Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

Malaysia Disneyland???

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: Malaysia Disneyland???

Sigh..I hope to God if it goes through it wouldn't be yet another Magic Kingdom.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Why not?
    This isn't Disney pushing for a new park. This is a government talking to OLC to try to get them on board to go talk to Disney. This is WDI getting more free reign...OLC getting another park to manage and a government coughing up the money.

However even if OLC said yes, and Disney said yes, Malaysia is probably the biggest deterent right now. 5 years ago when Hong Kong beat out Kuala Lampur for the fifth resort, Kuala Lmapur was doing well. Now Malaysia is in a recession economically. That is going to hurt how much the government says it will cough up and how much they can cough up.
    On top of that, the current PM of Malaysia seems to be getting himself in trouble every couple of months for some new anti-semitic statement. Just isn't the kind of group you want to get invloved with as Disney.

But the most telling thing is name some cities in Malaysia. Kuala Lampur is all most people can name if they are lucky. Now they want to put this resort in some farmland not near Kuala Lampur. They seem to be thinking a Disney resort anywhere is a cash cow. Disneyland Resort Paris shows it is not. So being far away from the only city many people know will deter the average tourist...and not having that millions in population base right next door will hurt it too.

It could turn out to be a deal for Disney...but right now I think the government has a few flaws that are going to make OLC and Disney say no.

• Sea Creature

I just hope if it does happen, it's not a mini-park like Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    Sigh..I hope to God if it goes through it wouldn't be yet another Magic Kingdom.
    I agree but can you imagine anyone wanting to visit anything else? This just seems crazy to me. Shanghai Disneyland seems crazy to me too. So I guess I'm clueless anyway.
    "Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." --Carl Sagan

All I can say (with no disrepect to Maylasia) is if I had to choose between Hong Kong Disneyland or Maylasia Disneyland, I sure as hell am not going to pick Maylasia over Hong Kong and I'm sure not many other North American tourists would either, except for the die hard Disney fans. There are other (better) locations in the world that would benefit from a Magic Kingdom.

I don't understand it? Why go off and build a new park that may not be a success. I mean there are many parks that need some help MK, DCA, WDS, etc. It seems strange why would they saturate the tourist market in Asia with more parks. Yeah I realize there are a lot of people, but not all are going to go.

• Banned User

The answer to that question lies in the fact that most of those plans are initiated by other entities besides Disney. TDR would have never been a reality if it wasn't because OLC came to Disney to suggest a partnership. Look at the other investors in the EuroDis...aster deal, or even the Goverment's involvement in the HKDL resort. As long as there is someone willing to pay for the cost... Disney will be more than happy to study the possibilities. They do not care about oversaturation...or else, they would have put breaks on several WDW projects and the HKDL altogether. ...Just an opinion.

i think singapore should get one...we seriously lack a world class themepark.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Singapore's social laws are still a bit frightening for many tourists though.
    I think a park, no matter how much of a local base it has, needs to be somewhere that people won't question. A place where most people would say "I'd go there as a tourist".
    However Singapore and Taipei are certainly moving into spots to be great areas for parks. But I think they still have some time to go.

• Minion FOREVER!

Before people start talking about how WDC is brain dead or how they should do things at HKDL about this, we all should stop and realize that this is the governments talking about asking "OLC to ask WDC" about building a park.

Even I could talk about building a MK in my back yard, (and even release a
    press statement), but that doesn't mean that one really will be built. (As much
    as I would want one :-).

We've all heard: Seoul, Shanghai, Beijing, Melbourne, Mumbai (India)... And I'm sure
    that we'll hear more.

BTW. TDLFAN, what part of Bravi-sea-mo is that avatar from? Looks pretty elaborate...

•   
    • Minion

This story has been refuted officially by Disney...

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27254
    Check out my other blog:

• love my friends

I just heard this..

I had heard last year though it was going to be put somewhere in india

Friends for life

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    This story has been refuted officially by Disney...

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27254
    It'd be interesting to see if there was any sort of tourism jump after a city or country announced "talks" with Disney. It just seems to be the thing to do these days.

• Minion FOREVER!

Thanks for the quick post, cellarhound!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast