Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: TDL's 23rd Anniversary day/Find Stitch! in photos

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    YES! That is great. I love how OLC wanted to add another cart too...and the fans said part of the fun was the line for these.
    TDLFan...are they any good?
    OLC did add another cart a couple of years ago. It was located near Aquatopia. It usually had a shorter line than the original cart. Once lines in that second cart became long, they built a sit-down restaurant next to the Nautilus.

• Banned User

Yes. The cart next to Aquatopia no longer sells gyoza buns, but some seafood snack similar to the gyoza bun but in the shape of a round lifesaver. Pretty cool. And that one I found tastier than the bun.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    NONSENSE. No one squirms in the line and everyone waits it's turn patiently and efficiently, unlike westerners. You saying that being in a line like that would drive you nuts is laughable and silly to be honest here. (Me! me! me! factor here)
    I didn't say the line bothers me. I got in line for Indy DL when it opened after all, and that one went through several lands. I said the CROWD bothered me. There's some fairly large gaps of empty space there, but everyone is all close to each other, and I like my space bubble.

what you don't know is that, unlike DL's.. once you are inside that building, there is an expansive switchback line to the left, and on this day, the crowds were so huge that the queue's 2nd level indoors was opened for use as well!!! All in all... the wait for the ride was a mere 40 mins due to the UNavailability of FP here. Otherwise, the stand by line would have been 3hrs.
    DL's POTC doesn't have FP either. Matt got rid of it some months back and people noticed that the queue moves noticeably faster. Good info, though.

One more question, if I may: It seems like all these obscenely long lines are for slow/dark rides, like Pooh and IASW and Buzz. What's the line for something like Big Thunder or Space like? If a slow ride like Buzz has a line going out to the hub, Space's must take up a good 10% of the parking lot!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Where did you heard this?? I have never EVER heard of the japanese wanting to be in line for the fun of it!!!
    Travel Channel, one of those WDI Sells thier parks episodes. They were talking about the cart and one Imagineer was very happily discussing how they wanted to add another cart but it became a part of a TDS visit...wait in the line. This was back in 2002.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    I didn't say the line bothers me. I got in line for Indy DL when it opened after all, and that one went through several lands. I said the CROWD bothered me. There's some fairly large gaps of empty space there, but everyone is all close to each other, and I like my space bubble.
    That's an optic illusion on the picture. Japanese appreciate their space. Only in trains during rush hour do I feel like sardines in a can. At TDR, I have never felt compressed in a crowd and have never been pushed from behind while in line for an attraction. For that, go to DLP where guests not only push themselves against you but also cut in line mercilessly.

One more question, if I may: It seems like all these obscenely long lines are for slow/dark rides, like Pooh and IASW and Buzz. What's the line for something like Big Thunder or Space like? If a slow ride like Buzz has a line going out to the hub, Space's must take up a good 10% of the parking lot!
    Here are photos from Space and BTM... I do not have photos of the mob in front of Space but you can see the waittime for stand by in minutes. The big mob you see on the 2nd photo are people getting FP, then you see what its like in line. Pay attention to the last photo where you can see the end of the line from atop the BTM station... and remember, the swtichback indoors is 300% bigger than that of WDW's...

Quote Originally Posted by tloolg
    Travel Channel, one of those WDI Sells thier parks episodes.
    NEVER believe those specials on the travel channel. Half the stuff they said on the TDS special were questionable crap based on assumptions by westerners. That was one of their worst specials they ever did on a Disney park. Very quetionable arguments I saw there.

• Banned User

Anyways... go here:

http://www.toms-net.com/DeepDisney/

..and scroll down to see what the castle looks like this week with it's graffiti wall almost all the way up. That is a japanese fan site and he/she has great photo updates as well.

Ooh, videos, too. Thanks for the link!

Wow, they're really giving the castle the full treatment. I don't think I've ever seen either of the Cindy's completely boarded up like that, just DL's. What's gonna happen? Is this just preventive maintenance or will there be a new look like the DL rehab?

And my gosh, remind me if I try to do TDL to steer away from the usual collection of rides and go on the unique, one-of-a-kind things like Pooh. The sad thing about the Big Thunder MonsterLine is that FP is making it move even slower.
    Last edited by MickeyMania; 04-25-2006 at 09:47 AM.

..and scroll down to see what the castle looks like this week with it's graffiti wall almost all the way up. .
    Oh. My. God.

Oh. My. God.

hahahaha, that's what I thought too, but maybe once it's all up, I'll kind of like it in a weird sort of way.

Heck, I think I'll try and make a sig in the spirit of it.

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    And my gosh, remind me if I try to do TDL to steer away from the usual collection of rides and go on the unique, one-of-a-kind things like Pooh. The sad thing about the Big Thunder MonsterLine is that FP is making it move even slower.
    From what I've gathered (TDLFAN, Please Correct Me if I'm Wrong... I'll help with my plans to visit soon), My advice is to go in the period from the middle of Janurary to the end of Feburary (I went Mid Janurary 2005) - even if it is the middle of winter, the lines are quite more manageable than the and for the most part it's value season at the Ambassador/Miracosta.

As for that castle... OMG. It's nice to see they didn't just cover it, but they could have designed something slightly quiter as to not draw attention to the under-renovation castle. I'm guessing this is preventative matenience, as it looks like the castle hasn't seen a single scafold since 1983.

According to Joe's site, the last time was in 1992:
    http://jtcent.com/nempa/2006/04/cind...der-wraps.html

That is amazing...maybe DL's castle wasn't as bad because the thing is so short...but in 185 feet of height those "burkas" (as [Link to unauthorized site removed] named them) are horrible.

But I guess it has to be done.

I'd like to see what it looked like in 1992...my curiosity is peaked now.

That is amazing...maybe DL's castle wasn't as bad because the thing is so short...but in 185 feet of height those "burkas" (as [Link to unauthorized site removed] named them) are horrible.

But I guess it has to be done.

I'd like to see what it looked like in 1992...my curiosity is peaked now.
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24422

TDLFan's pics from 93, the castle looked really good

Quote Originally Posted by Tom319
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24422

TDLFan's pics from 93, the castle looked really good
    Lol thanks, but I was thinking the ones of it under wraps for rehab...

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLurker
    According to Joe's site, the last time was in 1992:
    http://jtcent.com/nempa/2006/04/cind...der-wraps.html
    That is correct. This is the second time I have seen the castle at TDL totally boarded up. The first time was in 92. TDL was hosting the special event called "World's Fair" in honor of EuroDisney's opening. World's Fair event had a "4disney Resort Salute" stage show, but because of the castle being boarded up, the stage was build over the garden where Partners statue now sits. I DO have a picture of a very young TDLFAN stading in front of the boarded up castle in 1992... But I am affraid to show it to you... I still had hair (and a figure) then...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast