Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Disney Prince

Re: Things that are better at TDR than other Disney parks/resorts

Quote Originally Posted by kcnole
    This park has 20K still correct? That's enough for me. There's not a ride I miss more from anywhere than 20K at MK.
    no, TDR's 20k is a dark ride, nothing like the e-ticket that was in MK.

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Whether or not Sonny Eclipse is better or worse than five animatronics on-stage as a band is irrelevant. If I wanted that so badly, I'd go to Chucky Cheese and save about $1100.
    I'm amused by the notion that making a positive comment about animatronics in an eating spot implies that the themed restaurant in itself is worth airfare, lodging and tickets to Japan/TDR.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by stitcharielsinbad
    8. The Tokyo Disney Resort Line. Those beautiful mickey shaped windows...just awesome!
    You have to be joking, right? Those trains have no element of design to them - there commuter Hitachi Monorails with mickey windows with absolutly no attempt at being original, bar some of the obligtory 'mickey' touches that everyone eats up as being incredibly cute and 'Disney' (Disney to me is pushing the boundaries in creative design and taking it to the next level, not cheaping out with star-patterned carpet.). They have got no streamlining and look really heavy compared to the super-sleek WDW Mark VI and DLR Mark VII's.

I'm not trying to be xenophobic or rasist, but sometimes Japanese culture really puzzles me - they don't really have a care for anything that tries to be groundbreaking artistic as long as it's cute (and in the case of TDR, stars Mickey). That being said, looking at some of the entertainment on the TDR website the costuming and the props/sets look lavish and beautifuly crafted, but the plots are incredibly weak and only serve to get the mouse as much stage time as possible.
    Last edited by drnilescrane; 03-31-2006 at 10:36 PM.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by America Stings
    I'm amused by the notion that making a positive comment about animatronics in an eating spot implies that the themed restaurant in itself is worth airfare, lodging and tickets to Japan/TDR.
    I'm simply saying it's not important because if it really was, then a themed restaurant is better than both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    That being said, looking at some of the entertainment on the TDR website the costuming and the props/sets look lavish and beautifuly crafted, but the plots are incredibly weak and only serve to get the mouse as much stage time as possible.
    This from the guy who wanted a Donald Fantasmic.

• Having a Grand Day!

This from the guy who wanted a Donald Fantasmic.
    As a one time April Fools Joke...

• враг народа

Blog Entries

You have to be joking, right? Those trains have no element of design to them - there commuter Hitachi Monorails with mickey windows with absolutly no attempt at being original, bar some of the obligtory 'mickey' touches that everyone eats up as being incredibly cute and 'Disney' (Disney to me is pushing the boundaries in creative design and taking it to the next level, not cheaping out with star-patterned carpet.). They have got no streamlining and look really heavy compared to the super-sleek WDW Mark VI and DLR Mark VII's.
    Don't forget though that those monorails have to pass regulations too. I bet the OLC wouldn't be allowed to operate something like the Mark series.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Oh come on, if they have something like this then a more traditional Disney monorail wouldn't be asking too much.

• Disney Prince

I'm not trying to be xenophobic or rasist, but sometimes Japanese culture really puzzles me - they don't really have a care for anything that tries to be groundbreaking artistic as long as it's cute (and in the case of TDR, stars Mickey). That being said, looking at some of the entertainment on the TDR website the costuming and the props/sets look lavish and beautifuly crafted, but the plots are incredibly weak and only serve to get the mouse as much stage time as possible.
    oh come on! the original poster just made an error in judgement about titling this thread, it's all about recounting the great things whicha re unique to TDR, not another TDR is better topic.

and sure they are super sleek, but they still don't have those cute mickey windows.

But come on, why does it have to be groundbreaking? so what if it's just cute? That's what the japanese people want! It's actually one of the things that are quite admirable about them. They don't have to care about being better or being extravagantly complex as long as it's fun and enjoyable. You'll only end up dissapointed if you keep looking for everything in one place.

If you want big stories, go to the movies, read a book! There's a whole world out there with far more interesting things to devote your time to than rant about why Japanese people like cute things. This is a Disney forum, lighten up!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    Oh gosh... has TDLFAN seen this post yet?
    Yes. Days ago while in Japan.

He appears to have disappeared somewhere for the past two weeks.
    Well, forgive me for having a life. I was in Tokyo and TDR for the past few days... TDL was closed for several hours for three days in a row due to heavy attendance. TDS was also very very crowded but didn't close. Most waittimes were on average 120-145 mins for most major rides. Lines were long for food, especially vending carts. The gift shops were in gridlock mode. To add insult to injury... most entertainment had to be canceled due to very strong winds in the kanto region. Rhythms of the World was particularly impacted by weather cancellations...

Photos to be posted soon, shortly after my quality control checkup at WDW's MK this tuesday.

• Banned User

Quality control checkup?

Aint dellusions of granduer fun?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to drnilescrane again.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by KNRG
    Quality control checkup?

Aint dellusions of granduer fun?
    Yes. More fun that you will ever had in a decade.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    Don't forget though that those monorails have to pass regulations too. I bet the OLC wouldn't be allowed to operate something like the Mark series.
    It wouldn't be to hard to scale the Mark VI up to the same size as the Tokyo Monorails and add a communication door to the front..

I know my views on what Tokyo Disneyland should be aren't all that popular (as pointed out above), but I'd love to see Disney return to making inovations in Story and Technology just for the sake of pushing the boundaries further, rather than cheaping out and doing what everybody else is doing just to please the crowds easily. Mission:Space v Horizons is an example of this - Horizons even on paper is a much more appealing ride to me because it presents and optimistic vision of the future rather than throwing me arround just to an adrenalin shot.

• Banned User

I just love how those of you who have never set foot on the TDR LIne are quick to put it down because it looks odd, boxy, whathave you.... But that's all you will ever know about the TDR LIne monorails.... There is more positive aspects of that operation beyond the look of those monorails... which is why they put the much nicer looking DL and WDW monos to bloody shame.

• Banned User

TDL, do you ever try to see past the end of your own nose?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast