Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

Looking over the map of Tokyo Disney I noticed an entire park that includes what appears to be Alladin's Castle and a few rides. Would love to hear your experiences with it and what you guys think.

We only have 1 day to spend, and we are wondering if it would be worth it to come back to see Disney Sea another day, or perhaps to go to Disney Sea instead of the traditional disney park side with the Cinderella Castle?

Thanks!

• Huh?

Re: So, is Tokyo Disney's "Sea" park, worth the visit?

That's a hard question to answer.... many call DisneySea the absolute best of all the parks. But it's just not a Disney park trip without the traditional park...

Although, Rodan seems to prefer TDL over TDS.
    -Tim

• Sea Creature

This is a question asked here all of the time. In I think most cases, people have chosen DisneySea. The choice is simply up to you. DisneySea will provide you the most unique experience. It may not be for you if all you are interested in is rides. Not to take away from DisneySea's rides, they're great but there are few. DisneySea specializes mostly in detailed atmosphere and entertainment. Don't rule out TDL either. It's very different from the other Magic Kingdoms, even though some will say the design is similar to WDW's it's very unique. It's selection of attractions is honestly like a "greatest hits" collection of Disney attractions. Plus, it has the incredible Winnie the Pooh ride. The choice is yours, good luck.
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tds/index_e.html
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/tdl/index_e.html
    There's the guides to both parks. You can see all options for attractions, dining, and shopping. I'm thinking you've seen these, but if you have you would know that the fantastic Mount Prometheus is the centerpiece of DisneySea.
    Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 07-12-2006 at 10:32 AM.

• Theme Park Advocate

I just recently got back from Japan, having grown up at both Disneyland and WDW, I can tell you with out a doubt go to DisneySea while you are there if you dont you will kick yourself forever. The themeing, rides and the overall experience is above all the rest. This is coming from a Disneyland Preimum pass holder, we're nuts about disneyland but DisneySea easily equals and in some ways tops Disneyland.
    themeparks.demonbird.com - pictures and reports of Disney and non Disney parks form across North America.
    Knott's Berry Farm - Spring Flowers - Snoopy's Spring Safari - Sierra Sidewinder

• Banned User

Tokyo DisneySea is remarkable, but there are a limited number of attractions. If it's not a busy day, you'll find that you can hit all the attractions and shows in the park, many twice and some even three times. There are four or five shows to see and lots of good restaurants as well.

But, there's no question that Tokyo Disneyland is a better park. There are three times the number of rides and they're all better than their counterparts in the US because more money was spent building them and they have constant maintainance so everything is always working. It's definitely not the same as either Disneyland or WDW--and it has what is possibly the best theme park ride in the world (next to Spiderman at Universal): Pooh's Hunny Hunt/

God, how could you possibly go all the way to Japan and be forced to choose between the parks!? You can't miss either! DisneySea is almost 100% unique Disney attractions found nowhere else, and the most insane design of any theme park in history. And Tokyo Disneyland is a spectacular version of the Magic Kingdom model park, perfectly maintained and polished like a diamond.

• Minion

If you are on a budget and can't afford to buy tickets to both parks, then I say choose DisneySea. You haven't been there before right? If so, you will be VERY impressed. It's no doubt that this is the most beautiful theme park in the WORLD. The amount of work and detail put into DisneySea is uncomparable. DO NOT miss it because it's unlike anything you have ever experienced.

• Gay Man

Disney Sea ROCKS!

I've been to 10 of 11 Disney parks and Disney Seas is #3 on my list (Disneyland and Disneyland Paris are #1 and #2 respectively). If you have limited time and budget, you can easily skip Tokyo Disneyland (Pooh is actually the best reason to go to TDL) but don't skip TDS.

• Banned User

BraviSEAmo makes Fantasmic look like your local high school's July 4th display.

So yeah.

• Gay Man

We almost missed Bravisimo, Don't do that. I'm glad we were able to slip into the crowd right before it started. It is stunning!

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

I wanna go to Tokyo!

• Banned User

I just got back from Tokyo...

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    I just got back from Tokyo...
    September can't come fast enough for me!

• Banned User

...and to SirMack: Not only is Tokyo DisneySea worth visiting.. it's worth taking a trip to Japan just for that theme park alone. You'd be a fool to go all the way there and miss it.

• Just this guy......

Seeing all the post above makes me wonder something........ Are there park hoppers between TDS and TDL?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast