Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are there ANY pictures out there of the 20k Squid?

Right now I feel like I'm going to have to travel to Tokyo to see it.

Re: Are there ANY pictures out there of the 20k Squid?

I've heard that photography and video isn't allowed on the ride, or it's not possible, because I've just wanted to see how the ride vehicles oporate, and I can't see any photos but OLC press release photos, or photos of the queue. Hopefully somebody might have a photo. I didn't even know it had a squid..

• Sea Creature

Photography and video isn't aloud on almost everything. And with the windows and the darkness of the vehicles and the outside of them, the pictures wouldn't be that good.

That sucks. I heard of the no photography rule, but I'm sure someone has gotten a picture. Does anyone have a description?

Check out the official website of the show designer and art director of this attraction:
    http://www.scottshermandesign.com/html/tdspage1.html

• The Unknown Princess

Tokyo Disney does not allow photos/videos??? Dear heavens! I have seen tourists from Japan here and they ALMOST all have a video camera and a digital camera and a cell phone with a camera and a video camera that can take digital pictures.
    Always keep smiling because you never know who is falling in love with it.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Part of the Disney Ohana

--------------------------------------------------------

• Rock The World

I've survived the squid, and it's HUUUUUGE!!! Seriously, big, and beautifully rendered. You never see all of it, just the shadow cast by its tentacles at first, then a huge, baleful eye which fills almost the entire porthole of your sub. This is followed by a face-to-face showdown with the great, gnashing beak before your sub makes a break for it (Captain Nemo barking orders in Japanese all the while.)
    Before your sub gets far though, you find yourself ensnared in the tentacles and brought to a complete halt. This particular sequence is brilliantly realised - I think the tentacles that block your forward passage are really just a set of doors, separating the attack scene from the next part of the show building, but they look extremely realistic all the same.
    Captain Nemo gives the order, the electric defences are activated, and huge, blazing bolts of energy course along the tentacles, which then withdraw. Free from their grip, your sub makes an emergency dive into the darkness of a deep sea trench.
    All in all, some of the most impressive effects I've ever seen in a ride. Unfortunately, any flash photography would totally ruin them. It's all down to the lighting!

Thats alot for the description. It's too bad Disneyland's Submarine Voyage didn't actually show the squid like 20k in WDW did. I guess it just had an electrical shock sound.

• Solar Flare Foamer

Winston-Salem, North Carolina, United States

That sounds wonderful! If only I could convince my wife to make the overseas flight. We're having to make the Disneyland trip as a sort of babystep. Too bad I have to wait so long. By that time, they'll have built the American equivalent.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital Jedi
    That sounds wonderful! If only I could convince my wife to make the overseas flight. We're having to make the Disneyland trip as a sort of babystep. Too bad I have to wait so long. By that time, they'll have built the American equivalent.
    That would be great if they brought it back to WDW. The people there got robbed of a fantastic ride.

• Solar Flare Foamer

I didn't even realize it was gone my last trip there. I kept walking by this place that seemed eerily familiar wondering what it was I was missing and then to hit me close to closing time. I hadn't been on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea since I was little and didn't even realize it. I have this dim memroy of a plastic shark floating by my window and thats it. :s

• Rock The World

My "local" park is Paris, so, although I've made a couple of trips to WDW over the past ten years, I've never seen a Magic Kingdom park with working subs. In fact, I only learned of their existence when the new Finding Nemo overlay was announced! It sounds like such a great idea for a ride, and I dearly hope to see something similar take shape here in Paris one day. Hey, if they take up the Autopia track, they'd have plenty of space for a sub ride here. And it would be right next door to the Nautilus walkthrough!

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by dizzydisneydee
    Tokyo Disney does not allow photos/videos??? Dear heavens! I have seen tourists from Japan here and they ALMOST all have a video camera and a digital camera and a cell phone with a camera and a video camera that can take digital pictures.
    Well in attractions they don't allow them. But yes lot's of pictures are being taken all over the place, mostly with cell phones. You see teenage cell phone zombies with their faces down at a cell phone everywhere, tons and tons of them.
    Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 03-17-2006 at 06:47 PM.

• Solar Flare Foamer

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan
    Well in a attractions they don't allow them. But yes lot's of pictures are being taken all over the place, mostly with cell phones. You see teenage cell phone zombies with their faces down at a cell phone everywhere, tons and tons of them.
    I would have never thoght that incorperating something as innocuous as a camera into a Cell Phone would be some overwhelmingly popular. I'm going to see if I can incorperate a toaster into a cell phone watch the bucks roll in.

Cell Phones...they're phones, yet I see more people texting (Just talk to them on the phone!) or taking pictures with them rather than actually talking.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast