Where is the best place to buy Tickets? Any possible discounts?

We will be visiting Tokyo Disney, probably the 25th of July and were wondering if it would be better to purchse tickets prior to our arrival, perhaps at a travel agency or something, to ensure that we get in and that its not 'full' so to speak? Also, is there a place anyone recommends that perhaps provides discounted tickets?

We have 6 individuals, with 1 individual being under 14 years of age.

Thanks!

• Banned User

Re: Where is the best place to buy Tickets? Any possible discounts?

I honestly do not know if you would be able to buy TDR tickets prior to your arrival, as I am not awared of any places or travel agencies with tickey sales outside of Japan.
    You may be able to buy tickets at all of the Disney Stores in Japan, and many train stations and convenience stores... however! These may be vouchers or non-dated tickets. These DO NOT garranty entry into the parks if you arrive there and the gates are closed due to capacity.
    My suggestion would be to buy dated tickets at the TDR Ticket Office in Hibiya (close to Ginza) as soon as possible, or arrive at the parks no later than one hour before opening time and buy your tickets as soon as the ticket windows open (usually one hr before the parks open).
    As for discounted tickets.. I know the japanese guests with magic Kingdom Club cards get a discount, but you must buy at the parks on in Hibiya office. Also, from time to time, promotional discounted tickets can also be bought from convenience stores or train stations. Not sure if they have any discounts on the days you are visiting. you much check with travel agencies, such as JR's View to see what's available. However.. you are coming just as the summer crunch is about to begin... be awared of that because discounts may be hard to come by at this time. All this info is based on my experience and others here may have a better response to your inquiry.

TDLFAN, you may want to know that the Ticket Center in Hibiya closed on May 8th.

I hear that DisneyStore started sales of dated tickets when they had closed the Hibiya Ticketing Center.

Shibuya & Shinjuku & Ikebukuro's DisneyStore has Ticket Counter.

*List of DisneyStores (sorry in Japanese)
    http://www.disneystore.co.jp/store/list.html#area04

*Map for Shibuya DisneyStore (sorry in Japanese)
    http://maps.google.co.jp/maps?f=l&hl...04158,0.008014

*Map for Shinjuku DisneyStore (sorry in Japanese)
    http://maps.google.co.jp/maps?f=l&hl...04158,0.008014

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyLurker
    TDLFAN, you may want to know that the Ticket Center in Hibiya closed on May 8th.
    NO, I didn't know that. And now I know why my G-Fan was able to buy a dated TDS ticket at the Narita Town Disney Store.. Thanks. And BTW... TDS looks awesome with 5th anniversary decor.

Thanks for the info! So are they only sold at Disney Stores in Tokyo? There is one up the street here in Okinawa, was going to ask them about it.

POLYGONAUT - Where did you take that Kingdom Hearts photo? Is there a Kingdom Hearts display in Disney or somewhere? If so, I'd love to know where its at! We love those games!

Thanks!

SirMack, according to the official site, there is no Disney Store in Okinawa. However the site may not be updated. Just a note, but not all stores have a ticket counter.