Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Make room Mira Costa and Ambassador...

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    And DisneyMickey, I'd take that ugly comment back. The GCH is the best Dominic Lodge of them all. I can't see what all the fuss is about the Wilderness Lodge is about... And I'm not to keen on the Victorian Hotels either.
    Oh no way!!! I meant the Disneyland Hotel. I would no way say the Grand Californian is ugly. I forgot to leave it out. I was referring to the Disneyland Hotel. I hate the look and plain outside. You can't even tell it's a Disney hotel. The Grand Californian is incrediblely beautiful with its soaring cielings and deep pallete of colors. I LOVE that hotel. It's just the other ones(Paradise Pier is pretty ugly now that I think of it) are the ugliest of all Disney Hotels. I wish they would remodel both to look much more themed on the outside.

But me, well I love the Victorian style. The Disneyland Hotel in Paris is my favorite(I just wish they would touch up the exterior). But I like the Ambassador, MiraCosta, Grand Californian, Newport Bay Club, and Hong Kong Disneyland as well.
    Last edited by DisneyMickey; 02-18-2006 at 01:05 PM.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    Where can I find the original concept art?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    Thanks!

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by FutureImagineer183
    What?!??! All these years and TDR didnt have a DL hotel, WEIRD!!! yea i agree it looks beutiful and ours is just plain ugly(on the outside) but we are an american theme park!
    This thread totally slipped past me. anyway...
    They've had the ambassador and it's been treated kind of like a Disneyland hotel....kind of. It's Disney owned but it's near the 5 official hotels. It (Disneyland hotel) does look extremely impressive, it will be a new high in "Disneyland hotels" I believe. I don't think it can surpass the visuals, brilliant placement, detail, etc. of the Miracosta, I don't think anything can, but this will be an amazing hotel in it's own right.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey
    Disneyland Resort has the ugliest hotels out of all the resorts. Paris and Tokyo sport by far the most elaborate.
    I've seen picture walk-throughs of the various Paris resorts and except for the Disneyland Hotel I didn't find much to be wild about. Many hotels in WDW seem more elaborately themed than what I saw in those photo tours.

This hotel seems nice, but even in the concept art it looks like no Miracosta.
    Last edited by MickeyMania; 03-04-2006 at 07:16 PM.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

[QUOTE=DisneySeaFan... I don't think it can surpass the visuals, brilliant placement, detail, etc. of the Miracosta, I don't think anything can, but this will be an amazing hotel in it's own right.[/QUOTE]

Although I can't say from personal experience with these hotels... my opinion...

It will never be better than the Miracosta, with the Italian village and gondolas in the bay outside your window. Even a view into the park and seeing Cinderella Castle isn't as exciting as the Miracosta.

What about Animal Kingdom Lodge with the giraffes out your window. That's gotta be pretty cool.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    What about Animal Kingdom Lodge with the giraffes out your window. That's gotta be pretty cool.
    Eh that depends if you find that cool or not. I personally didn't. It was wierd knowing they had cameras trained on every balcony and you look out and it's like "oohh...animals...yay....yeah can we go ride something now?" Personally I find themepark views better.

• is satisfactual.

Many hotels in WDW seem more elaborately themed than what I saw in those photo tours.
    Oh for pete's sake, when will people understand that the Sequoia Lodge isn't as good as the Wilderness Lodge because it's only a three star place. It's cheaper. It's intentionally not as luxurious. And the Disneyland Hotel is at the very least a very distinct and original experience, even if you don't think it's a thousand times better themed and thought out than the Grand Floridian. As for the Newport Bay Club... How exactly is that inferior to the Beach/Yacht Clubs? I'm not seeing it. My irrational devotion must be obstructing my ability to judge objectively.

And the new TDR hotel seems nice. I like the green shingles. TDR seemed to be missing a hotel like that (well not really, but considering TDR generally has everything).

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots
    Oh for pete's sake, when will people understand that the Sequoia Lodge isn't as good as the Wilderness Lodge because it's only a three star place. It's cheaper. It's intentionally not as luxurious. And the Disneyland Hotel is at the very least a very distinct and original experience, even if you don't think it's a thousand times better themed and thought out than the Grand Floridian. As for the Newport Bay Club... How exactly is that inferior to the Beach/Yacht Clubs? I'm not seeing it. My irrational devotion must be obstructing my ability to judge objectively.

And the new TDR hotel seems nice. I like the green shingles. TDR seemed to be missing a hotel like that (well not really, but considering TDR generally has everything).
    Actually....they changed it to blue.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots
    TDR seemed to be missing a hotel like that (well not really, but considering TDR generally has everything).
    But we have no Fantasmic! yet....

• Disney Prince

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    But we have no Fantasmic! yet....
    wasn't that what Fantillusion was for? anyway, it's nice to see the US still has something great that Tokyo doesn't, not that I have anything against Tokyo....

• Banned User

Fantillusion was the 3 Act, 35 mins long electrical PARADE that replaced TDL Electrical Parade back in the early 90s. A small portion of TDL's Fantillusion electrical parade now performs at DLP. TDL Electrical Parade Dreamlights (an updated version of the old Main Street Electrical Parade) now plays at TDL.. So no, we have no Fantasmic! at TDR yet...

• Disney Prince

Fantillusion was the 3 Act, 35 mins long electrical PARADE that replaced TDL Electrical Parade back in the early 90s. A small portion of TDL's Fantillusion electrical parade now performs at DLP. TDL Electrical Parade Dreamlights (an updated version of the old Main Street Electrical Parade) now plays at TDL.. So no, we have no Fantasmic! at TDR yet...
    oh...that's sad they should have a hub-centric castle version of Fantasmic!

• Former Epcot CM

I think what the previous poster was trying to say is that Fantillusion is loosely based on the same storyline as Fantasmic. It is a definite fact that Fantasmic inspired Fantillusion.

I always thought a Fantasmic fireworks display would rock. Set to the soundtrack of the show, it could also include water effects etc... and Mickey on the balcony of the castle at the end instead of the Cider Mill/mountain.

Isn't WDS supposed to be getting some extravagant Fantasmic-style show to keep people there at night?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stitcharielsinbad
    oh...that's sad they should have a hub-centric castle version of Fantasmic!
    That would be a logistic nightmare, especially knowing how popular the live shows can be at TDL.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    I always thought a Fantasmic fireworks display would rock. Set to the soundtrack of the show, it could also include water effects etc... and Mickey on the balcony of the castle at the end instead of the Cider Mill/mountain
    In the early 90s, TDL used to have firework shows that launched many shells from the castle, included lasers (also from the castle) and had search lights on either side of the castle, and featured Mickey at the balcony at the top of the castle. "Magic in the Sky" Fireworks show comes to mind... so that idea has already been done at TDL..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast