Thread: TDR Book...

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

TDR Book...

Is there a good book (English, please!) that documents the story of Tokyo Disneyland / DisneySea / the whole TDR?

Disneyland has "The Nickel Tour," "The Inside Story", and the smaller ones they used to sell in the park (like "First Quarter Century"), among others.

WDW has their own hardcover books sold in the park, as well as "EPCOT Center: Creating the New World of Tomorrow".

Disneyland Paris has "From Sketch To Reality".

Is there a comparable book for the Tokyo park(s)?

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Re: TDR Book...

Follow-up question (even though the first one hasn't gotten a response yet):

Anybody read this one? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/067...Fencoding=UTF8

It's looking pretty academic. Not quite what I'm looking for, but could be cool... Anyone? Bueller?

Riding the Black Ship : Japan and Tokyo Disneyland is a decent read. However, it has some factual errors and makes wide assumptions about Japanese culture. I believe it was reviewed on Laughing Place a few years ago.
    To answer your OP, there are a number of books available about the Tokyo parks, but they are in Japanese. In fact, even the Chairman and CEO of Oriental Land Company has a book out.

• Banned User

I have not been able to find any english books at all about TDL's history. However..for the 15th anniversary...they did release one of those "My TDL" magazines with photographic history of the park's milestones and grand openings and events thru the years... But like DisneyLurker said... everything that's out there is in japanese. Not sure if there has ever been a "nickel tour" like book done in japanese either.
    An ex-TDL CM just released a book which was also translated in english about his experiences at TDL and lessons he learned for life being a CM there, but it's not really about TDR in particular, but more about his personal "maturing" while working at TDL... I have not read that one yet, nor am I interested in it.

Thanks for the replies. It's too bad there's not more out there.

I think a nice big, fat coffee table book about TDisneySea alone, something like "Disneyland Paris: From Sketch To Reality" with a lot of WDI concept art, would be so cool.

• Banned User

There are lots of TDS and TDL coffee table soft cover books but they are all in Japanese.