Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 45 of 45
  1. #31

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    207

    Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    Tokyo DisneySea is often open from 9am to 11pm (while Tokyo Disneyland is open from 8 am to midnight). I often go to the Tokyo Disney Resort in mid October (not the slowest time of year, but not the busiest, either).
    Sorry Goddess, I hesitantly accept that you've done "everything" the park offers in one day. I'll even accept that you didn't do it "commando" style. However, in your park times, you are absolutely wrong.

    Tokyo DisneySea has never had 11pm published closing times. It has always been 10pm at the latest. Even during a few hard ticket events, it might be 10:30pm. And Tokyo Disneyland has never had 12mid closing times either. On most full days, TDL is open 8am-10pm and TDS 9am-10pm.

    And speaking of schedules, can you tell me how you could've seen see 9+ shows in one day? (Meet, Encore!, Sail, Mystic, Porto, Braviseamo, Donald, Mermaid, Magic Lamp, special event(s))

  2. #32

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    373

    Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

    I was basing my recollection of the park operating hours on my past two trips, both in October of the past two years. I recall getting up very early to get on line before the gates, and staying there until late at night. And while it's certainly possible I was in error on the opening and/or closing times, that doesn't negate what I wrote.

    In fact, it increases the validity of my statement because it means that I have, on numerous days, been able to do everything in Tokyo DisneySea in even fewer hours than I thought.

    And no, not going on the three or four kiddie rides inside Mermaid Lagoon (and the two outside as well) doesn't make any difference at all: none of them have ever had a line during my trips, and doing all of them would take no more than 45 minutes because they're so short.

    So, I stand by my statement.

  3. #33

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    373

    Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

    I don't recall there being any special event shows either October but, if there were, I didn't see them. I did see Encore!, Mystic Rhythms, Mermaid, Smile, Magic Lamp, Porto Paradiso, but not Donald's Boat Builders because I didn't eat in that restaurant in Cape Cod.

  4. #34

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    I was basing my recollection of the park operating hours on my past two trips, both in October of the past two years. I recall getting up very early to get on line before the gates, and staying there until late at night. And while it's certainly possible I was in error on the opening and/or closing times, that doesn't negate what I wrote.

    In fact, it increases the validity of my statement because it means that I have, on numerous days, been able to do everything in Tokyo DisneySea in even fewer hours than I thought.

    And no, not going on the three or four kiddie rides inside Mermaid Lagoon (and the two outside as well) doesn't make any difference at all: none of them have ever had a line during my trips, and doing all of them would take no more than 45 minutes because they're so short.

    So, I stand by my statement.
    Mara, I really am having a hard time understanding your logic there since, it has already been established you were wrong about TDR parks' opening and closing times. Besides... arriving at the parks early or leaving late is not all that uncommon with savy guests at TDR. You still won't get in any earlier than published times or leave way too late since the TDR CM does make sure the park gets cleared asap so they can make their trains home. Some of those CMs commute times are over two hours long!!

    I don't recall there being any special event shows either October but, if there were, I didn't see them.
    You did miss it. For the past two Octobers, TDS has been hosting the Dramatic DisneySea special event with a special parade and lagoon show in 2004, and special stage show in 2005.

  5. #35

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    373

    Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

    I never stated that I entered before published opening times or left after published closing times. I was on line outside the gates before the published opening times: standard procedure at either park (though I can't imagine people doing this in winter--perhaps they do).

    I saw lots of Dramatic DisneySea merchandise in the park the last two Octobers, but never noticed the water or stage show. I did see a parade in one of my visits, but it was short and boring.

  6. #36

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

    People do the early lines in winter too my friend. Especially when they start lining up for the Countdown party a day in advance, reason why the JR Maihama station posted signs prohibiting guests from styaing overnight in the station. As for the Dramatic DisneySea parade being boring...well too bad you didn't enjoy it but then again, since you chose not to do it, like you chose not to ride the kiddy rides in Mermaid Lagoon, then it simply invalidates your claim to being able to "do it all" in one day. That's why no one is with you on this one. It's like Kerry attacking Bush when he also was in favor of going to war with Iraq. :P

  7. #37

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    207

    Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

    So Goddess, you went on all the major rides and saw most of the shows. Fine, that is very do-able and I'm sure it was a pleasant and full day for you. But stating extremes and absolutes and then going back on them, I hope you can see why other members here who visit the park often have been skeptic. As SuperDry mentioned, it is not good advice to give false expectations to first time visitors.

  8. #38

    • Sea Creature
    • Online

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,044

    Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

    Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    I don't recall there being any special event shows either October but, if there were, I didn't see them. I did see Encore!, Mystic Rhythms, Mermaid, Smile, Magic Lamp, Porto Paradiso, but not Donald's Boat Builders because I didn't eat in that restaurant in Cape Cod.
    Sorry to say, you didn't see Sail Away!

  9. #39

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    6

    Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

    It sounds like that while we are here in Tokyo that Disney Sea would be the best bet. And for DisneyLand it would be better to go to DIsneyWorld in Florida (Where i Live) for that experience. Would you say that is accurate?

    Also, what exactly is Tokyo Disney Sea? Is it mostly Rides? Or Shows? If Shows, are they all in Japanese? Does it take away from the experience?

    We were thinking of going on Monday. Also, if it rains, will the park be closed or will attractions be limited?

    Thanks!

  10. #40

    • Established 2005
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    833

    Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

    Yes, there may be other Magic Kingdom-type parks, but seeing the Tokyo version is a quite a treat. Seeing the differences between the parks of the same variety is quite an interesting experience. Plus, NO WHERE ELSE can you get a spin on Pooh or see Mickey Mouse Revue! Even if you just do an evening pass. . .it's worth it.

    As for TDS, it is very equal parts rides and shows. . .the detail and beauty of TDS is an attraction in and of itself. Journey, Storm Rider, Sinbad, and 20,000 Leagues are all great attractions that cannot be ridden elsewhere.

    Both parks are worth the cash. Enjoy.

  11. #41

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

    Quote Originally Posted by SirMack
    It sounds like that while we are here in Tokyo that Disney Sea would be the best bet. And for DisneyLand it would be better to go to DIsneyWorld in Florida (Where i Live) for that experience. Would you say that is accurate?
    Yes and NO. TDL does include the best from both the MK and DL in terms of look and design, but TDL also excels in many other areas, makingour MK at WDW look run down and innadecuate. While you will get a similar experience at TDL from what you get at the MK, TDL will immediately be cleaner, bigger and better kept than the MK, and it's attractions are usually maintained in top notch condition, unlike some of the things I see at MK. Better shows and parades as well at TDL over the MK. TDL is also NOT an exact replica of the MK, even though it shares a lot of similarity in design, but if you are familiar with the MK, you will immediately see the differences TDL offer in it's own right.

    Also, what exactly is Tokyo Disney Sea? Is it mostly Rides? Or Shows? If Shows, are they all in Japanese? Does it take away from the experience?

    We were thinking of going on Monday. Also, if it rains, will the park be closed or will attractions be limited?

    Thanks!
    Rain won't close the park but will adversily hurt outdoor entertainment.
    But to answer your questions.. TDS is the most breathtaking park Disney has created.. Includes many rides and attraction, and many unique to this park. The themes include overlays about the Sea, explorations, different ports by the sea.. American, arabian, a Little mermaid inspired Fantasyland of rides for the family... Each ear of the park features a great show or two, most of them only in japanese, but they also have some english moments.. but fear NOT. TDS' shows are lavish and even if you have a hard time following, you will still be in awe! by the lavish productions. Do NOT miss the "Big Band Beat" show, its all in English languge. Catch both daytime and nightime lagoon shows "Legend of Mythica" a water parade with many surprises and at night "BraviSEAmo!" for an adult romantic story of love between two spirits one of water and the other of fire.. This show features new special effects never seen in a Disney park before.
    Try to do as many rides and shows as possible (Indy, 20K, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Sindbad, Mermaid Theater, Mystic Rhythms, and Stormrider are MUST SEE!)
    Get there before 9am and stay until 10pm, your day will be worth spent. Finally, try some of the food around the park and enjoy the 5th anniversary decor.. All in all, HAVE FUN!!!

  12. #42

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

    Go here and learn about TDS and it's offerings:
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tds/index_e.html

  13. #43

    • ...TWO BITS!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Disneyland, USA
    Posts
    3,247

    Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I just got back from Tokyo...
    Me too! Got off the plane about 15 hours ago. Spent 9hrs 20mins on the plane and the first hour and couple other times the flight was very turblent. Luckily Japan Airlines provides plenty of entertainment for me with movies and games .

    I only had one day as well for Tokyo Disney Resort. My family choose TDS. It's great, unfortunately it rained, but kept the crowds away. I'm glad we went here.

    I'll do a more detailed trip report of my 3 week vacation in China/Japan...

    "You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

    "With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

  14. #44

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    45

    Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

    Japan Airlines? A bit pricey, isn't it?

  15. #45

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?



    Here is a photo I took while I was there. As you can see, it was very wet that day!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. [Trip Report] Visit to Disney's "A Christmas Carol" Tour Train - Memphis, TN Stop
    By tonyrr1 in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-04-2009, 08:22 AM
  2. "The Abarat" - Disney's latest Theme Park
    By Mickey_D in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-11-2006, 09:42 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-07-2006, 06:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •