Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: TDS' 5th Anniversary Official Site now online!!!

www.jtcent.com posted an entire video of the TDL version last year that made believers out of some who previously didn't think TDL's show was any better. Also... do you want an even bigger piece of TDL's cinderellabration on dvd?, then buy the 2 red and blue cover 20th anniversary celebration dvds from TDL. They can still be found on sale in Japan and at TDR. They will show you much more that the new dvds do. One thing about the "Super Story" dvd.. you get a very quick peek not only about Cinderellabration, but also from "It's Magical" (1993), "Viva Magic!" (1998), "Club Disney: Super Dancing Mania" (2000) as well. All three were *fabulous shows*.

• Sea Creature

http://www.jtcent.com/disneysea/spec.../5th_deco.html
    Now they have got the BIG update up. Parkwide decorations. Remember, this is just the 5th anniversary, but these decorations give Disneyland's 50th decorations a run for their money.

Way to many banners. It looks like WDW.

You don't like banners? You'll hate visiting TDR during celebrations. LOL!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMoose
    Way to many banners. It looks like WDW.
    I agree, but at least these are banner for a *real* celebration, as opposed to marketing-created promotions like "Happiest Celebration", "Magical gatherings" or "Million Dreams" crap.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    But they are pulling an "Eisner" and beginning the celebration ahead of time to capitalize on the summer crowds.

A stroke of genius no doubt..
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Actually there is a way, and many more. All of the attractions at TDS came from Glendale and Imagineering. All WDC has to do is being willing to spend the same amount on $$$ to duplicate their projects. But they are cheap and won't do it.
    From what I've heard, it isn't just a manner of money there is more to it. Everest was just as expensive and they still built it. The big buck TDS attractions don't deliver the "E" Ticket "wow" for their huge budgets. One reason there were some creative big head rolling incidents after TDS opened at WDI, was that DLI management felt that the "E" Rides came off as "D" rides and there was no excuse because they had the money to make them great. Just a nuance to the argument.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Disney Prince

I like the banners and all the cute decorations that really stay true to its own mythology.

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    From what I've heard, it isn't just a manner of money there is more to it. Everest was just as expensive and they still built it. The big buck TDS attractions don't deliver the "E" Ticket "wow" for their huge budgets. One reason there were some creative big head rolling incidents after TDS opened at WDI, was that DLI management felt that the "E" Rides came off as "D" rides and there was no excuse because they had the money to make them great. Just a nuance to the argument.
    leave it to TDLFan to dismiss everything the American parks do as something cheap.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Never heard that but that would be interesting to find out more about. Makes sense though...a park stops uberly performing after a year (it was supposed to kick *** for 10 years without additions) and management looks to designers to fault first, needed or not. Lol.

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by stitcharielsinbad
    I like the banners and all the cute decorations that really stay true to its own mythology.
    Yeah what's wrong with banners? I can see how you might think that but I think these are tastefully placed. Also, I don't care how cheesy it is, I like the notes from Ariel and Triton.

• Minion

Really? I'm pretty sure Indy and Journey deliver that "E" ticket wow.

• Vehicle rotating backward

So is this where they dress up the volcano as a giant cupcake?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    Really? I'm pretty sure Indy and Journey deliver that "E" ticket wow.
    It's funny, because I just had the opportunity to visit TDS for a day (which was AMAZING), but in my opinion the weakest aspect was the attractions. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful park, and all the attractions are also great, but for example, maybe just because I had read so much hype here about it, I was a little dissapointed in Journey to the Center of the Earth. It seemed like it was a little too short and it ended abruptly. Still a lot of fun though, it just didn't feel like quite as complete of an adventure as maybe some other E-Tickets. Indy was awesome though-it was fun to compare it to the California version. I'm not sure which other rides would be considered E-Tickets- Raging Spirits? Stormrider? 20,000 Leagues? None of these quite seemed to hit that mark, though I enjoyed all of them. I feel like if the ToT ride experience is long enough, it could go quite a long way towards helping the park.

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy
    It's funny, because I just had the opportunity to visit TDS for a day (which was AMAZING), but in my opinion the weakest aspect was the attractions. Don't get me wrong, it's a wonderful park, and all the attractions are also great, but for example, maybe just because I had read so much hype here about it, I was a little dissapointed in Journey to the Center of the Earth. It seemed like it was a little too short and it ended abruptly. Still a lot of fun though, it just didn't feel like quite as complete of an adventure as maybe some other E-Tickets. Indy was awesome though-it was fun to compare it to the California version. I'm not sure which other rides would be considered E-Tickets- Raging Spirits? Stormrider? 20,000 Leagues? None of these quite seemed to hit that mark, though I enjoyed all of them. I feel like if the ToT ride experience is long enough, it could go quite a long way towards helping the park.
    I see your reasoning. Raging Spirits, Stormrider and 20,000 Leagues are more like really good D's. TOT can hopefully help this out a little bit.

• Banned User

Exactly what is the ride-"WOW!" factor everyone is talking about??? Because, I have never experienced one single attraction at WDW or DLR (except for Indy which we too have at TDS) that has WOWed!!! me as others claim to be WOWed before.. I yet to be floored by any particular ride anywhere in the Disney universe. Honestly.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast