• Vehicle rotating backward

Something's missing from this picture...

Someone posted a link to a DL/WDW gallery merchandising page and I found a picture of a cel they were promoting last month called "around the world."

And suddently, in my head chimes Goofy's voice saying, "Hmmm, somethin' wrong here!"

Can anyone guess what's missing from this picture? I seem to detect a lack of a certain mountain. Appearantly they don't have any problem recognizing TDL (the two Cinderella Castles threw me off until I noticed one was wearing the garbage overlay) acknowledging that TDS exists is too much. Or maybe it's not officially earned it's stripes as a park yet.

The sad thing is this is a 2000-piece limited edition collectable so you know they'll charge far more for what it's worth. And at least 30% of the audience willing to buy such a thing will notice it.

Re: Something's missing from this picture...

If this is supposed to picture all of the main disney theme parks, animal kingdom is missing--- not sure about what mountain you may be referring to though.
    You are splashing in the stream
    of an unremembered dream,
    you are searching through the eye
    of a seeker in the sky

AK is represented by the signs behind Mickey's head.

TDSea is not represented at all. You'd think a fire-spewing volcano would look good on that wall.

Disney Studios isn't there either. What is that parks icon anyway? I am talking about the studio park in Paris btw.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Look at Mickey's suitcase. The TDS logo and Cinderella Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by DBFan
    Disney Studios isn't there either. What is that parks icon anyway?
    Walt Disney directing people to the exits.

• Disney Prince

isn't TDS trying to be buried in secrecy by WDC? It doesn't surprise me at all that they don't want to, in any way promote the park as it will arise questions like "why don't we have something like that?" and it's really insulting that in all the promotional materials that picture parks around the world, they always devote a huge space to showcase the embarassment of a park called Disney's California Adventure. It's just plain ugly and they always showcase it a lot, meanwhile, all Tokyo DisneySea gets are always really really small pictures or just the logo.

• Look Right, Pick Up Phone

Actually, in terms of THIS picture, I think they showcased one of the best done parts of DCA. I think casual Disney-goers would be VERY upset to discover the potential of Disney when a company is willing to throw enough money into it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I really don't care for this piece at all. And
    I'm being kind with that remark. This is one
    of THE UGLIEST cels they have EVER done.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist_of_Fate
    Actually, in terms of THIS picture, I think they showcased one of the best done parts of DCA. I think casual Disney-goers would be VERY upset to discover the potential of Disney when a company is willing to throw enough money into it.
    Hmmm.. I don't know if there's a lot of rides that USA Disneygoers would really excited about. Journey and 20K, absolutely. Sinbad, not very likely. Raging Spirits looks pretty bad next to Everest. TOT is the gimped version, etc. There's only a few more rides that I'm interested in trying (I think Aquatopia is cute, but all the waters of Disneyland are too deep to put something like that.

TDS sacrifices a number of things on the altar of giving more money to show. Simply put, no park has EVER sunk as much money into show, and with the numbers turning out as they probably no park will again until that much money doesn't mean as much as it did thanks to inflation.

Keep in mind that MiceChat is a board full of people who enjoy talking water fountains and finding hidden Mickeys and just take in all the little details the Disney people put into their parks. However, your average visitor who enters the gate, practically ignores the decor and immediately wants to know where the signature E-rides are at, will not be jumping out of their shorts.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Hmmm.. I don't know if there's a lot of rides that USA Disneygoers would really excited about. Journey and 20K, absolutely. Sinbad, not very likely. Raging Spirits looks pretty bad next to Everest. TOT is the gimped version, etc. There's only a few more rides that I'm interested in trying (I think Aquatopia is cute, but all the waters of Disneyland are too deep to put something like that.
    That's only your opinion MickeyMania, which is rather odd since you have never been to TDS to be so convinced of what you are saying. Those of us who go there often, or have been there before, especially those from the USA... will probably beg to differ.

TDS sacrifices a number of things on the altar of giving more money to show. Simply put, no park has EVER sunk as much money into show, and with the numbers turning out as they probably no park will again until that much money doesn't mean as much as it did thanks to inflation.
    Again... this is just speculation on your part. You have got to remember... TDS is still making money. It is NOT a money losser as is the case with DLP. While OLC is not getting the return profits they had hoped for, the park is FAR from being a financial failure.

Keep in mind that MiceChat is a board full of people who enjoy talking water fountains and finding hidden Mickeys and just take in all the little details the Disney people put into their parks.
    Plenty of that in TDS to cover five parks in theming.

However, your average visitor who enters the gate, practically ignores the decor and immediately wants to know where the signature E-rides are at, will not be jumping out of their shorts.
    Probably the only thing you have said I agree with... Lucky for OLC, I think the japanese do appreciate a higher level of show, and unlucky for WDC... so do I.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

There are only 9 parks represented, they probably went for what are the most known parks to Americans. No conspiracy...