Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Exclamation New TDR dvds coming soon!!

FYI...
    Two new Tokyo Disney Resort DVDs will go on sale in Japan on June 16th, 2006.
    While all the info I got on these releases is in japanese and not sure what the dvd programs will include...all I can say is that both dvds can be purchased separately for Y2,940 or in a 2-dvd boxed set for Y5,250. One of the dvd's (blue cover) will be 45 mins long, while the gold cover one will contain 98 mins of programming.

Here is the blue cover dvd...

http://images-jp.amazon.com/im
    ages/P/B000EZ8300.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

And the gold...

ages/P/B000EZ830A.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Or the boxed set...

ages/P/B000EZ830K.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

As an added treat, I also found this dvd on sale in Japan soon...

ages/P/B000CS461O.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I know I will be spending some money on dvds soon...

• Banned User

Re: New TDR dvds coming soon!!

Other TDR dvds available for purchase are "Musical Tour of TDL", "Sayonara Fantillusion!" and "TDS". They can be purchased separatedly or in the boxed set shown here:
    ages/P/B0009W5MPM.09.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

• Vehicle rotating backward

Great, where do I enter my credit card?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I'm assuming these are ride & park tours?

• Banned User

You can shop on Amazon.co.jp in English:
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...874755-3257044

Here is the precise link to the box set:
    http://www.amazon.co.jp/exec/obidos/...=AN1VRQENFRJN5
    It takes a little patience and guess work to do this, but there are places to click where it says "Translate this page into English"--try to find those and it'll be easier.
    Last edited by The Goddess Mara; 05-15-2006 at 05:13 PM. Reason: Added additional link.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    I'm assuming these are ride & park tours?
    It says "Official Guide" on the cover, so that's probably a good guess. Will they be selling them at the parks?

Are they region 2 or can we play them on our DVD players?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

/\ Good question.

• Main Street Maniac

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody
    Japan shares the same code of Europe (2). United States and Canada are 1.
    Visit my blog at

2008: Disneyland (15 years after the 1st visit!)
    2007: World of Disney New York City
    2006 Disneyland Resort Paris
    1992: Euro Disney Resort
    2005: Tokyo Disney Resort
    1998-2005: Disneyland Paris
    1997: Walt Disney World
    1993: Disneyland

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Peabody
    They are NTSC Region 2 and meant for the japanese market. You can't play it on US region 1 dvd players, unless you have a region free dvd. As for European markets... sometimes they play and sometimes they don't Some regions in Europe are region 2 but PAL, therefore it is my understanding these NTSC region 2 dvd won't play. Some other euro regions are SECAM or even region 3 as well.. and are uncompatible with japanese dvds. Some dvds I have purchased in Europe and Hong Kong do NOT play in my region 2 or region 1 dvd players at home. The DLP dvd for example, plays in my region 2 but not in my region 1 dvd player, even though it's marked as "region free" on the cover. Go figure that one out.

Thanks Queenie, for the translation.

• Banned User

I should have noted this, of course: unless you have a region free DVD player, or can play all regions of DVDs in your computer (there are various programs you can download for this), you won't be able to watch them.
    Region free DVD players are cheap (as low as $40) and there's really no reason not to buy one. Lots of great DVDs are available around the world that are worth watching are not available in region 1 or region 0.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    They are NTSC Region 2 and meant for the japanese market. You can't play it on US region 1 dvd players, unless you have a region free dvd. As for European markets... sometimes they play and sometimes they don't Some regions in Europe are region 2 but PAL, therefore it is my understanding these NTSC region 2 dvd won't play. Some other euro regions are SECAM or even region 3 as well.. and are uncompatible with japanese dvds. Some dvds I have purchased in Europe and Hong Kong do NOT play in my region 2 or region 1 dvd players at home. The DLP dvd for example, plays in my region 2 but not in my region 1 dvd player, even though it's marked as "region free" on the cover. Go figure that one out.
    I bought the DLP dvd too not realizing there would be a problem since it stated that it was multi regional. I forgot about there would still be the NTSC and PAL difference which is actually a compatibility issue with the TV and not the DVD player. Needless to say I was disappointed untill i found out it played in my laptop's DVD player without any problems.

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Great find.

However, one can only hope they are a bit more substantial than California's park DVDs. The recent 50th Anniversary offering - which I reviewed at some stage here - was billed as 50 minutes, but that was a far from the reality. It also offered very little beyond fluff. For the price of these sets (which is relatively inexpensive: 4,095.00 JPY or $36 US), you'd hope for something more substantial than "There is just so much to see and do in TDL".

Either that, or we'll have 2 hours of programming without subtitles. Just a bit of a risk without more details.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Loomis
    Great find.

However, one can only hope they are a bit more substantial than California's park DVDs. The recent 50th Anniversary offering - which I reviewed at some stage here - was billed as 50 minutes, but that was a far from the reality. It also offered very little beyond fluff. For the price of these sets (which is relatively inexpensive: 4,095.00 JPY or $36 US), you'd hope for something more substantial than "There is just so much to see and do in TDL".

Either that, or we'll have 2 hours of programming without subtitles. Just a bit of a risk without more details.
    I have never been disapppointed with the TDR dvd programs as they strive to show you happenings, events, and stuff "AS IS" as opposed to WDW or DLR's video dvds which are meant as long form promos, and use extensive marketing foottage. The recent Fantillusion dvd, Porto Paradiso, and the 20th anniversary dvds from TDR made for great mememtos of the park. I sure hope these new videos live up to that expectation, based on previous releases' quality.

• Banned User

I agree with TDLFAN, the recent DVDs from The Tokyo Disney Resort have been really good. Yes, there is quite a bit of footage with the characters (costumed performers as the fab 5) talking in Japanese, however this is well balanced by the content of footage from actual events and parades at the park. There is not much footage of the rides on recent DVDs (unless I just can find that icon in the main menu since I neither speak nor read Japanese).
    I can also recommend some of the fan-shot videos of the Tokyo Disney Resort that are sold on eBay. They actually show you a lot more of the rides and attractions (full ride throughs on many of them).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast