Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Thumbs up Porto Paradiso ETERNO soars at TDS.

Hi all... just got back from my visit to TDS after watching the night time farewell version of Porto Paradiso Water Carnival, "Eterno".
    All I can say is WOW!!! this show plays so much better at night!! While the show is the same daytime version presented in the afternoon, "ETERNO" does feature a new ending with a newly written song and some minor differences, along with the great lighting and pyro, all of which added a whole new dimension to this water spectacular. The crowd was in particular great spirits and in the right celebratory mood for the show. The show will play at 8:45 nightly until May 5th when the show will be retired forever. catch it if you can... time is running out and then it will all be TDS history.
    Here are the pictures from my final viewing of 'Porto Paradiso Water Carnival Eterno!'
    Due to the expansive nature of this show,plus the dark conditions of the harbor.. some pics turned out a bit blurry and dark, so I apologize for that. Hope you enjoy.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/
    j/AlbumIndex?u=4334673&a=32156152&f=0

Sad Re: Porto Paradiso ETERNO soars at TDS.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Hi all... just got back from my visit to TDS after watching the night time farewell version of Porto Paradiso Water Carnival, "Eterno".
    All I can say is WOW!!! this show plays so much better at night!! While the show is the same daytime version presented in the afternoon, "ETERNO" does feature a new ending with a newly written song and some minor differences, along with the great lighting and pyro, all of which added a whole new dimension to this water spectacular. The crowd was in particular great spirits and in the right celebratory mood for the show. The show will play at 8:45 nightly until May 5th when the show will be retired forever. catch it if you can... time is running out and then it will all be TDS history.
    Here are the pictures from my final viewing of 'Porto Paradiso Water Carnival Eterno!'
    Due to the expansive nature of this show,plus the dark conditions of the harbor.. some pics turned out a bit blurry and dark, so I apologize for that. Hope you enjoy.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/
    j/AlbumIndex?u=4334673&a=32156152&f=0
    Maybe OLC could sell it to DCA, which desperatly needs something going on in its lagoon. If the infastructure had been build when the park opened this might actually have been a possibility.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Porto Paradiso ETERNO soars at TDS.

So should they have done it nighttime all along?

•   

Thanks for the pics. it looks like a really cool and unique show.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Tom319
    Maybe OLC could sell it to DCA, which desperatly needs something going on in its lagoon. If the infastructure had been build when the park opened this might actually have been a possibility.
    NO. I would not want that. You know why?... Because these types of shows and events at TDL/TDS are *huge* with a *huge* amount of cast performers, *huge* amount of characters, *huge* amount of work, and exceptional production values. They bring them to the other Disney parks and they could not possible do it the "TDR Way". Witness "Cinderellabration"... how a gloriously lavish and excellent nighttime show and garden light display got reduced to a mere kiddy stage show at WDW, or how the thrills of TDL Fantillusion Parade got reduced to half a show at DLP. Only EPCOT came close to reproducing TDL's "It's Magical" with it's "Splashtacular" show in Future World which after mere months into its run, had to be canceled due to the extensive nature of it's production and their lack of vision in regards to producing such a lavish show in a daily basis. This from the horse's mouth. I got connections you know...
    As for Porto Paradiso... it does have a cast of about 125 performers in brilliantly expensive costumes on the water and around the lagoon on land., with boats that constantly move about as props, and other jetski type water craft on the water, flying kites and the like... In order to make this show fit at DCA, it would have to be reduced a good 50% and totally eliminate the boats from the show... as I can't see how they could place such props in that lagoon and make them disappear just as quickly after the show... Logistically speaking... I can't even imagine that happening at DCA. However, Party Bash is a little example of the much bigger parades done at TDL in the same style of production values and cast intensive participation.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Splashtacular is from TDL? No wonder it looked so silly and awkward where it was (those costumes!!)

I'm not really moved by this one, it seems like a really elaborate way to show off the fuzz. Is there some sort of story that I missed?

• Banned User

Splashtacular was at EPCOT. At TDL, the show was called "It's Magical: 10th anniversary spectacular" The show at EPCOT took some liberties... like that alien moster and woman who crashed the show. The TDL version was a space fantasy featuring the Disney characters in a magical setting like sorcerer Mickey appearing on stage while suspended from a see thru box above the stage, and Maleficent turning into a huge dragon on stage similar to the Fantasmic finale. The costuming, while silly at EPCOT, made sense at TDL because they were representing caterpillars who turned into butterflies at the end. The whole EPCOT production was a bit ill conceived and adapted. Also, "It's Magical" being one of TDL's most popular at the time, someone felt it was necesary to retool it and bring it to EPCOT, which at the time, was beyond me.

• Sea Creature

I love that web of spotlights they use for BraviSEAmo. It just makes your mouth gap. Cool to see that they used if for this as well. The biggest problem with this show would be that when the wind is slightly there, they cut the kites. That takes a lot away from the show, but anyway, this does look excellent. I would love to see it. What exactly is different about the ending?

• Banned User

If you saw the pics and read the captions... you'd know what the new ending is like... Hmm... The ending features a brand new song in japanese, All of the characters join Mickey on his stage boat, colorful confetti streamers fly around over the audience in certain areas of the walkways around the Lagoon, performers can be seen waving colorful flags that read "Eterno!" from the top of Fortress Explorations, Miracosta chapel and from the top area of the Transit Steamer dock. Not to mention colorful streamers coming out of the character boats as they leave the stage areas.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Splashtacular was at EPCOT.
    That's what I meant to say in my (rather incomplete) post. It looks weird at EPCOT. I kept going back to look at the funky costumes on that old Disney Channel show I have sitting around.

The show at EPCOT took some liberties... like that alien moster and woman who crashed the show.
    That was part of the weirdness, the other weirdness was things like dancers wearing chrome ear-shaped "armor" and the Disco Mickey instead of the Sorcerer Mickey you mentioned.

Maleficent turning into a huge dragon on stage similar to the Fantasmic finale.
    I guess that explains why OLC will never make that show.

Also, "It's Magical" being one of TDL's most popular at the time, someone felt it was necesary to retool it and bring it to EPCOT, which at the time, was beyond me.
    What the...

• Banned User

Just for you MickeyMania... TDL's "It's Magical" (1993).
    Dancers open show and Sorcerer Mickey magiacally appears in Box.

Dancers and character appear for the "Colors" sequence.

Maleficent appears and steals colors. Mickey dispatches Mouse Army.

Maleficent turns to dragon and threatens Minnie. Mickey fights Dragon.

Mickey defeats dragon. Colors return to life, and Happy ending...Wishes come true...

....And there you have it. Straight from my vault.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Nice photos but oh man...1993? Wow that sure screams 80s.

Thank you for the pictures, TDLFAN. And thank you for using nice, BIG pictures. You know how much I request big ol' TDR shots.

I still don't know what to make of the guys dressed like robots, and people playing ear-shaped CLOUDS but the last shot makes me think "Mickey and His Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat," and that dragon is actually a pretty decent compared to what I expected.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Both shows you posted photos of look incredibly impressive. Boy how I wish they'd give us something that worthwhile here. I pass up every show that comes my way at Disneyland because I've never been impressed by any of them. The only show I've thoroughly enjoyed from start to finish is Remember... Dreams Come True. But despite it's greatness, its still just fireworks set to some great music in the sky.

I'd like to see a full-out SHOW like the ones youve posted pictures of that would make me want to stake out a spot hours in advance and watch!

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    I'd like to see a full-out SHOW like the ones youve posted pictures of that would make me want to stake out a spot hours in advance and watch!
    Hmmm... interesting. Did you know that my favorite TDL stage show of all times also played faithfully at DL the way it did at TDL, but only in english??? The original 'One Man's Dream' which premiered for TDL's 5th anniversary and was a DL show briefly at the old Videopolis stage, until that Dick Tracy show replaced it..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast