Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sea Creature

Aquatopia Wet Course

As part of the big 5th anniversary celebration going on at Tokyo DisneySea, the ride Aquatopia has added some new elements that now get you wet. I remember the ride would strangely stop in spots where there were whirpools, waterfalls, etc. Now there is a reason for you to stop. Looking at the ride, some people expected you would get wet before this update. This looks like a good idea. However, Japanese are a little bit more afraid to get wet than we are, but I doubt that should be a big problem, hopefully this will help the attraction. This looks like fun to me.

http://www.jtcent.com/disneysea/spec...c6/spxaqu.html
    Here's a great video of the changes. This is also great for those of you who have never been to TDS and are curious to see what this ride is like. It also features some amusing reactions to the spurts of water.
    Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 07-08-2006 at 12:49 PM.

• I <3 Clarinet.

Re: Aquatopia Wet Course

Very interesting link. I actually haven't seen Aquatopia in action before and it sure seems like a very fun time. I once read that the Japanese do not like getting wet especially at a theme park. From what I've seen...most people dress up pretty nicely, more like the way people came to Disneyland a couple of decades ago.

It does look like something fun for stateside audiences though!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

/\ They go for full body ponchos on some rides. Or they have splashdowns with covered boats. That is my kind of water ride!

• Sea Creature

http://www.jtcent.com/disneysea/spec...sc6/index.html
    This link shows all of the "summertime cool" events (Aquatopia is one of the three). There are some park wide spots that spray mist or water to cool you off.

Also there is "Chip and Dales Cool Service". This is really a one of a kind feature that I got to see last year. Chip and Dale go around the park on one of the transit steamer boats with huge jets of water spraying guests while singing and chanting with their squeaky voices that sound even squeakier in Japanese. You would think after reading certain things about Japanese hydro-phobia that they don't get you very wet....wrong! They get you absolutely drenched! When the boat finally gets to Mediterranean Harbor, there are swarms of people jumping up and down waiting to get wet. When they finally do get wet after chanting with Chip and Dale, about half of them run away. This is absolutely hilarious to watch especially from the Ponte Vecchio bridge. If you're dropping by this summer, be sure to catch it. Hopefully jtcent will get a video up.
    Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 07-12-2006 at 09:54 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I don't like getting overly wet on water rides but this looks quite fun.

• Sea Creature

Yeah, you won't get too wet on this, however if you don't like getting overly wet, stay away from Chip and Dale!

• Banned User

Looks like maybe thats what they wanted to do with the attraction... but knew the culture..

Can we have one at WDW? lol

• Theme Park Advocate

I like my Aquatopia dry. Sounds like a draink to me, "I'll take a Aquatopia dry, hold the olive."
    And I never want an Aquatopia on the Rocks.
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

Just for that I'm making up a drink called the Aquatopia!

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

that would be cool no doubt, I don't think Disney wants their electric cars getting wet along with the track... not sure, but that would be fun.

I love Aquatopia, and although this new wet course sounds fun, I do hope that it's only for Summer. It's no fun getting soaked in winter! :P I'd hate to miss Aquatopia.... I ride it over and over again (can't get enough trackless rides)

oh duh, somehow I missed all the 'summertime cool 2006' prefixes. :P

Those "cool spots" are just astonishingly themed for temporary spots. God DisneySea is perfect.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by kayoss
    I love Aquatopia, and although this new wet course sounds fun, I do hope that it's only for Summer. It's no fun getting soaked in winter! :P I'd hate to miss Aquatopia.... I ride it over and over again (can't get enough trackless rides)
    This is only for summer and ends at the end of August.

• ...TWO BITS!

I just came back from TDS. It was raining until 6pm. When I first got on, I didn't know there was a wet and dry course. I figured that was a normal feature I didn't read about. Anyway, more people got in line for the wet side than the dry side . Me and my sister did the "dry" side first and then twice on the wet side. We got soaked from the 2nd wet ride cause when you get in front of the water fall, they purposely squirt water at you from the top of the waterfall! Oh, and be careful when you are about to unload, the vehicles go and stop very fast so your body is thrown back and forth going backwards to the station . Long story short, awesome ride; awesome park.

Riding Raging Spirits in the rain was interesting. I thought it was a good ride.

Kinda ironic to ride Stormrider when there's a continous storm going on outside...

The Chip n Dale Cool Service and Mythica didn't happen considering it was raining . But since the rain stopped around 6pm, the outdoor columbia show, arabian coast show, BraiSEAmo, and the backside of Disneyland's fireworks show did their thing.

I'll do a better trip report later.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Theme Park Advocate

Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11
    Riding Raging Spirits in the rain was interesting. I thought it was a good ride.
    When my Ex and I rode RS in the rain (our first time) the drops falling off the structure were massave. One of them hit her square on the lip, she thought that something had hit her and gave her a bloody lip. Definatly not a ride that I liked ridding in the rain, even with the panchos I got SOAKED.
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast