Hotels? PS in TDL?

Flights were booked this morning so it's definately on for September! I'm not staying at a Disney hotel, even compared to the price of hotels in Japan overall, the Disney hotels are expensive. Anyway, we will take care of that through something like Asiarooms.com when the time comes - anybody have any recommendations. We want to get as good a deal as possible.

Our next Disney question is about PS's. We would like to eat in the Blue Bayou since my husband proposed to me in the Anaheim BB, and we are thinking of doing a character meal at some stage. Does TDL have PS? How far in advance should you make them? Does anybody know the number?

Six months to go - I can't wait!
    Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
    May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
    September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
    June 2003 DL
    Dec 2002 WDW
    April 2002 DLP
    Dec 2001 DL
    Nov 2000 WDW
    Oct 2000 DL
    Oct 1997 WDW
    April 1994 DL

• Banned User

Re: Hotels? PS in TDL?

September is concidered regular or peak (weekend) season travel period which is probably why Disney hotel rates are a bit high. September will also see the official opening of TOT at TDS, and the wildly popular 'Disney's Halloween' event at TDL so expect major crowds. There are several other options in regards to hotels around TDR... Partner Hotels, Good Neighbor Hotels and Official Hotels, but they could be a bit pricier as well during high season. Also depends how much you are willing to spend. When I go there on vacation, I usually stay at a very small "hole in the wall" japanese business hotel call Universe Hotel in Kayabasho. Very small rooms but only 20 mins away from TDR and one stop away from Tokyo Station. Still, they charge approx US $85 per night.

Have you checked the official TDR Page?? Scroll down for other options concidered Official Hotels, Partner Hotels and Good neighbor Hotels under currently under agreement with TDR.

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...tel/index.html

As for preferred seating... Guests making hotel reservations at TDR hotels (Miracosta & Ambassador) and Official Hotels (Sheraton Tokyo Bay, Hilton Tokyo Bay...etc etc) ONLY through the Tokyo Disney Resort Reservations Center may make dining reservations up to ONEmonth in advance for restaurants that use the Priority Seating system in the Parks and the Disney Hotels. With Priority Seating, guests receive a window of time to go to the restaurant so that they may be seated with a minimal wait. There are only a very small number of character breakfast at this time... most notably is the one at Queen of Hearts Banquet Hall in Fantasyland. You must call the reservation number to reserve priority seating...at 045-683-3333 between the hours of 9am till 9pm Japan standard time. Also, as far as I know...Priority Seating IS available to guests NOT staying in the TDR Hotels as far as I know. Some restaurants at the parks only take reservation onthe day of your visit if you are not a resort hotel guest, eg- Pecos Goofy dinner show, or Mickey's Hawaiian Luau dinner show. More info here, read carefully:

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...rk_reserv.html

Also,Disney Hotel Restaurant Information can be obtained calling 047-305-2666
    (Service is available from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and may only be available in japanese...can't tell you for sure... sorry.This number is available for NON-hotel Guests or Guests ****who have made reservations through a travel agency to make Priority Seating bookings for restaurants at Disney Ambassador Hotel and Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta.**** That's the kicker part of it...
    See this link:

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...nfo/index.html

Sorry I can't help further.. as this is all I know. I usually do not do priority seating or character meal deals... so my knowledge is a bit limited in those areas. But hope that helps you for now...
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 04-06-2006 at 08:53 PM.

Re: Hotels? PS in TDL?

Thanks TDLFAN that info is a big help. Thanks also for the name of the business hotel you use. We don't really care what the hotel offers or rooms sizes, as long as we can sleep and shower there.
    Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
    May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
    September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
    June 2003 DL
    Dec 2002 WDW
    April 2002 DLP
    Dec 2001 DL
    Nov 2000 WDW
    Oct 2000 DL
    Oct 1997 WDW