Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Make room Mira Costa and Ambassador...

...here comes Tokyo Disneyland Hotel:

http://www.jtcent.com/extras/news/news_060206.html

• Minion

Re: Make room Mira Costa and Ambassador...

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyMickey

WOW!!! It look amazing and the best of the "Disneyland Hotels' IMO. I wonder how it will compare to Hotel MiraCosta?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    WOW!!! It look amazing and the best of the "Disneyland Hotels' IMO.
    Like the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel rivals the Grand Floridian, I have a feeling the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel will rival the Paris Disneyland Hotel. This hotel will probablly have the extreme detail that Paris has and it looks like it has some similar Victorian aspects. Plus, it will sit in front of Disneyland Park like Paris.

I wish the Disneyland Hotel in California looked like this. That thing is so ugly. Disneyland Resort has the ugliest hotels out of all the resorts. Paris and Tokyo sport by far the most elaborate.

• Minion

Like the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel rivals the Grand Floridian, I have a feeling the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel will rival the Paris Disneyland Hotel. This hotel will probablly have the extreme detail that Paris has and it looks like it has some similar Victorian aspects. Plus, it will sit in front of Disneyland Park like Paris.

I wish the Disneyland Hotel in California looked like this. That thing is so ugly. Disneyland Resort has the ugliest hotels out of all the resorts. Paris and Tokyo sport by far the most elaborate.
    Ya...the Disneyland Hotel in California is just hideous and unthemed. My favorite Disney hotel is the MiraCosta...so detailed!

Well maybe with a little adjustments, the current Disneyland Hotel will go, and a new hotel like this one, or HK, or Paris will get built. I hope maybe that they build one that will rival all Disney hotels as the pride and joy of the first park.

It seems that Tokyo has always be ahead in hotels, and Paris and HKDL following in terms of design and concept.

• Banned User

What?!??! All these years and TDR didnt have a DL hotel, WEIRD!!! yea i agree it looks beutiful and ours is just plain ugly(on the outside) but we are an american theme park!

• Disney Prince

I like Paris' better

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood

It seems that Tokyo has always be ahead in hotels, and Paris and HKDL following in terms of design and concept.
    TDR only got its first Official Disney Hotel in 2000.

Well yes, but I meant comparing the design of the hotels to the Disneyland Resort's Hotel to those flagship hotels of those resorts. We have GCH which is very nice but the DLR Hotel needs to be on a par style wise and service wise with the other resorts hotel.

• Having a Grand Day!

The main thing it has going for it is the fact it is not Pink. I think the hotel is ment to be on par with the DLPH... At least in design. I dont know about service...

And DisneyMickey, I'd take that ugly comment back. The GCH is the best Dominic Lodge of them all. I can't see what all the fuss is about the Wilderness Lodge is about... And I'm not to keen on the Victorian Hotels either.

And keep in mind this hotel was designed by WDI - All it takes is a Decent cash flow and a picky client.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    I think the hotel is ment to be on par with the DLPH... At least in design. I dont know about service...
    Knowing OLC and being familiar with the japanese's excellent customer service and efficiency, this new facility will be indeed a par with TDS Miracosta, which is the facility that already elevated the bar one step above the GCH, GFH, DLPH, and HKDLH. Those of you who have not been should definitely treat yourselves to a night at the Miracosta and experience Disney service the way you've never have before. Worth every yen they charge for it. Trust me on that one

As for the new TDLH... what strikes me immediately is how tall this building will be, at least comparable to 10 stories high at the top of the turrets...and that will make it one of the most imposing Disney-designed hotels on Earth. I can't hardly wait to see this behemont raise in the next couple of years. It will be class, class, class and I reckon...not that cheap either.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Knowing OLC and being familiar with the japanese's excellent customer service and efficiency, this new facility will be indeed a par with TDS Miracosta, which is the facility that already elevated the bar one step above the GCH, GFH, DLPH, and HKDLH. Those of you who have not been should definitely treat yourselves to a night at the Miracosta and experience Disney service the way you've never have before. Worth every yen they charge for it. Trust me on that one

As for the new TDLH... what strikes me immediately is how tall this building will be, at least comparable to 10 stories high at the top of the turrets...and that will make it one of the most imposing Disney-designed hotels on Earth. I can't hardly wait to see this behemont raise in the next couple of years. It will be class, class, class and I reckon...not that cheap either.
    I actualy was trying to make a joke at the Parisians expense while praising the Japanese on that one.

Re Imposing Disney Hotels... It's going to have to share the crown with the WDW Dolphin and the Contemporary.

Re: Pricing - Let's Just Say It might Actualy work out to be Cheaper to Stay in The Grand Floridian's Presidential Suite.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN

What strikes me weird is that the reported cost is only around $400 million while the MiraCosta was around $1 billion.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I like the original concept art better...the green roof looked nicer and that little dome just seems out of place. :yuk:

I see what the fuss is about the GCH vs the Wilderness Lodge. They are two different types of lodges, but they are both brown and kinda look alike so they get compared. The Wilderness features lots of areas that look built with tree trunks, huge stones, it all looks very ornate and natural. You dont really get a sense of natural from the GCH, but it is going for the arts & crafts movement, so sort of a replicated natural look. The details in the GCH are all in the A&C windows and ceiling details, all the great and cool A&C touches (arts & crafts architects include Frank Lloyd Wright for those wishing to learn more). While the WL has Arts and Crafts touches the GCH seems to take it so much further.

Look at this it says "built with logs"
    http://www.disneypix.com/Resorts/Lod...ge-0506-58.htm

Look at this it doesn't
    http://www.disneypix.com/Disneyland/...-011702-10.htm

But I guess the way Disney marketed it people were expecting a WL inside DCA...when the details and feelings are similar but different.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I like the original concept art better...the green roof looked nicer and that little dome just seems out of place. :yuk:
    Where can I find the original concept art?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast