Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Exclamation Happy 23rd anniversary TDL!!!

Hi all,
    quick report from TDL on it's 23rd anniversary day!!
    It was a very chilly (continues to be cold due to winds) morning here in Tokyo and the crowds decended upon TDL for it's 23rd anniversary!

At 7:30pm, the lines were almost down to the TDR Line station at all 32 entry stations. This being the 23 anniversary and official debut of "Find Stitch" event, they gave out a souvenir fastener at the entrance. Very cool!

Anyways... the park has been decorated in graffiti motif, which I confess.. was not looking forward to at all... However, after seeing the final result and the colorful, if somewhat whimsical, approach to the graffiti theme... I have to admit.. I LIKE IT!! Plenty oh "damage" caused by Stitch and many hidden Mickeys to be found, not to mention hidden Stitches as well...

The Flower Mickey face infront of the park is gone. Now replaced by Stitch's face. The decor extends pass World bazaar into the Hub and spreads to parts of the park. While the castle itself is not at it's best, currently undergoing renovations and partially covered by scaffolding... the rest of the hub looks great, especially the hawaiian photo spot which includes real pineapple plants!!!

Anyways.. the main show. Stitch's parade called something like "Huli Huli fest....something!" have to check that one out, is a FUN FUN FUN show. One of TDL's best and most colorful event parades in years in my humble opinion. The collection of characters used here and the fun music, some from the Lilo & Stitch soundtrack and some original I suppose, are fun fun fun!!! The crowd was into it clapping along. Mickey and Minnie were there albeit in the background, with some of Disney's most colorful characters represented.. 3 caballeros, Turk, just to name a few.. and many new characters from the Stitch tv show. Best of all.... NO Marie anywhere.

I wish I had time to tell you more but I am on my way to HKDL tonight and then will be back to TDS Monday for "Eterno" aka Porto Paradiso Nightime version. I will have picstures from today's anniversary day crowd and this most engaging Stitch event!

Till then... ALOHA!

• Minion

Re: Happy 23rd anniversary TDL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Hi all,
    It was a very chilly (continues to be cold due to winds) morning here in Tokyo and the crowds decended upon TDL for it's 23rd anniversary!

At 7:30pm, the lines were almost down to the TDR Line station at all 32 entry stations. This being the 23 anniversary and official debut of "Find Stitch" event, they gave out a souvenir fastener at the entrance. Very cool!

Anyways... the park has been decorated in graffiti motif, which I confess.. was not looking forward to at all... However, after seeing the final result and the colorful, if somewhat whimsical, approach to the graffiti theme... I have to admit.. I LIKE IT!! Plenty oh "damage" caused by Stitch and many hidden Mickeys to be found, not to mention hidden Stitches as well...

The Flower Mickey face infront of the park is gone. Now replaced by Stitch's face. The decor extends pass World bazaar into the Hub and spreads to parts of the park. While the castle itself is not at it's best, currently undergoing renovations and partially covered by scaffolding... the rest of the hub looks great, especially the hawaiian photo spot which includes real pineapple plants!!!

Anyways.. the main show. Stitch's parade called something like "Huli Huli fest....something!" have to check that one out, is a FUN FUN FUN show. One of TDL's best and most colorful event parades in years in my humble opinion. The collection of characters used here and the fun music, some from the Lilo & Stitch soundtrack and some original I suppose, are fun fun fun!!! The crowd was into it clapping along. Mickey and Minnie were there albeit in the background, with some of Disney's most colorful characters represented.. 3 caballeros, Turk, just to name a few.. and many new characters from the Stitch tv show. Best of all.... NO Marie anywhere.

I wish I had time to tell you more but I am on my way to HKDL tonight and then will be back to TDS Monday for "Eterno" aka Porto Paradiso Nightime version. I will have picstures from today's anniversary day crowd and this most engaging Stitch event!

Till then... ALOHA!

Okay...see u at HKDL....

• Disney Prince

Hi all,

Till then... ALOHA!
    welcome to Stitch Kingdom...

see? if done right, Stitchification ain't so bad.

• Banned User

As you said it... "If done right.." The graffitti turned out to be quite fun to look at since it looks more like a pictures done by a small child with crayons. Also.... at NO time during the event does Stitch spits on guests, farts, steals chili dogs or make puking noises, with are some of the things that I have issues with Stitch's personifications in the USA. Thank God for that.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

<- Struck by envy.

• Merry 2014!

I am sooooo glad that the graffitti turned out so well. All that worrying for nothing. Can't wait for the pics!
    Sig by Poisonedapples!

• Disney Prince

As you said it... "If done right.." The graffitti turned out to be quite fun to look at since it looks more like a pictures done by a small child with crayons. Also.... at NO time during the event does Stitch spits on guests, farts, steals chili dogs or make puking noises, with are some of the things that I have issues with Stitch's personifications in the USA. Thank God for that.
    you seem to have issues with everything they do stateside, I'm more surprised that you were actually worried about something that OLC would do.

• I need my Disney fix NOW!

Just popped by JoeInJpn's site and the decor is awesome!! The graffitti looks very "kawaii" (cute) from a Japanese point of view, and it looks like Stitch will be very popular with the Japanese audience, if he already isn't so.

I took that advice and I went to see the photos...well...

I agree, very cutesy, but I'm still not a fan. Like when DLP has the Pumpkin men paint Main Street...it just doesn't belong there. And American, French or Japanese I hate those plastic charecters they have in the hub...

...though the Stitch replacing the dwarf was cool, and I liked Stitch on the Tiki Birds sign (and the wall of scaffolding behind him).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by stitcharielsinbad
    you seem to have issues with everything they do stateside, I'm more surprised that you were actually worried about something that OLC would do.
    At this point in time I am more concerned about some maintenance issues I noticed at TDL on the 15th.... and I shall comment more on that later. Needless to say...I was not happy.

• Minion

At this point in time I am more concerned about some maintenance issues I noticed at TDL on the 15th.... and I shall comment more on that later. Needless to say...I was not happy.
    What happened? why u were not happy? can u elaborate more on it?
    and what Maintenance issues??

• Vehicle rotating backward

issues I noticed at TDL on the 15th....
    (...)
    I was not happy.
    Holy mother of Walt!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Holy mother of Walt!
    I second that.

Holy mother of Walt!

• Banned User

At least be more original TLoolgb...

The issues that I was referring to dealt withsome sandy residue in the bottom of the water pond in the entrance into Tomorrowland, and some (WDW) MK-like dirty spots around sitting areas I have not seen before, albeit not to the same degree of decay I see at the MK, but still... OLC should be ashamed. I am also concerned by the very apparent and sudden cracking of their floors in several areas around the park. I know they have been having a few earthquake tremors and such, which does not bode the park well due to it being built on a landfill reclaimed from Tokyo bay... but these cracks need to be worked on and patched up asap. Seems to me...OLC needs to stop listening to WDC's preaching them how to save money and keep the standards of a Disney park up. At least they still passed my "Count the Custodial" test, and concidering there have been cutback in custodial CMs.. that is a relief for me.

Oh here we were *hoping* for something major hahahaha. Sandy residue.
    Lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast