Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Sea Creature

Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    Seeing all the post above makes me wonder something........ Are there park hoppers between TDS and TDL?
    So sorry, only for three and four day passes it plays out like this:
    One day passes to either Disneyland or DisneySea
    Two day passes, one spent at Disneyland, one at DisneySea
    Three day passes, one on Disneyland, one at DisneySea, and then hopping on your third day.
    Four day passes are the same as above except you get to hop on your fourth day as well.

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    Tokyo DisneySea is remarkable, but there are a limited number of attractions. If it's not a busy day, you'll find that you can hit all the attractions and shows in the park, many twice and some even three times.
    I don't know that I agree with this. I actually attempted to do prove/disprove this point once, but got rained out on the day in question. Even on a lightly-attended winter day I'd be surprised if it was possible to see every show and attraction listed in the guide, even ignoring the streetmosphere. Sure, you can tick down through the list of the top 5 or so attractions and get a meal and feel that you've only used up half a day, but there are a lot more than 5 attractions. This is not HKDL, where it's truly possible to do every last thing in one day and have hours to spare. Sure, there's far less to do than at TDL, but you'll be able to fill up an entire day.

SuperDry's comments. Ditto.

• Sea Creature

Double ditto, you can't do EVERYTHING on the list in one day, I've tried.
    Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 07-17-2006 at 09:18 PM.

Tokyo DisneySea is the primary reason I want to visit the Tokyo Disneyland Resort!

Now if I could just convince DH we could afford a trip to Japan....maybe in a few years...
    Amanda
    Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today?

• Banned User

Unfortunately SuperDry quotes my comment about Tokyo DisneySea then refers to my comments as if I was writing about "TDL" (Tokyo Disneyland).

I stand by my comments: except for the busiest seasons, it is easy to see every single thing offered at Tokyo DisneySea in one day, and even go on the E-tickets two or three times. I've done it.

Anyone who's been to Tokyo Disneyland, on the other hand, knows that it would be absurd to state that everything could be seen in one day.

• Banned User

Unfortunately SuperDry quotes my comment about Tokyo DisneySea then refers to my comments as if I was writing about "TDL" (Tokyo Disneyland).

I stand by my comments: except for the busiest seasons, it is easy to see every single thing offered at Tokyo DisneySea in one day, and even go on the E-tickets two or three times. I've done it.

Anyone who's been to Tokyo Disneyland, on the other hand, knows that it would be absurd to state that everything could be seen in one day.
    I agree with you Mr. Mara.

• Disney Prince

Quote Originally Posted by SpokkerJones
    BraviSEAmo makes Fantasmic look like your local high school's July 4th display.

So yeah.
    are you kidding me? BraviSEAmo is a total bore compared to Fantasmic (either coasts' versions).

• Banned User

From the technical point of view... YES, "BraviSEAmo!" does make Fantasmic look like "talent day" in high school. but Fantasmic is a more enjoyable show.. simply because it's pure Disney and not a generic story brought to life with lots of special effects and flash.

Uh, no. I was responding directly to your comments about TDS.

I'll have to take your word for it, but put me down as skeptical, especially when you say it could be done except for the busiest seasons. To clarify, what I'm referring to is the scenario where you go on every ride/attraction, and see all of the published shows (BraviSEAmo, daytime lagoon show, what were Sail Away and Encore!, Mermaid Lagoon theater, Magic Lamp theater, and Mystic Rythyms). I find it hard to believe that this could all be done in a single day. Maybe it could if you really planned things out it might be possible, but I think it's poor advise to a first-time park-goer that they will run out of things to do on a single-day visit. Just my opinion.
    Last edited by SuperDry; 07-18-2006 at 11:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    From the technical point of view... YES, "BraviSEAmo!" does make Fantasmic look like "talent day" in high school. but Fantasmic is a more enjoyable show.. simply because it's pure Disney and not a generic story brought to life with lots of special effects and flash.
    I was thinking along the same lines. F! is something I'll see during every visit to DL if the timing permits, and it's what, 14 years old now?. After seeing it so many times, it does get a little slow during the middle, but the beginning and end make it worth it. And very much like MSEP or Dreamlights, the music of F! is just wonderful. I don't pan BraviSEAmo as some people do, but it's just not in the same category of F!. I doubt that it would ever become the "must see" show for TDS that lasts years and years.

• Banned User

Tokyo DisneySea is often open from 9am to 11pm (while Tokyo Disneyland is open from 8 am to midnight). I often go to the Tokyo Disney Resort in mid October (not the slowest time of year, but not the busiest, either).

At Tokyo DisneySea I have ridden all the rides (except the kiddie rides in Mermaid Lagoon), seen all the shows, eaten lunch and dinner (and lots of snacks in between) and did not have to engage in "commando" style behavior to do it. Took it nice and easy. I keep writing this but for some reason most people don't get it: the Japanese feel the same way about DisneySea that folks in California feel about California Adventure: it's not the Magic Kingdom and many of them would rather go to the Magic Kingdom right next door. I think it's great for the rest of us!

Since TDLFAN agrees with me, I'd say "... we have an accord."

• Sea Creature

Tokyo DisneySea is often open from 9am to 11pm (while Tokyo Disneyland is open from 8 am to midnight). I often go to the Tokyo Disney Resort in mid October (not the slowest time of year, but not the busiest, either).

At Tokyo DisneySea I have ridden all the rides (except the kiddie rides in Mermaid Lagoon), seen all the shows, eaten lunch and dinner (and lots of snacks in between) and did not have to engage in "commando" style behavior to do it. Took it nice and easy. I keep writing this but for some reason most people don't get it: the Japanese feel the same way about DisneySea that folks in California feel about California Adventure: it's not the Magic Kingdom and many of them would rather go to the Magic Kingdom right next door. I think it's great for the rest of us!

That's maybe stretching it a little bit. DisneySea is a quality park unlike California Adventure. Disneyland regulars usually just sneak into DCA to catch a couple rides and then get out.

DisneySea is still worthy of a whole days visit and there are plenty of people who spend a whole day there. This is perhaps one of the reasons that DisneySea is considerably less popular than TDL. There is no one day park hopper. So when forced to make a decision, people just want to go with the Magic Kingdom style park instead. I do in fact know quite a few people who are Japanese citizens who prefer TDS to TDL, really. The one group I think I see that prefers DisneySea more on average seems to be tween girls, however they aren't the ones that pay. Also, the elderly seem to like TDS more, but they can't get out too much. I took a group once, it was loads of fun.

One last thing look at the pictures of the 5th anniversary debut that TDLfan posted. People don't show up in those numbers to visit DCA...ever.
    Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 07-19-2006 at 10:13 AM.

• Banned User

Actually after reading your post quoted above, I have to disagree with you and correct you in many areas. Both TDL and TDS *never* close any later than 10pm daily, except on new year's eve when both parks are opened for the year's end Countdown Parties. Some days during winter months, both TDL and TDS have opened at 10am and close by 9pm, and both parks usually open at 9am, but only open at 8am on holidays or days when a special event premieres. But even TDS opened at 9am and closed at 10pm for it's 5th anniversary kickoff day. I honestly do not know where you got those opening/closing times from but they are incorrect. I have been visiting TDL since 1989 and *never* have I seen those parks close past 10pm, except Dec 31st.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDry
    I'll have to take your word for it, but put me down as skeptical, especially when you say it could be done except for the busiest seasons. To clarify, what I'm referring to is the scenario where you go on every ride/attraction, and see all of the published shows (BraviSEAmo, daytime lagoon show, what were Sail Away and Encore!, Mermaid Lagoon theater, Magic Lamp theater, and Mystic Rythyms). I find it hard to believe that this could all be done in a single day. Maybe it could if you really planned things out it might be possible, but I think it's poor advise to a first-time park-goer that they will run out of things to do on a single-day visit. Just my opinion.
    I agree with your point of view as well.. There is a chance that you could see everything there is to be seen and done at TDS in a single day but that would be a race from 9am till 10pm closing time. I doubt anyone would have the stamina to do that, especially with TDS' multileveled walkways... And even Mara admits skipping the "kiddy rides" in Mermaid Lagoon, so no, even he didn't do it all at TDS in a single day. Me? I rather slow down and enjoy the extra icing in this superb park... the sights, theming, atmosphere, dinning, etc etc. So for anyone interested in getting the most out of TDS, you definitely need two days there.
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 07-18-2006 at 08:20 PM.

Tokyo DisneySea is often open from 9am to 11pm (while Tokyo Disneyland is open from 8 am to midnight).
    Okay Mara, I can now confidently say that you don't know what you're talking about. It confirms my earlier suspicions. There are NO nights of the year when either TDS or TDL is open past 10pm except for New Year's Eve.

At Tokyo DisneySea I have ridden all the rides (except the kiddie rides in Mermaid Lagoon)
    Well, this is a bit different than what we were talking about before, isn't it?

But now you've added "except for the kiddie rides." And you're totally wrong about the park operating hours.

So, to SirMack, I recommend that if you can spend only a single day at TDR, do so at TDS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast