Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 48
  1. #1

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

    Last week, I noticed something interesting that I have never seen before at TDR or any other Disney Resort before.... FPs with a 2-hr return time window as opposed to the customary 1hr window. I do not know if this is a permanent or temporary change due to the fact that TDR was forced to close fr 8 days in a row due to extreme attendance and crowd conditions.... But wonder if any of the other parks will also adopt this change to FP....


  2. #2

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: 2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

    Interesting...but I don't really want to see that happen at WDW...imagine how screwed up it could get unless they keep shutting FP off at certain attractions (HM and Philharmagic )

  3. #3

    • ...
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Ventura County, CA
    Posts
    966

    Re: 2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

    They look so... so... exotic. Does anyone know if they're enforcing the two hour window or letting things slide for the rest of the day like DL?






  4. #4

    • Shubisha
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Posts
    3,955

    Re: 2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

    didn't they stop letting things slide at DL? at rides like space and indy anyways they've stopped doing that when i'm there heh

  5. #5

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: 2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

    Quote Originally Posted by fastpassmountain
    They look so... so... exotic. Does anyone know if they're enforcing the two hour window or letting things slide for the rest of the day like DL?
    Doubtful. The CMs at TDR *never* let anything slide. They are very proffesional and military-like the way they handle the park's rules and regulations.

  6. #6

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: 2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

    That's good. Letting guests in with expired Fastpasses only delays the standy line.

  7. #7

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    227

    Re: 2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Doubtful. The CMs at TDR *never* let anything slide. They are very proffesional and military-like the way they handle the park's rules and regulations.
    But you're assuming that the real rule is the same as is printed on the FP. I could easily see the official rule being that they don't enforce the end of the return time.

    Also, when I was there last month, I noticed that the return window was only the usual 1 hour. I wonder what was up with the 2-hour thing?

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    207

    Re: 2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

    The two-hour rule is still being tested at the both parks. One hour return times are still the norm. There have also been different return times offered, like 55-minutes.

  9. #9

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: 2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

    55 min? Does that cut off of 5 min make a difference?

  10. #10

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: 2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

    Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLurker
    The two-hour rule is still being tested at the both parks. One hour return times are still the norm. There have also been different return times offered, like 55-minutes.
    That is correct. I got me a Hunny Hunt FP on tuesday with a window of 8:25pm-8:55pm, and keep in mind the park closed at 10pm.

  11. #11

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: 2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    That is correct. I got me a Hunny Hunt FP on tuesday with a window of 8:25pm-8:55pm, and keep in mind the park closed at 10pm.
    A 30 minute return time?! When did you get the Fastpass? Maybe it was because the park was relatively uncrowded...

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    207

    Re: 2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

    No, the short return time might be due to the fact that the Dreamlights parade ends about 8:15pm in that area of the park. Since many guests will try to get on the attraction during that time, FP's are limited.

  13. #13

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: 2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

    Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    A 30 minute return time?! When did you get the Fastpass? Maybe it was because the park was relatively uncrowded...
    No. That is because the ride will stop and close at 10pm sharp. That means they will close the line at about 9pm so they can filter everyone in line (stand by and FP) thru the ride before 10pm. This is not your average WDW operation here... Most CMs do need to be out of the park by a certain time so they can catch their trains home that evening. Everything at TDR shuts down at closing time, unlike the other parks where shops and some restaurants stay open past closing time. Reason why you will never see such WDW perks as "Extra Magic Hours" offered past 10pm at TDR, ever.

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    171

    Re: 2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    No. That is because the ride will stop and close at 10pm sharp. That means they will close the line at about 9pm so they can filter everyone in line (stand by and FP) thru the ride before 10pm. This is not your average WDW operation here... Most CMs do need to be out of the park by a certain time so they can catch their trains home that evening. Everything at TDR shuts down at closing time, unlike the other parks where shops and some restaurants stay open past closing time. Reason why you will never see such WDW perks as "Extra Magic Hours" offered past 10pm at TDR, ever.
    So it's not like the US parks where you only have to be in line when the park closes? They really start turning people away an HOUR before park closes? Seems a bit harsh, but I guess it's best to know it advance.
    Next trip September 2013

    Past trips:
    May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
    September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

    Dec 2005 DL
    June 2003 DL
    Dec 2002 WDW
    April 2002 DLP
    Dec 2001 DL
    Nov 2000 WDW
    Oct 2000 DL
    Oct 1997 WDW
    April 1994 DL

  15. #15

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    207

    Re: 2-hr Fastpass Window at TDR

    It depends on the wait time for the queue. If the sign reads a one hour wait, then they will close the entrance for other guests one hour before. If it says 30min, then they close it half an hour before park closes.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. I Need Help Getting A Decal Onto Car Window...
    By MsSarah in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-13-2008, 05:42 PM
  2. EPCOT Fastpass Question - When to get Sorin' Fastpass
    By Doopey1 in forum Orlando Travel Planning
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-09-2007, 05:35 AM
  3. What would your window be?
    By techskip in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-07-2007, 03:29 PM
  4. Fastpass & VIP Fastpass Confusion
    By GUYNYC in forum Disneyland Paris
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 03:46 AM
  5. What's the Story Behind This Window?
    By Wotan in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-23-2005, 11:17 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •