Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Stuck in China and Need TDR Advice

OK Posting this up from the Sheraton in Guilin China.
    After a whirlwind 3 week trip in mainland China and a 1 night stay at HKDLR we found we have a 5 hour layover at Narita next week. After much begging United gave us a 24 hr layover and now we get to go to TDR!!! We have a room in Mira Costa and a short list of attractions to see, Arrive at 1:00 Thursday and Leave at 3:00pm next day.
    We are big Disney fans AP at DL and go to WDW every 5 yrs, also been to DLP once.

Questions:
    Time is of the Essence,
    1.Cab or Bus from Narita? If there is not much price or we can gain some park time I'll take a cab. Opinion?

2. SHOWS- I dont want to miss the Fantasmic of the east when I'm stuck in a kiddie show. Your opinion please.

3. PARKS - I'm mainly intersested in TDS but I've gotta ride Honey Hunt, and see MM revue, suggestions on how to work this?

Thanks in advance for all your help, I promise a detailed trip report as well from this lurker.

Shey Shey
    Jeff in Orange County
    ""I think that you're nuts to build a park next to Disneyland that's half the size and charge the same amount of money."" Marty Sklar

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Stuck in China and Need TDR Advice

My only response: you are lucky. I hate you because of it. Not really. I just wish I got that lucky.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff In Orange County
    1.Cab or Bus from Narita? If there is not much price or we can gain some park time I'll take a cab. Opinion?

2. SHOWS- I dont want to miss the Fantasmic of the east when I'm stuck in a kiddie show. Your opinion please.

3. PARKS - I'm mainly intersested in TDS but I've gotta ride Honey Hunt, and see MM revue, suggestions on how to work this?
    1. Call the Mira Costa and ask them if they have a shuttle bus. I took a shuttle that took me directly to the resort but can't remember which one. I found out about it from my hotel.

2. Hey, TDL Fan, where are you on this one??? But, in general, TDS has the better night time entertainment.

3. Since you only have one day, go to TDS. With the exception of the amazing Pooh ride, I wasn't impressed with TDL. But TDS blew me away. It is different from anything else you've ever seen. Don't miss it.

Did you like HKDL?

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Sea Creature

OK Posting this up from the Sheraton in Guilin China.
    After a whirlwind 3 week trip in mainland China and a 1 night stay at HKDLR we found we have a 5 hour layover at Narita next week. After much begging United gave us a 24 hr layover and now we get to go to TDR!!! We have a room in Mira Costa and a short list of attractions to see, Arrive at 1:00 Thursday and Leave at 3:00pm next day.
    We are big Disney fans AP at DL and go to WDW every 5 yrs, also been to DLP once.

Questions:
    Time is of the Essence,

Thanks in advance for all your help, I promise a detailed trip report as well from this lurker.

Shey Shey
    Jeff in Orange County
    1. There are airport shuttle buses to the resort, very convenient.
    2. This depends on which park you are going to. TDL has the electric parade right now and TDS has Porto Paradiso Water Carnival Eterno! AND BraviSEAmo! I think TDS is the pick in that department for now. Those are nighttimes. TDL has Disney's Dreams on Parade and the Lilo and Stitch event as well, but I think you will like TDS's shows better.
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.com/tdr...t20060516.html
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.com/tdr...t20060506.html
    There's the complete, current schedules.
    3. Gah! There's no one day park hopper! Sorry, choose TDS, that's what I'd do.
    Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 05-05-2006 at 06:03 PM.

• Banned User

I already posted this on another site and am pasting it here for Jeff again...

>>1.Cab or Bus from Narita? If there is not much price or we can gain some park time I'll take a cab. Opinion?<<

DO NOT take a taxi. It will cost you way over a US$100 for a 40 minute ride (or much more if you hit traffic enroute to TDR). Take the Airport Limousine Bus to TDR... it's cheaper and you travel in confort. However keep in mind... it take aprox. 45 mins to arrive at TDR in good traffic conditions and I believe the bus will drop you off at the Miracosta.

>>2. SHOWS- I dont want to miss the Fantasmic of the east when I'm stuck in a kiddie show. Your opinion please.<<

There is no Fantasmic! show at TDR anywhere. TDL features the Electrical Parade Dreamlights (an updated MSEP) and TDS has "BraviSEAmo!" which is a lagoon show of waters and fire and have not been received well among american fans expecting another Fantasmic! So be cautious about what to choose here since you hardly have time for anything as it is. Also, not sure what you mean by "kiddy show". There are no such shows at TDS, and even those involving the characters are well done and are equally enjoyed by adults. The only Kiddy show I can think of it's at TDL...that "Super Duper Time" show at Plaza Gardens stage. It plays in the daytime only.

>>3. PARKS - I'm mainly intersested in TDS but I've gotta ride Honey Hunt, and see MM revue, suggestions on how to work this?<<

Hmmm... Are you arriving at TDR at 1pm or NRT Airport at 1pm?? Because as I said... it tales about 2 hrs to get off your flight, collect luggage and arrive at TDR with some luck. But anyways... I would check to see if the "After 3pm passport" is available for TDS and do TDS on the afternoon and evening you arrive. Or else, make a decision to buy the 2-day passport if available on the day of your visit..and do TDS the first night, then get up early the next morning and go to TDL before it opens. Once inside the park...*race* to Hunny Hunt and get in the stand by line.. but *YOU HAVE TO* get there early before the park opens and wait in line to enter the park, then enjoy whatever you can of TDL before it's time to head out to NRT Airport.

Refer to this site for information on the Narita Airport Limousine Bus schedule and prices.

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/
    e/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by tloogb
    I just wish I got that lucky.
    get a girlfriend, or boyfriend... if applicable.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan
    TDS has Porto Paradiso Water Carnival Eterno! AND BraviSEAmo!
    Word of caution here... "BraviSEAmo!" plays early and "Porto Paradiso Eterno" plays at 8:45pm I believe...and it ends (retires forever) on May 7th. Be advised TDS will proabbly be MOBBED with a million Disney fans that evening trying to catch Porto Paradiso one last time before it becomes a distant memory. Be mindful of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    I wasn't impressed with TDL
    Hurt me!!! How could you Dusty.. how could you..

If u dont wanna take a Bus or Taxi or whatever, Couldn't u just take a Train, thats what my Family always done, unless we had a rental Car.

• Banned User

Taking a train is the cheapest way to go but time consuming, and concidering Jeff does not have enough time to enjoy his visit to TDR, it would be advisable to do the Limosine Bus. Taxi is the fastest way to go but also a very very expensive alternative. It's bad enough the roundtrip on the bus will be about US$45, much less a 1-way taxi fare of over $100.

But as a benefit to those taking a train... there are two ways... the pricier but less time consuming JR Narita Express train from Narita Airport to Tokyo station, then connect to Keiyo line from Tokyo to Maihama station, and check in for the Miracosta at the TDR Welcome center, where guests can leave bags to be delivered to their rooms and go on to enjoy the parks from there.

The other, less pricey way but nearly 2 hour travel time alternative is to take the Keisei Limited Express train from Narita Airport to Funabashi Station, then walk 4 mins to the JR train Funabashi station. Take the Sobu (or yellow) train one stop down to Nishi-Funabashi. At Nishi-Funabashi... go to the 3rd level platform #11 and get on the Musashino Line bound for Tokyo, and arrive at TDR's Maihama station 14 mins later. Keep in mind... you will be going up and down stairs several times during tranfers, so if you have bags in your possesion, especially big and heavy ones... you will be quite tired!

• Vehicle rotating backward

Limosine Bus for sure. Do you really want to be crammed for nearly 2 hours into a train with a bunch of strangers?

If being pressed up against 20 Japanese guys, half of which are smokers, sounds like a good time to you then by all means take the train.

^lmao, man i hated that evrytime i went to Japan, i was Like.... I CANT BREATH.

• Banned User

Smoking and even cellphone talking is strictly prohibited in trains in Japan, and they respect the rules, more so than Americans. But if you do not like being around cigarette smoke, skip DLP and Europe altogether. They will smoke everywhere... indoors, outdoors, in lines and everywhere in between. Simply disgusting. Japan's smoggy air is safer than Europe's constant assault of cigarette smoke as far as I know.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN

get a girlfriend, or boyfriend... if applicable.
    Yeah I don't see how shes helping me get to Tokyo though...

• Banned User

Put her to work on your behalf...

• Established 2005

Smoking might be prohibited, but drinking is not! How I miss grabbing a Chu-Hi from the Sunkus or Lawson's and drinking myself silly on the way into Tokyo. Aaaah. . .the good old days. Now back on topic. . .

lol -You guys are great.
    In Hong Kong and heading to HKDL mini park today.
    Narita tomorrow. (travel Agent is trying to get us 1 more day in Japan, woke me up at 4:00 am here -ouch!)

I'll keep u posted.
    And Profuse thanks to all

Jeff

PS girlfriend is Ok - wife is better - 22 yrs of experience!
    ""I think that you're nuts to build a park next to Disneyland that's half the size and charge the same amount of money."" Marty Sklar

• Minion FOREVER!

. . .

Shey Shey
    Jeff in Orange County
    Took me two readings to get this...

"Xie Xie" I believe is the more correct romanization. :-)

Hope that you had/have a great time in TDR!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast