Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

• Banned User

"Legend of Mythica" video

The first public previews for Legend of Mythica are being held these days before the official opening on Friday. Watch the show via DeepDisney's site at http://www.sea-you.net/mythica.html

Much appreciation to DeepDisney.com for this video and www.jtcent.com for posting this info on www.miboards.com

SPOILERS!!! The video contain most of the show. DO NOT watch if you do not want to spoil your show experience if you are planning to go to TDS to see it.

• Sea Creature

Re: "Legend of Mythica" video

The music on the official site already gives me the chills. I'm debating on whether I should watch this or wait for the short clips on the official site.
    Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 07-10-2006 at 06:55 PM.

• Banned User

I just watched the video, and no offense, but what the heck was that!?

Parts of the music were beautiful, however.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by A Disney Dreamer
    I just watched the video, and no offense, but what the heck was that!?

Parts of the music were beautiful, however.
    \

Agreed. My first impression as well... WT...??? Without the english translation... it's very difficult to me to make this out. It's like the coming of a new civilization of sorts... But the music is definitely an asset here. Of course... it's tough for me to pass judgement on this until I see it in person..and the video does not show a lot of what goes on *on land* besides the water happenings. One thing is for sure... you can tell they spent a pretty penny as the show is definitely much bigger than Porto Paradiso in the technical aspect.

Lots flash very little substance.

Does that fountain/stage thing where Mickey is, stay in the middle of the lagoon permanently?

The barge Mickey is on is brought to the area minutes before the show begins. And at the end of the show, it is moved backstage.

Comment on the show: Fun, dramatic, entertaining and very impressive.

• Banned User

I was hoping for more of a thrill element - it was honestly a boring parade of Disney characters.

• Twice Charmed

Just saw it....live, I mean... It's beautiful to look at and the music has moments of greatness (but a tad 80's at times, odd). It was very cold however and doesn't make a whole lot of sense (and I understand Japanese). It takes an awfully long time to get to the meat of the story and then when you get there, they do a few circles to some strange pop tunes, then they leave and it's done. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to watch and it definitely looks as expensive as it was, but it's decidedly strange and has gotten some mixed reviews, though leaning towards positive. I think for the cash they spent they may have been able to get a more engaging story, but so difficult when your "stage" is as big as a zip code, I'd guess. I say don't wait more than 30 minutes for a decent seat or you'll be disappointed (and dead from heatstroke no less). Go to the big band show instead, it's only running for 10 months and it's the best thing they opened this week. And air-conditioned!

I'd still say this is a "don't miss it" type. Just the scale and maneuvering of the vessels is impressive enough. The soundtrack grows on you, although the "Sea of Dreams" denouement does prolong the ending and dampens the impact of the Alan Slivestri score.

Oh, the Big Band Show ends in March, not in May like the other 5th shows.

• Still lost in Neverland

By the way, if you all think this show is so bad, then pooh on you. This is a fabulous show and I loved it. I don't care if it makes no sense to us Westerners, the floats and visuals are amazing. I understand a lot more about this show now that I have seen other videos of it. Joe's Tokyo Disneyland website has two great videos that you can actually download to your computer and play with Windows Media Player. He has taken one video that is the complete show and synced it as best he can to the CD soundtrack. The second video is the Dance Portion on land and again in synced to the CD soundtrack. By watching these two videos and reading the English outline and background of the story, it makes much more sense now.

As far as I am concerned, this is the best live show ever done at any Disney Theme Park and beats out both Fantasmic and the Epcot Lagoon show by far. It has great music, fantastic floats and the famous Disney Characters. It is a story of love, fantasy, myths and unity. I love it.
    Last edited by Lost Boy; 08-03-2006 at 03:44 PM.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

I love pretty much everything at the Tokyo Disney Resort with the exception of the big shows on the water at DisneySea, like BraviSEAimo, which it bored me to death. Looks like this one isn't going to be much different.

• Disney Prince

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    I love pretty much everything at the Tokyo Disney Resort with the exception of the big shows on the water at DisneySea, like BraviSEAimo, which it bored me to death. Looks like this one isn't going to be much different.
    they should just put Fantasmic! in DisneySea

Quote Originally Posted by stitcharielsinbad
    they should just put Fantasmic! in DisneySea
    The harbor was built with the infrastructure to support "Fantasmic!" In fact, the compartment where Braviseamo's dragon comes out of was intended for the Malificent dragon. However, OLC wanted something new and different, against Disney's pleas. So Fantasmic never came.

• Former Epcot CM

I don't mean this to sound rude or anything, but the shows that Tokyo DisneySea puts on in the lagoon are too out there for me. I like my shows in Disney parks very Disney - yes, they have Disney characters in, but that is pretty much the only link with Disney. I like my shows to have tie-ins with the movies or the lore of Disney, or to take storylines from movies and turn it into a whole new show... something Fantasmic! did to great effect.

The shows in Tokyo DisneySea are spectacularly done - lavished with money and care. But that still doesn't appeal to me - it has to have a heart of Disney for me. I know it appeals to lots of other people, I'm in the minority, but thats just my opinion.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Speedway, I completely understand you. And many Japanese fans feel the same way. Characters are the main driving force here.

Ironically, it is Disney that did not want characters in this show. However, Oriental Land insisted on characters in order to drive merchandise. In fact, this is the most "Disney" show there has ever been at TDS in terms of project production.

That being said, next year's new stage show "Snow Queen" is not supposed to have any characters, and will have an original soundtrack.
    Last edited by DisneyLurker; 07-15-2006 at 04:40 PM.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast