Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Anybody stayed in a Partner Hotel?

I'm curious about the baggage delivery service. It seems that it will be easier for us to catch a shuttle bus from the airport straight to Disneyland and then the train one stop over to our hotel....or the shuttle bus if it's operating by then. We can't catch a shuttle bus to our hotel until three hours after our flight lands and are reluctant to catch the train from the airport in peak-hour. Anyway, on the TDL website it mentions that there is a baggage delivery service available to partner hotels. Has anybody used this? I figure it would be easier than trying to lug our suitcases around the station.
    Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
    May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
    September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
    June 2003 DL
    Dec 2002 WDW
    April 2002 DLP
    Dec 2001 DL
    Nov 2000 WDW
    Oct 2000 DL
    Oct 1997 WDW
    April 1994 DL

Re: Anybody stayed in a Partner Hotel?

I forgot to mention, we need to go to the hotel first, as we bought a package through the hotel that includes our park tickets, which we need to pick up from the hotel. If it weren't for this, we would happily store our bags and go straight to the parks.
    Next trip September 2013

Past trips:

Dec 2005 DL
    June 2003 DL
    Dec 2002 WDW
    April 2002 DLP
    Dec 2001 DL
    Nov 2000 WDW
    Oct 2000 DL
    Oct 1997 WDW
    April 1994 DL

What day/time does your flight arrive? hotel are you staying at?

Take the shuttle to Disneyland, wait in the same area for the hotel shuttle and take it to your hotel. Leave your bags, get your tickets and use the train to return to Disneyland. It does seem like backtracking but I figure you'll make it to the park before the direct-to-hotel shuttle gets you there.

Oh yes, this assumes you're staying at the Emion, Oriental or Brighton since they are near the train station.

Best bet though, take the train.

• Banned User

You might check out what the cost of a taxi would be. It would cost about $150 to take a cab to Tokyo from the airport, but it might be a lot less to your hotel. I would contact your hotel and ask.

I always take a bus: there is a "limousine" bus company desk located against the wall just before you exit the terminal. Can't recall the name, but their sign has an orange background. I always buy a ticket to Tokyo Disneyland (and specify which hotel). It costs me $24 to get there. The bus stops at two partner hotels on the way: they are very close to the resort. The bus leaves every 45 minutes to an hour. You might also ask your hotel about the airport limousine bus rather than the hotel's shuttle.

I know that, after a 14-hour flight, it's difficult to be patient and wait, but there are places to sit and fun (unusual) things to eat and drink.

Assuming that we're talking about one of the partner hotels near Urayasu Station (Emion, Oriental or Brighton) one option would be to take the airport limousine bus ("Friendly Limousine Bus") to the park or one of the nearby hotel then take a taxi to your actual hotel. I recently took a taxi from the MiraCosta to the Brighton and it was only $12 or so. If that saves you an hour's wait and eliminates having to take your luggage on the train, that may be a good option.

• Banned User

SuperDry and I are actually talking about the same thing.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Mellywil
    I'm curious about the baggage delivery service. It seems that it will be easier for us to catch a shuttle bus from the airport straight to Disneyland and then the train one stop over to our hotel....or the shuttle bus if it's operating by then. We can't catch a shuttle bus to our hotel until three hours after our flight lands and are reluctant to catch the train from the airport in peak-hour. Anyway, on the TDL website it mentions that there is a baggage delivery service available to partner hotels. Has anybody used this? I figure it would be easier than trying to lug our suitcases around the station.
    Mellywil, it would help me help you if you told me what hotel you will be staying... that way I can offer suggestions and tips. But as far as I know, the baggage delivery service is only available to those guests who are staying at the Miracosta, Ambassador, Sheraton Grande, Hilton Tokyo Bay, Dai ichi, Sunroute, Nikko and the Okura Hotels. Those are the **Partner Hotels** at TDR. All other hotels...such as the Emion Hotel, etc etc... are "Good Neighbor" Hotels and do not qualify for baggage delivery service. Also... this is not something to be confused with "Disney's Magical Express" service at WDW.... It's not the same type of service where you can send your baggage from the airport to the hotels by TDR.

Furthermore.... baggage delivery is ONLY AVAILABLE from the Tokyo Disney Resort Information Center. That is the building located next door to the Maihama Station and Ikspiari AT TDR. The lower level of that Information Center is a check in area for the Partner Hotels and TDR Hotels *ONLY* (and NOT for the "Good Neighbor Hotels"), and it is there where you will check in for your hotels, check your luggage, and from where your luggage will be delivered to your Partner Hotel. Let me know if you are still confused about this.

As for transportation from Narita or Haneda Airports to TDR.... do yourself a favor and take the "Airport Limousine Bus" to TDL's main entrance, and from there, you can take the shuttle busses to the various hotels around TDR or take a taxi; or if you are staying at one of the Partner Hotels...then just walk a minute to the TDR Information Center and check in at the lower level and drop off your luggage....then you are free to start enjoying your visit to TDR.

• Banned User

Personally, I would take the airport limousine bus directly to my "partner" hotel, check in, and buy park tickets there (there's never a line at the Hilton Tokyo Bay when I've bought park and monorail tickets there). You won't actually be able to get into your room until later in the day, but at least you will have checked in at the front desk of your hotel, left your baggage there, and bought park tickets.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    Personally, I would take the airport limousine bus directly to my "partner" hotel, check in, and buy park tickets there.
    I too would do that as well... but Melly didn't say if she was staying in a Partner Hotel. And I think she is not.

Melly said that the limousine bus would be an extra 3-hour wait after arrival. Most likely they arrive at Narita in late morning (11am?). The first available limousine bus for the hotels is at 1:40pm with arrival around 3:00pm. The bus for the parks and official hotels leaves at 2:10pm with arrival around 3:30pm. Therefore, the earilest they can be in the parks using this method is 4:00pm.

• Banned User

Then... if the bus is a problem... try option #2:

Take the JR Narita Express from Narita Airport to Tokyo Station (50 mins), and then transfer to the Keiyo Line at Tokyo Station, to Maihama Station/TDR (16 mins). The walk thru Tokyo Station with luggage can be a bit trying but it's better than sitting at Narita Airport for 3 hours waiting for a bus. Total travel time should be no more than 1 hour 20 mins.

• Banned User

DisneyLurker, how do you know the bus schedules? Is it available online?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    DisneyLurker, how do you know the bus schedules? Is it available online?
    Here it is..

http://www.limousinebus.co.jp/e/time...x_n/tdr_h.html

• Banned User

Excellent! Many thanks.

To clarify, I am staying at the Shin-Urayasu Oriental hotel which is a PARTNER hotel, not to be confused with one of the 'OFFICIAL' hotels (Hilton, Sheraton Grande etc).

Thank you for the advice, the taxi sounds perfect for what we need. Our flight arrives at 6:30am and the first shuttle to the partner hotels doesn't operate until 9:30 or so - I can't remember the exact time, but it's around then. We will probably catch the limousine bus service to TDL and then a taxi from there to our hotel.

Thanks again for your help
    Next trip September 2013

Past trips:

Dec 2005 DL
    June 2003 DL
    Dec 2002 WDW
    April 2002 DLP
    Dec 2001 DL
    Nov 2000 WDW
    Oct 2000 DL