Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Cinderella Castle's New Look

Beautiful. That is how a Castle should look, not like that monster thing currently at WDW. Yuck.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic
    can someone post before and after shots (side by side)of TDL's castle.... I have seen TDL's castle before but since it used to look so similar to WDW's right now I can't recall the differences. especially since WDW's is cluttered up with all that 50th junk
    BEFORE:

AFTER:

Your the best TDLFAN!!! Hopefully WDW's will get the same treatment after since they are fixing up the suite inside, the outside should match.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Yuck! I don't like how the turrets up front are a different color than the ones in back, nor how the lighter ones almost look like they have some kind of mildew on them with the light brown.

Still, better than what happened to DL's castle. Just taking the gewgaws and ornaments off that castle won't help the fact that it's freakishly pink in a way that only looks appropriate at DLP.

• Having a Grand Day!

DLP Pink is better than Gray.

• Main Street Maniac

I like very mucht the new version: they managed to give the castle a new color scheme while keeping the nice fairy tale out-of-time stainless feel. I am happy though I visited TDL last summer so I could enjoy the original color scheme: the picture of a white and blue castle unders a full blue sky has always been part of my disney background (as much as my EuroDisney panorama pictures) and, even though I worked for a year in WDW, I managed to see that castle for real only in TDL, because of the infamouse WDW 25th anniversary PINK castle makeover
    Visit my blog at

2008: Disneyland (15 years after the 1st visit!)
    2007: World of Disney New York City
    2006 Disneyland Resort Paris
    1992: Euro Disney Resort
    2005: Tokyo Disney Resort
    1998-2005: Disneyland Paris
    1997: Walt Disney World
    1993: Disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by drnilescrane
    DLP Pink is better than Gray.
    DLP Pink is better than Gray on DLP's Castle.

DL's castle is supposed to be whitish-gray with blue roofs. Not a Barbie home.

This picture post comes thanks to you by the Deep Disney TDR site which is updating like a madhouse recently. The picture posts I saw earlier today (on a rainy visit) are already reaplaced this evening with yet another visit.

With that out of the way:

Personally, I still think the bright blue roofs clash the darker spires and the brownish tint on the back makes it look too much like it rained and they need a big bottle of lysol to fight the scum growing in the crannies.
    Last edited by MickeyMania; 06-16-2006 at 09:42 PM.

• is satisfactual.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    the brownish tint on the back makes it look too much like it rained and they need a big bottle of lysol to fight the scum growing in the crannies.
    Well, that sort of describes the real castles of Europe, haha. No one uses Lysol on Versailles. Trust me, the grubbier, the more authentically European it will look.

(For what it's worth, I like what they've done. It elevates the thing to a whole new level, akin to the Old Europe finishes seen in DisneySea and the Fantasylands of DL and DLP. The only thing I have trouble with is all the gold paint, which is 1. slightly gaudy and 2. oddly matte next to all the real gold leaf that was already in place).
    Last edited by pussnboots; 06-17-2006 at 03:15 AM.

• Banned User

FYI... Hey guys.. If you are posting pics from other sites, such as DeepDisney... please aks those moderators for permission to use their photos. Due to the continued use of photos and videos from japanese sites without permission, it's the reason why some sites (such as Chipand daleshouse.com) now are able to block some people from accessing theiur sites. It's only common courtesy and I know I would prefer that as well if you were using my pictures for other sites and projects. Thanks.

BTW... I should be back at TDL this tuesday... (Anyone wants to come along?) and I will have an updated pictorial of the castle by thursday. If all goes well. The scaffolding should be totally removed by now.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    BTW... I should be back at TDL this tuesday... (Anyone wants to come along?)

I am available on Tuesday!!
    Last edited by Disney Magic; 06-18-2006 at 07:16 PM.

Most of the visible scaffolding has been taken down already. The two towers are still covered in Stitch paint.

• Banned User

BTW... I should be back at TDL this Tuesday... (Anyone wants to come along?) and I will have an updated pictorial of the castle by Thursday. If all goes well. The scaffolding should be totally removed by now.
    Yes.. but Iím a broke college kid.... wait I still got speech on wed.. Oh well...

I still think that Dark brick work doesn't look right... especually with the entrance to the castle with its new color... (and as said.. Dark brick with Dark blue dont look right as well..)

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

(Anyone wants to come along?)
    Yes.

Well no pink, but the photos give it a pinkish tint. Actually, seeing it before & after, I like the new lighter blue even better.

FYI... Hey guys.. If you are posting pics from other sites, such as DeepDisney... please aks those moderators for permission to use their photos. Due to the continued use of photos and videos from japanese sites without permission, it's the reason why some sites (such as Chipand daleshouse.com) now are able to block some people from accessing theiur sites. It's only common courtesy and I know I would prefer that as well if you were using my pictures for other sites and projects. Thanks.
    I never leech someone's bandwith, I've always linked to his site or given him credit when I post his pictures (on free image hosting, not his nickel. I've only done this once and it was above)

Otherwise, if you don't want something redistributed on the Internet, don't post it there.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast