Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

Things that are better at TDR than other Disney parks/resorts

Here's what I got:

1. Splash Mountain - bigger, grander, added scenes, better location... (Though it is kinda funny how, just like at DL, it's somewhat awkwardly right next door to the Haunted Mansion - just on the opposite side! But they're not as close to each other as in DL.)

2. The best "2nd gate".... Hmmm. I'm admittedly going out on a bit of a limb here by claiming TDS's superiority over Epcot (or even EPCOT Center), but I'm still gonna do it. I won't even get started about DCA or WDS.

3. Multi Flavored Popcorn. Enuff said.

4. Old school Pirates of the Caribbean... They still chase the women, right? (I might be wrong about this one.)

5. That pizza restaurant in Tomorrowland with the AA alien band.

6. Rocket Jets still up high.

7. Winnie THe Pooh's Hunny Hunt - Much, much sweeter than those other Pooh rides. It's the bee's knees. After you're first ride, you're heart will be stuck on it.

• Banned User

Re: Things that are better at TDR than other Disney parks/resorts

1. Don't ride it, don't know, don't care.

2. AHH! Epcot is the best! *smacksmacksmack* No lava grub is gonna change that!

3. Epcot sells all the weird flavored Japanese food i'd ever want and we have Dole Whips, thank you very much.

4. I think i'll like the states better after rehab.

5. What's wrong with Sunny Eclipse in MK's tomorrowland? Plus, he sells chicken, burgers, and sandwiches - variety is the spice of life!

6. Got those at WDW too, plus if you want we also have spinners in several flavors and varieties.

7. Eh, it's a nice ride, but it's based on technology developed for Epcot.

• Sea Creature

Wow I could go on and on, not to take away from other Disney parks but TDR does a lot right. Cleanliness, cast members, upkeep, use of space, Tokyo Disney Resort line, hotels.

I live 2 miles away from Disneyland if Walt would've built it at Riverside and Buena Vista.

to KNRG:

1. Uh. Okay.
    2. "Smack me and I'll smack you back" is a line from a great Digital Underground song.
    3. Uh. Okay.
    4. Uh. "You think." Okay.
    5. Sunny Eclipse is great. I forgot about him. Was thinking of Redd Rockets in DL with that mention... Fair enough.
    6. Again, I was thinking of DL (I live in SoCal), but MK still has their Rocket Jets, ahem, Astro Orbiter up high where it belongs? Awesome. Good call.
    7. Interesting. I didn't know that. For what WDW attraction? Tell me more, please.

One question: Have you ever been to TDR?

My post wasn't an attack on WDW or any other park. Just giving the stoopid, mad, phat props to TDR, a great place. Just FYI, ya know...

Breathe in. Breathe out. It's gonna be okay.
    Last edited by Saddlesore Swanson; 03-30-2006 at 03:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KNRG
    3. Epcot sells all the weird flavored Japanese food i'd ever want and we have Dole Whips, thank you very much.
    This makes absolutely no sense, thank you very much. Totally aside from your xenophobia, what do Dole Whips (also available at DL) have to do with popcorn?

• Banned User

I don't have xenophobia ( unless you means Zenonphobia - the fear of Zenon, girl of the 21st century, she's scary!)

But Japan is known for it's weird flavored popcorn. I can buy all sorts of randomly flavored crunchy items (direct from Japan) at the Mitsukoshi in Epcot.

Along those lines, if i want a variety of flavors, I prefer the classic Dole Whip (pineapple) Citrus Swirl (avail at the sunshine terrace - it's orange) and the Strawberry Swirl (available at enchanted grove).

Great.

• Gay Man

Yes, TDR is a MAGNIFICIENT set of parks. I love what the Disney company can do with imagination when it has the money of a GIANT corporation to fund their ideas. I wish we had that kind of commitment in the American parks, but we do not. At least not at that level.

Disneyland Paris was the last great partd the Disney company built - and that even had major outside funding.

• Disney Prince

Quote Originally Posted by America Stings
    Here's what I got:

1. Splash Mountain - bigger, grander, added scenes, better location... (Though it is kinda funny how, just like at DL, it's somewhat awkwardly right next door to the Haunted Mansion - just on the opposite side! But they're not as close to each other as in DL.)

2. The best "2nd gate".... Hmmm. I'm admittedly going out on a bit of a limb here by claiming TDS's superiority over Epcot (or even EPCOT Center), but I'm still gonna do it. I won't even get started about DCA or WDS.

4. Old school Pirates of the Caribbean... They still chase the women, right? (I might be wrong about this one.)

7. Winnie THe Pooh's Hunny Hunt - Much, much sweeter than those other Pooh rides. It's the bee's knees. After you're first ride, you're heart will be stuck on it.
    1. Yes, the Tokyo Splash Mountain is amazing, trumps all the others.

2. DisneySea is definately the BEST 2nd gate of all the Disney resorts.

3.yeah The multiflavored popcorn

4. I disagree with the Pirates one, I think Paris currently has the best PotC.

5. True True

6. I disagree with Rocket Jets, it feels so 60's and outdated it's called Tomorrowland not What-our-grandparents-thought-would-be-tomorrow-land. and Hong Kong's Astro Orbiter is so much better.

7. Pooh's Hunny Hunt trumps all dark rides.

Plus:

8. The Tokyo Disney Resort Line. Those beautiful mickey shaped windows...just awesome!

9. It's in Japan, which means the people are very respectful and clean which in the end helps the park stay pristine and lovely

10. Cinderellabration: Lights of Romance, lovely, just lovely

11. The Special Events.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by America Stings
    Here's what I got:

1) I've heard many people agree with that. Oddly though, because it is supposed to be the same design as WDW's...can someone confirm that?

2) Yeah well the best second gate that isn't freaking out it's owners is still EPCOT.

3) You are rating popcorn as one of the top things? Ok I guess.

4) Yeah old school Pirates, and not being touched by the movie as of yet. That's a good one.

5) Well WDW has Sonny Eclipse, in a seemingly less eclectic atmosphere...but yes AA bands in Tomorrowland are cool.

6) And WDW has Astro Orbitor up high...and a post cold war Tomorrowland.

7) Yeah I don't think one can argue with Pooh.

• Disney Prince

Quote Originally Posted by KNRG
    1. Don't ride it, don't know, don't care.

2. AHH! Epcot is the best! *smacksmacksmack* No lava grub is gonna change that!

4. I think i'll like the states better after rehab.

5. What's wrong with Sunny Eclipse in MK's tomorrowland? Plus, he sells chicken, burgers, and sandwiches - variety is the spice of life!

6. Got those at WDW too, plus if you want we also have spinners in several flavors and varieties.

7. Eh, it's a nice ride, but it's based on technology developed for Epcot.
    1. about Splash Mountain in Tokyo it has more scenes in it than the stateside SM's; From outside, it looks much larger and more beautiful, plus it has the train rolling just outside of it. over-all, the best Splash mountain in the world.

2. Nah, EPCOT was born with a distinctly bad identity crisis and is popularly known as the "boring" park because it tries to shove education down people's throats. I personally love EPCOT, but it doesn't take a genius to realize just how above and beyond Tokyo DisneySea is compared to EPCOT and all the other "2nd gates" [The only other park worthy of challenging TDS would have to be Disney's Animal Kingdom but only if it was complete from the get go, either that or the never brought to fruition WESTcot which is the 'fixed' version of EPCOT]

3. The flavored popcorn is TDR's signature leisure food, like MK's Turkey legs, it doesn't necessarily make it better but it is a very nice plus. There is too much variety in EPCOT to properly have a signature nostalgic food of choice.

4. Lke I said, Paris trumps all the other PoTC's because the storyline is fixed from the original and is still untainted by the movie.

5. I think they're kind of the same. But you have to see that Sunny Eclipse is alone while in Tokyo, it's a whole band.

6. Yeah, MK's Astro Orbiter is way better.

7. You obviously have never been to Hunny Hunt. Sure, it was developed from EPCOT technology, but the EPCOT verson is intensely boring and doesn't hold a candle to the magic of Huny Hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    3) You are rating popcorn as one of the top things? Ok I guess.
    LOL! A tad absurd, huh?

Well, not that the list was in any particular order, I do have to admit that snacks (and other edibles) are a major part of my theme park experiences. Everytime I'm at DL: gotta get a Dole Whip. or I gotta get popcorn. or I gotta get an ice cream cone at Gibson Girl. or...

• Former Epcot CM

Oh gosh... has TDLFAN seen this post yet?
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Vehicle rotating backward

Whether or not Sonny Eclipse is better or worse than five animatronics on-stage as a band is irrelevant. If I wanted that so badly, I'd go to Chucky Cheese and save about $1100.

I would say that EPCOT, at it's best, is probably a better second gate than TDS. However, at the moment it's not at it's best for a variety of reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    Oh gosh... has TDLFAN seen this post yet?
    He appears to have disappeared somewhere for the past two weeks. Coincidentally, the amount of critical eyes on this park have gone up since he's been stuck on the runway.

On the whole, people familiar with DL seem to be more likely to be impressed out of their shoes with TDR. By what I've seen reading most boards, people more familiar with WDW tend to say "ehh, it's a push." I blame DCA, not so much for what it is now but for the whole Westcot fiasco and letdown surrounding what could have been.

TDS has been a big mistake because rather than keep people on property longer, it first cannibalized TDL attendance before TDL cannibalized it's attendance back for good, and things have remained that way. That's why we see that thread that says atmosphere entertainment is being decimated and CMs are treated without a lick of respect.

Blog Entries

This park has 20K still correct? That's enough for me. There's not a ride I miss more from anywhere than 20K at MK.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast