• Minion

Thunderstorms??!!

I checked the weather bulletin for Chiba, Japan, and it shows the entire week as being filled with thunderstorms. Has anyone been to TDL/TDS in the past week? How was the weather there, and did they do the fireworks/lagoon shows still if it was raining hard?

• Banned User

Re: Thunderstorms??!!

It's been hot an humid, and just like WDW, passing thunderstorms come and go. Today (15th) Mythica was cancelled due to a passing storm. Then it got hot and very humid.

Smile Re: Thunderstorms??!!

Try and find a cool place to hang out if there are thunderstrorms. We were stuck in the exit to the Voyage of Sinbad ride until the Thonderstorms passed. Try and get to a ride that you wouldnt mind riding over and over.

• Banned User

Same predicament can happen at every Disney park, so your point is..???

• Shubisha

They'll do the peach peach cha cha rainy day parade still if the parade's cancelled right? That one's fun =D

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by almandot
    They'll do the peach peach cha cha rainy day parade still if the parade's cancelled right? That one's fun =D
    That parade is already retired! Go to the neigboring "Wet Summer" topic here on TDL's MC section and check out the new and improved rainy day parade, starring a goofy Goofy on a brand new float complete with water squirts and explosions. FUN FUN!!

• Shubisha

Hmm i was wondering if that was a replacement. In the video it seemed like it was something they just randomly in the day to get people wet and cool people off, not for a rainy day parade. That's too bad They should make it a multifloat parade and do both =D

Almandot, these Goofy floats will be used during a rainy day version of the show. The getting wet part will be modified of course. I believe it is raining today in Tokyo, so you might be able to catch photos of today's performance in that same fansite.

TDR has a history of making floats that are very versatile and can be used for normal and alternate versions. The vessels for "Legend of Mythica" at TDS were specifically designed to be used normal weather days, rainy days or strong wind days.

• ...TWO BITS!

It's true, the past 3-4 days at least have been raining just about everyday. But I didn't hear any thunder or see any lightning. The rain, rain, rain came down down down...

This was my first and only visit to Tokyo DisneySea, so it was good the rain kept the crowds away but bad the outdoor shows cancelled. Mythica was cancelled yesterday. But it stopped raining around 6PM so I got my chance to see BraiSEAmo and the backside of Disneyland's fireworks show. I don't think it rained today when I left for home in Los Angeles. There was also the Arabian Coast show and Columbia outdoor shows that planned in the evening which I sadly missed both. My right shoe felt very "flubbery" from the rain. Riding Raging Spirits was interesting. The lines were between 5-15 minute waits pretty much all day. About 2100 hours, the TOT was lit and green fiber optic "lightning(?)" was flashing. Got myself a TDS shirt and mug. I wish I bought the CD set and TOT's black t shirt with the tiki idol in the middle with the green glow. Anyone know where I might find these items online?? Oh, PS, I had a great time at TDS. I'll do a trip report later. Right now I have major jet lag.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Minion

Hey everybody! I'm back from Tokyo and had tons of fun. The weather was very poor, but every single ride was a walk-on. I rode Journey over 20 times and Pooh's Hunny Hunt 8 times. It was the best week ever!

• Banned User

Of course it was the best week ever. This is TDR you are talking about.

• Minion

Yep. Now I'm left with that feeling of wanting to go back again.