Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Graffitti at TDL

Graffitti at TDL
    Ok... it was bound to happen, and I am dreding the whole thing already... and trust me, they don't need to give guests any ideas that are counter-productive either....

But rumors are rampant about TDL's Cinderella Castle getting some type of graffitti painted over it during the upcoming 23rd anniversary new special event show/parade "Find Stitch!" ARGH!!! I am not a happy camper.

So help me Lord, I will be there bright and early on April 15th to check this out myself... What will be next? Toilet-paper wrapping of the castle as well to mimic the MK stunt when Great Escape opened?? (gotta admit that ws a bit funny )

Also, the new "Find Stitch!" parade and show will feature floats with lots of graffiti painted everywhere... and if the recent Stitch Great Escape and the new Giant Stitch on top of WOD is any indication... we guests will probably be spat on as well during the show, or maybe from the event props around the Hub??? Not trying to give the honchos at OLC any ideas for a summer watery version of this show as they did the last two summers with the Buzz and Rock & Roll events...

Now... this is an unconfirmed rumor but there is a good chance that Stitch's face will also be placed where the traditional flower Mickey face is, at the front of the park... This would mark the 2nd time ever another character's face besides Mickey, will greet guests as they enter the park. The first one was Donald's face 7 years ago during the frenetic "Donald's Super wacky Kingdom" event...

About the Find Stitch parade... feat. Lilo and some brand new rubber heads making their first appearance ever in a Disney park.. among them Stitch's pals... Experiment 624, 625, 627, 010, 221, 258 and several other characters from Stitch's popular TV cartoon show. I have seen the publicity shots of these rubber heads and will have to admit... They translate well into rubber heads...especially gal pal Angel (624)... Very cute job on the rubber heads by costuming!! The parade itself starts in Fantasyland, will perform a show mode around the hub area and the move on thru TL and Toontown... The whole show is said to be a 35 mins Stitch fest.

As with any event at TDL.. there will be your obligatory special event goods, menus, pin, plushes, gadgets and gizmos, photo spots around the hub..and for guests attending on debut day (TDL's 23rd anniversary day April 15th.. "me! me! me! a free present..a Stitch fastener will be given out to guests as they pass thru the turnstyles. The fastener features Stitch with paint brush in hand.. painting around the top of the castle... Hmmm.... :/

You can see pictures and art concept of everything covered here by visiting
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...pring_tdl.html

or the japanese version and info/photo intensive site at:
    http://www.hulihuli.jp/index.html

• Merry 2014!

Re: Graffitti at TDL

What! Graffitti on the Castle! that is just too much. Is nothing sacred anymore? I for one am tired of all the Stitch hoo haw. Is stitch becoming the new mickey mouse? Is that what disney really wants for an image- a burping, spitting alien? Arrrggghhh!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Banned User

Hopefully, TDL's castle won't end up like WDW's Cinderella Castle did wrapped in toilet paper (and note the small graffitti on the bottom left side of the castle on this photo)

http://www.floridatoday.com/gallerie...sneycastle.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasmico!
    I for one am tired of all the Stitch hoo haw. Is stitch becoming the new mickey mouse? Is that what disney really wants for an image- a burping, spitting alien? Arrrggghhh!
    ...says someone with a Stitch avatar
    - Milo

• Disney Prince

You people should really learn to lighten up. It's only temporary and you can't really deny the fact that it's all Stitch's fault that there a people who wouldn't normally enjoy disney who now love it. Stitch is Disney's last popular character, it's just like how Pooh was not so long ago. at least they are not turning the castle into a giant pink cake. and it's not like 23 is a major anniversary number.

• Banned User

At TDL, every anniversary is major in a minor way.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Yeah I wasn't a fan of WDW's toilet papering and I'm not liking hte sound of the grafitti. The issue is not what they are teaching kids blah blah (great blame Disney now for grafitti...never the parents ) but the fact that the castle is a classy symbol of the parks, it just shows no respect for it to deface it for Stitch.
    Not that a Stitch parade sounds that great either.

• Disney Prince

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Yeah I wasn't a fan of WDW's toilet papering and I'm not liking hte sound of the grafitti. The issue is not what they are teaching kids blah blah (great blame Disney now for grafitti...never the parents ) but the fact that the castle is a classy symbol of the parks, it just shows no respect for it to deface it for Stitch.
    too much class can alienate a lot of people, a castle overlay no matter how gaudy will always draw people in reminding them something big and new is happening.

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by milo_vhw
    ...says someone with a Stitch avatar
    LOL you got that! I must learn to use more smilies.
    Stitcharielsinbad, you have a point about the birthday cake castle. That was pretty bad.
    Last edited by Fantasmico!; 04-05-2006 at 04:14 PM.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    The issue is not what they are teaching kids blah blah (great blame Disney now for grafitti...never the parents ) but the fact that the castle is a classy symbol of the parks, it just shows no respect for it to deface it for Stitch.
    I definitely can't blame Disney for the kids who do this in their neighborhoods, but I can definitely point fingers at Disney management (in the US, Paris or Tokyo alike) because they choose to do this to the park's icon.

Well... let's not place the coach ahead of the horses here... TDL has had a long history of many great and truly enjoyable special event parades and shows and I will give "Find Stitch!" the benefit of the doubt until I get to see it... hopefully on 4/15th weather permitting. While the idea of graffitti painted floats does give me pause, many other things can make or break this parade and show mode... the music (cd to be released mid april as well), the Hawaii overlay, the costuming, CMs attributes and enthusiasm... to name a few. Lastly, opinions may vary since in the end, some people will love it or hate it. I will approach this as I always do. With a certain level of expectation, and if my expectations are exceeded in some way or another.. I will be content.

....and Fantasmico!, I don't care to use smileys too much. They are there for people who need to be understood. But I only use them for "fun" effect.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I definitely can't blame Disney for the kids who do this in their neighborhoods, but I can definitely point fingers at Disney management (in the US, Paris or Tokyo alike) because they choose to do this to the park's icon.
    It's not Stonehenge, it's the Disney castle. It exists to promote Disney.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    It's not Stonehenge, it's the Disney castle. It exists to promote Disney.
    Exactly! Not Stitch!!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Uh, Stitch is one of Disney's offerings as a business, just as much as Cinderella is.

I'm just trying to put some gravity on the situation here. We're talking about a 20-some year old deocrative Disney castle, not painting polka dots on the cathedral of notre dame.

• Merry 2014!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    ....and Fantasmico!, I don't care to use smileys too much. They are there for people who need to be understood. But I only use them for "fun" effect.
    Hmmmm. interesting.
    I still don't think that defacing the castle is a good idea. Even if it is Stitch. Isn't the castle part of Ohana? I mean I would TP ohana, but not graffiti them. I guess we will see when you put up some photos TDLFAN.
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Uh, Stitch is one of Disney's offerings as a business, just as much as Cinderella is.

I'm just trying to put some gravity on the situation here. We're talking about a 20-some year old deocrative Disney castle, not painting polka dots on the cathedral of notre dame.
    Screw Notre Dame, I'll go for painting polka dots on it!

No I think there is an acceptable amount of promoting, but Disney just seems to go over the top. For Tokyo to grafitti it...well I think I come back to the classiness. Stitch has the right to be there, yes, but there is a level of respect some of these icons need to be shown. Anniversary overlays are fine, but toilet papering and Grafitti are never signs of respect.

too much class can alienate a lot of people, a castle overlay no matter how gaudy will always draw people in reminding them something big and new is happening.
    Um...well consider me rude if you will but if the regular Disney Castle is too classy for someone, then they should just go to Six Flags and not make the lines longer with thier presenece.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast