Thread: 3rd park?

3rd park?

Is there any space for a third park in Tokyo?

There is some empty property next to and to the east of a city park across from the Tokyo DisneySea parking structure. However, it's not that much space. They can always reclaim more land, though.

• Banned User

I personally don't see a thrid park going into TDR anytime soon given the predicaments that TDS (possible Disney's greatess non-DL park ever built) is not seeing huge crowds at this particular point in time. However, that is not to say it would not happen down the road, but I think OLC is more cautious than Disney in regards to adding parks just for the sake of it, and let's face it...the only reason why we have more parks at WDW is to be able to offer similar experiences to those found off property. I think DLR, DLRP and TDR have topped off with 2 main parks and amenities for now.

It does seem however that Tokyo is going to route of WDW by building more and more hotels.

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLurker
    It does seem however that Tokyo is going to route of WDW by building more and more hotels.
    Hmmm... first time I've heard this.... But I've heard of a mini-hotel boom in that general
    area of Tokyo though...

Anyone have any info on the new hotels that TDR is building?

• Banned User

A new unnamed hotel will be built outside TDL on the parking lot area in front of the TDR Line's TDL Station. That should be opened in 2008. That is the only hotel I know off to be built on property. Other hotels that are affiliated with TDR as "official" or "partner" hotels of TDR have been opened recently or will be opened soon, but those are not on property perse.

• Minion FOREVER!

Thanks for that info, TDLFAN!

Didn't know about the new TDR hotel, but the "other" hotels jives w/
    what I've heard&read.

• Banned User

See the official release on this link (need Adobe reader to see)

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/pdf/press/20050204_01e.pdf

• Vehicle rotating backward

I think it will be interesting to see what will happen should the ToT card not play out in boosting attendance (lordy knows it hasn't worked at another park I could name.) Is OLC content to just keep throwing money at the thing, perhaps add another land, or will they cutback on upkeep and lose the reputation for never letting things fade or peel?

The weird thing is that I've read that TDR is typically the most jam-packed Disney park ever, so to hear that TDS is doing disappointing numbers is honestly a little confusing.

Whichever path they choose, I hope they don't choose to just let the resort sit with what it has, because that's never worked. If there's still more ride ideas on the drawing board, go with them, even if something else has to suffer.

• Banned User

TDS could do better but it's not dead like Ghost City, but on any given day, you can clearly see there people at TDL over TDS. The new "Aladdin Whole New World" event should be enough to bring in locals for the next few months and host the crowds during August when everyone is on vacation in Japan.

• Riding Big Thunder

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLurker
    Well I wouldn't say building one more hotel is like WDW, lol.
    Walt Disney World Trips: October 95, August 98, October 04

Disneyland Paris Trips: Too many to name!

Quote Originally Posted by riding_big_thunder
    Well I wouldn't say building one more hotel is like WDW, lol.
    Three others have opened in the last year or so. And one more opening soon.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I personally don't see a thrid park going into TDR anytime soon given the predicaments that TDS (possible Disney's greatess non-DL park ever built) is not seeing huge crowds at this particular point in time. However, that is not to say it would not happen down the road, but I think OLC is more cautious than Disney in regards to adding parks just for the sake of it, and let's face it...the only reason why we have more parks at WDW is to be able to offer similar experiences to those found off property. I think DLR, DLRP and TDR have topped off with 2 main parks and amenities for now.
    very true

this could last for another 10-20 years I think which is great

I think that Tokyo understands what's going to be needed in the future moreso then some of the other parks but I think they're all going in the right direction (well I'm not sure about WDSP but otherwise)

how much more land does TDL have?

• Banned User

Not much. Enought to build a decent water park but that's only my guess. The new hotel will be build in a portion of the current TDL parking lot, and a garage will be built to make up for the loss of flat parking spaces.

• Banned User

"Rock Around the Mouse" promo video

Enjoy the short promo clip now available fop viewing on TDL's japanese site. Scroll down and choose the player of your choice and click on the speed link... presto! Look for the record-shaped cookies on the promo clip!! They are delicious!

http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...ock/movie.html