Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Having a Grand Day!

Re: Things that are better at TDR than other Disney parks/resorts

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I just love how those of you who have never set foot on the TDR LIne are quick to put it down because it looks odd, boxy, whathave you.... But that's all you will ever know about the TDR LIne monorails.... There is more positive aspects of that operation beyond the look of those monorails... which is why they put the much nicer looking DL and WDW monos to bloody shame.
    But TDLFAN, I have taken a grand circle tour of the Tokyo Disney Resort on the TDRL monorail in Janurary 2005. The system was efficient and did an excelent job of getting people from the station to Tokyo Disney Sea (Which I didn't visit seeing as I only had one day at the resort) and it was all run just like the railways (Including Having To Pay ).

I just REALLY hate their appearance.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    But TDLFAN, I have taken a grand circle tour of the Tokyo Disney Resort on the TDRL monorail in Janurary 2005. The system was efficient and did an excelent job of getting people from the station to Tokyo Disney Sea (Which I didn't visit seeing as I only had one day at the resort) and it was all run just like the railways (Including Having To Pay ).

I just REALLY hate their appearance.
    Great. I stand corrected, but how come you never cared to mention the positive along side your personal opinion on their apperance?? At least I agree the WDW and DLR monos are great looking over TDR's but (at least at WDW) their service and expeditiousness leave a lot to be desired.

• Disney Prince

i personallyy like the TDR monorails better

• Having a Grand Day!

Great. I stand corrected, but how come you never cared to mention the positive along side your personal opinion on their apperance?? At least I agree the WDW and DLR monos are great looking over TDR's but (at least at WDW) their service and expeditiousness leave a lot to be desired.
    I've maintained since the beginning that the Service is superior at TDL - I just forgot about the TDL line.

I'd never expect a Cast Member to come rushing up to help me while I was struggling with my bags at Disneyland like what happened to me at TDL.

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Quote Originally Posted by stitcharielsinbad
    oh come on! the original poster just made an error in judgement about titling this thread, it's all about recounting the great things whicha re unique to TDR, not another TDR is better topic.
    Huh? Maybe you should explain that.

It seems to me that the error is on the side of the reader, not me. The thread title is "things that are better at TDR" ... NOT "TDR is better than others because of these reasons."

Big difference. So what's the error you're claiming I made in the title?

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

I'm not trying to be xenophobic or rasist, but sometimes Japanese culture really puzzles me - they don't really have a care for anything that tries to be groundbreaking artistic as long as it's cute (and in the case of TDR, stars Mickey). That being said, looking at some of the entertainment on the TDR website the costuming and the props/sets look lavish and beautifuly crafted, but the plots are incredibly weak and only serve to get the mouse as much stage time as possible.
    You have to be joking, right? If you truly think that Japanese culture "don't really have a care for anything that tries to be groundbreaking artistic...", well, it doesn't necessarily make you xenophobic or "rasist"[sic] but it does raise the possibility that you are extemely ignorant of Japanese art and design. It ain't all Sanrio over there!

• Disney Prince

Quote Originally Posted by America Stings
    Huh? Maybe you should explain that.

It seems to me that the error is on the side of the reader, not me. The thread title is "things that are better at TDR" ... NOT "TDR is better than others because of these reasons."

Big difference. So what's the error you're claiming I made in the title?
    oh ok well then, you really souldn't have put the flavoured popcorn thing there.

and The Paris Pirates PWNS the Tokyo version.

and the AA Alien band can easily be trumped by either Sunny Eclipse in MK or the Enchanted Tikki Restaurant place in Paris

and Rocket Jets is so outdated.

• Sea Creature

Japanese culture doesn't do anything "groundbreaking artistic"? Ever heard of Kabuki, Bunraku, Japanese Rock Gardens, Flower Arrangements, Bonsai trees, Japanese trees of all kinds in fact, Shoji screens, Tatami mats, futons, anime? Japanese arts are everywhere, they have always been artistic. As for their theme parks, DisneySea isn't artistic? I've never seen any theme park that's more classy and artistic than DisneySea.
    Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 04-04-2006 at 04:04 PM.

• Vehicle rotating backward

To add insult to injury... most entertainment had to be canceled due to very strong winds in the kanto region.
    At first I misread this as "very stong winds in the kancho region" and giggled like a schoolgirl.

Photos to be posted soon, shortly after my quality control checkup at WDW's MK this tuesday.
    Well, I want high-res shots this time PLEASE. The only thing disappointing about browsing your photo gallery is seeing a beautiful picture of a park I'll probably never see and then seeing that it's stuck at 640x480.

oh ok well then, you really souldn't have put the flavoured popcorn thing there.

and The Paris Pirates PWNS the Tokyo version.

and the AA Alien band can easily be trumped by either Sunny Eclipse in MK or the Enchanted Tikki Restaurant place in Paris

and Rocket Jets is so outdated.
    Alright, cool, awesome, dope.... but you still didn't answer my question....

Oh well, I think I figured it out myself. I should have titled this thread differently because the way it is now just brings the wrong/weird/angry/irrelevant kind of responses out of hyper-defensive posters.

Why not put in the "flavoured" popcorn? "You shouldn't have done that!" LOL. Big deal. Get over it. That stuff is good. They need more flavored (sorry, I'm American) popcorn at my home park, DL.

Paris Pirates could very well "PWN" every other POTC. Quite unfortunately, I haven't been on it yet. Haven't been to DLP (or HKDL), so I'm losing out big time, and don't really have the full perspective on all Disney parks. Fair enough. Guess I should have done a disclaimer and mentioned that in the OP.

Eff the alien band. I'm not that attached to them really. Take them off my list. Could care less at this point. I'm going to Chuck E. Cheese.

Rocket Jets... I already went over that one.

• Stop That!

and Hong Kong's Astro Orbiter is so much better.
    Except it's on the ground. Though it does have those sound-effects buttons...

• Stop That!

Why not put in the "flavoured" popcorn? ... That stuff is good. They need more flavored (sorry, I'm American) popcorn at my home park, DL.
    I agree about the popcorn. After a TDL visit, I was disappointed that all I could get at WDW was normal popcorn.

I also really liked TDL's popcorn machines. They've got some of the same machines as California DL (the ones with the little people slaving away at the handcrank) but TDL has more of them. Winnie the Pooh (honey flavored), more Country Bears, and even a Pecos Bill sitting on his horse, pushing the crank with his foot (and smoking a cigarette--you definitely wouldn't see that in the states!).

• Having a Grand Day!

You have to be joking, right? If you truly think that Japanese culture "don't really have a care for anything that tries to be groundbreaking artistic...", well, it doesn't necessarily make you xenophobic or "rasist"[sic] but it does raise the possibility that you are extemely ignorant of Japanese art and design. It ain't all Sanrio over there!
    Your points are all extremely valid, and I definatly made a stupid mistake of making my statement all encompassing, and things come out in the wrong context. The Japanese have been artistic for centuries, and classical Japanese artwork and architecture is beautiful.

I just feel that a lot of People who go to Tokyo Disney Sea or Tokyo Disneyland don't go to admire the beautiful setting and artistic setting. They go to see their favorite charachters - and come out dissapointed when they realise that Mickey isn't as prominent as they hoped. Most don't go to see a well constructed theatrical production - they go to see Mickey.

• Banned User

I just feel that a lot of People who go to Tokyo Disney Sea or Tokyo Disneyland don't go to admire the beautiful setting and artistic setting. They go to see their favorite charachters - and come out dissapointed when they realise that Mickey isn't as prominent as they hoped. Most don't go to see a well constructed theatrical production - they go to see Mickey.
    Mickey not prominently at TDR?!?!?! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! If anything Mickey is all overexposed in every show, event, meet and greet available in TDR!!! How can you even say that?!?!?! Then add insult to injury by adding that people do not go to admire beautiful settings?!?!? HAHAHAHA!!! Even Robb Albbey from [Link to unauthorized site removed].com (a bonafide coaster lover and thrill seeker first and foremost) had this today about TDS.. "This place is amazing!! It's like they added more theming overnight since we were here yesterday!!!" REALLY NILES!!!! You kill me... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

• Having a Grand Day!

That was a grammar mistake which was the result of a bad edit - Mickey is well and truly overexposed at TDL - what I ment to say is that one of the reasons that was given to me about the fact that attendance at TDS isn't as rosy as expected is of a lack of Disney Charachters such as Mickey and Pooh in Attractions (Of the Ride Type).

Anyway, I'd prefer to leave this particular discussion here - I've gone and said something stupid without thinking about it and I've got myself into a huge hole. I do love TDR and it's excelent Matinence, Theming and Service, and I can't wait to visit again, Mickey-Centric Show or Not.
    Last edited by drnilescrane; 04-05-2006 at 04:19 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123