Tokyo Disneyland plastic building blocks

I have a flavor, can anyone pick me up a Tokyo Disneyland plastic building blocks set? I will pay for them. It is a birthday present.

• Banned User

Re: Tokyo Disneyland plastic building blocks

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey joe
    I have a flavor
    I thought you were going to ask for Vanilla.

• Banned User

A seller on eBay named TokyoDisney sells them all the time. The boxes are not small and it will cost a lot to ship them over.

• Banned User

Furthermore... merchandise at TDR does not last long on the shelves. Once supplies are gone, you won't find them restocked again. One of the unique aspects of TDR merchandise is the constant and ever changing variety they sell. At this point in time, I would be shocked if any of those TDL block sets are left.

• Banned User

TDLFAN is correct about some merchandise (particularly the holiday and season items, since they are all dated).
    But I've seen plenty of merchandise that's been available for four or five consecutive years.
    For example, there's the enormous play set which is composed of six different smaller land sets and each featuring a ride and a moving vehicle, which has been carried at the main toy store in World Bazaar for at least three years in a row.
    Ditto for many other items, like the Pirates of the Caribbean cannon and toy ship that are filled with chocolates and, or cookes--they've had these for years.
    Also in the Clock shop on Main Street--the Haunted Mansion figurine and Space Mountain Figurines, both with two watches inside--these have been available for three years at least.
    The stuff that vanishes within months is the Halloween and Christmas stuff.

• Banned User

Monkey Joe...
    Here are pictures of the TDL Building block merchandise... As you can see, they come in several boxes, each about 12" X 6" in rectangular size or bigger... and there are several of them.. This is the reason why it would be very difficult for someone to do this as a favor to you unless you are willing to put up mucho dinero for shipping from Japan. You can also see a picture of the complete set as displayed in a case at Bon Voyage Store.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Those are amazingly cool looking.

• Banned User

I can tell you how much it will cost to ship a full set back to the US: $140 to $200.

I always carry a large empty suitcase to fill and always end up sending one or two boxes back as well. Each box (and they are not huge) costs between $100 and $140 to ship to the US by EMS, which is courier service. You really don't have any other choice in shipping (there is no regular airmail service available for shipments outside Japan to hotel guests).

Either toy set (the lego-block style set or the large multi-component play set shown in the display case in its full layout) is too big to fit in a suitcase. You might be able to carry on the the big play set (with all the combined sets inside--it's the very large blue box on the center shelf in TDL_FAN's lower photo and it costs about $185). Otherwise your only option is to ship.

I got very lucky about four months ago--someone in the US was selling the large set on eBay. I won it for $165--which is about the same price as in Japan and the shipping in the US was not much. There is a seller on eBay who is offering it right now for $239, but the shipping is going to add even more to the price.

But, if you want a great toy from Tokyo Disneyland this is it! (And the monorail is great, too).

• Banned User

AS for the monorail toys.. when the TDR LIne opened 5 yrs ago, they sold their monorail version similar to the ones sold at WDW and DLR. I passed up buying it thinking it would be available for the long haul. Needless to say..they sold out quickly and never came back on stock. The ones they sell now are not exactly like WDW's/DLR's in design and compatibility.

• Banned User

I'd love to find one of those earlier monorails--it's so difficult to find that sort of stuff here in the U.S. Someone had a Western River Railroad train set that was sold when Tokyo Disneyland opened in 1983 and it went on eBay for over $500!