Thread: Disney hotels

Disney hotels

I was wondering what are the rates in US dollars for the Disney hotels? I am not very good at Yen at the most. I went to the offical site for the hotels and got confused. help please.

• Oh... it's a bobby pin.

Smile Re: Disney hotels

Hey there.

According to http://www.xe.com/ucc/ ... a converter site, 1 US dollar = 115.4 Japanese Yen.

So a hotel room for one night at the Grand Californian (the nicest Resort Hotel) during regular season (now) costs about $365 (Disneyland.com) US or 42,136.55 Yen. That converter is REALLY helpful!

Smile Re: Disney hotels

Ohhh... do you mean Tokyo Disney hotels? That converter still works for that.

So a basic room at the Disney Ambassador Hotel goes for 34,000 Yen a night or $294.44 Us dollars a night!

Re: Disney hotels

$294.44 a night. Ouch. How does TDLFan do it? It gotta cost around $4,000 for a trip to Japan, to visit the Tokyo Disneyland Resort. : (
    I can fly cheaper to Disney World for well under this amount and stay at a better hotel.

Yeah, Japan is EXPENSIVE! My husband's aunt/uncle live there (military) and we've been wanting to goo see them but we totally can't afford it! Disneyland Paris perhaps?

There are quite a few discount hotels within a 30min train ride that cost less than $100 per room/night.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet
    Ohhh... do you mean Tokyo Disney hotels? That converter still works for that.

So a basic room at the Disney Ambassador Hotel goes for 34,000 Yen a night or $294.44 Us dollars a night!
    Only? One night at the Hilton Tokyo Bay hotel during peak periods is $800, so shouldn't the Ambassador Hotel be upwards of that?

How about Palm & Fountain Terrace Hotel?

http://www.palmandfountainterracehot...ish/index.html

There are no Mickey & his pals but It's an OLC's official hotel.

And its accomodation fee is reasonable due to the location. A little bit far from TDR but it's in Urayasu area (Urayasu is next to Maihama).
    You need to take a shuttle to get to TDR.

If you make no bones about making reservation thru a totaly Japanese site (http://www.ikyu.com/main/rmlist.asp?...35f6bb0da<span),
    This site offers some discount packages from about $100 per night for 4 ppl room at that hotel. Though the offer ends by july 14th.

And I've never been there, FYI

• Banned User

Stay at the Hilton Tokyo Bay for under $200 a night most of the time. Beautiful hotel just steps from the monrail.
    Easy to book online at their website (which is in English).

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    Stay at the Hilton Tokyo Bay for under $200 a night most of the time. Beautiful hotel just steps from the monrail.
    Easy to book online at their website (which is in English).
    Same goes for the Sheraton Bay Tokyo Grande... which I prefer over the Hilton.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMoose
    $294.44 a night. Ouch. How does TDLFan do it? It gotta cost around $4,000 for a trip to Japan, to visit the Tokyo Disneyland Resort. : (
    I can fly cheaper to Disney World for well under this amount and stay at a better hotel.
    How do I do it? I am a filthy rich Billionaire and have my own private lear jet. And... with some serious shopping around, you can get a round trip air fare to Japan from some areas of the US for as little as $850. Save even more by skipping the higher end brand name hotels and staying in cheaper but decent business hotels within 30 mins from TDR...and they usually cost about $100 a night or even less you are traveling alone.
    As for flying cheaper to WDW... well DUH! WDW is the trailer park destination on Earth! Low cost airlines (Southworst, GetBlue, AirTrash to name a few) rule the Orlando market. And just curiosity... when you say.. "stay at a better hotel"... you mean off WDW property, right? because there is NOT one single hotel on WDW that I can honestly concider "better" than those TDR Hotels... in service and amenities. Don't get fooled by WDW's varied hotel themes... since they tend to be their main selling point. But at TDR... you get the service you'd expect *and* classy themeing... No oversized Woody doll anywhere next to your building.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Missviolet
    Yeah, Japan is EXPENSIVE! My husband's aunt/uncle live there (military) and we've been wanting to goo see them but we totally can't afford it! Disneyland Paris perhaps?
    Japan is pricey but doesn't have to be EXPENSIVE as you put it. Eat at places where the locals eat and stay at the lesser known hotels and Japan can be quite affordable. As for Disneyland Paris.... CAREFUL!!! The dollar is quite weak against the Euro denomination, therefore a "cheap" european vacation can cost you a lot of money. Why do you think the silly british bypass DLP to come to WDW and overstay their welcome in FL by weeks at a time???

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    No oversized Woody doll anywhere next to your building.
    Hahaha tempted to make a "big woody in the hotel" joke.

• Banned User

Having stayed at the Miracosta and found it to not be worth the money (minimum $350 a night), I have to say that I find the Beach Club, Grand Floridian, Animal Kingdom Lodge, and Wilderness Lodge at WDW, and the Grand Californian at Disneyland, to be very fine hotels. Fun and relaxing to stay at, clean and well maintained with good staff.

It's true that ALL the hotels at the Tokyo Disney Resort are even cleaner, and the staff is even nicer and certainly more efficient, however service workers in the United States are never going to be the equal of those in Japan--that's the nature of the culture. To expect otherwise is unrealistic.

The Hilton Tokyo Bay is exceptional compared to most of the Hiltons in the US, which I try to avoid if possible.

TDLFAN, I believe the Sheraton is more expensive than the Hilton, isn't it?

• World Traveler

Regardless of cost, every Disney them park fan should visit TDR at least once.