• Banned User

Thumbs up TDS' 5th Anniversary decorations and a bit more...

Hello All,
    As many of you know by now... many wonderful new things came about during the kick off of TDS' 5th anniversary celebration this past July 14th, 2006. New shows like "Legend of Mythica", "Big Band Beat", "Over the Waves" and close to a dozen other small shows officially opened to the public across TDS' many ports of call. New and delectable special menus and snacks were introduced around the park, and wonderful new merchandise also filled the many gift stores all over the park and TDR property. However... what would an anniversary party be like without special party favors and decorations?? Well folks, here is the icing on the proverbial cake!! I am delighted to share with you some of my personal photos from around TDS and share with you a bit of the awesome decor created for this very special ocasion at TDS. However..be advised, this album only shows a little bit of all that is there to see and enjoy.. the little things that scream to us and made us take notice as we strolled along TDS on July 14th. NOT all is shown on this album though...curiously, I negleted to take pictures from Mysterious Island, Cape Cod and Port Discovery, since I either did not have the chance to go into those areas or went thru them as fast as you can say..."gotta beat the crowd to the next show!!" However... the stunning displays come right at you from the moment you enter the park. Every Port in TDS features uniquely taylored decorations to fit each port's themes.. From banners to gorgeous 3D ornaments to full blown special 5th statues... every corner of TDS seems to come alive with decorations for this parkwide celebration. The "Piece Du Resistance" so to speak..is located at the Aquasphere Plaza, where a most elegant structure of whim and taste adorns the Aquasphere fountain, featuring the famous Disney Characters in a massive statue setting, complete with running water and special effect nightime lighting that creates a unique color show for this most unique and elegant decorative piece. Being a sucker for this type of artwork... I was in awe of the result. So simple yet so freaking awesome! I was in decoration heaven. Those so-called "professional decorators" on cable TV's many "home improvement and decor shows" should take notice...

http://albums.photo.epson.com/
    j/AlbumIndex?u=4334673&a=32245216&f=

Re: TDS' 5th Anniversary decorations and a bit more...

Thanks for sharing your photos. TDS looks amazing as always, I can't wait to see it for myself.

I like all that all the displays are very thematically themed. Very similar to the 50th decorations at Disneyland. No matter what troubles Oriental Land and Disney seem to have internally, they still manage to put on a pretty good show thematically.

• Banned User

Budgets my dear... budgets. OLC pays, while WDC prays...

• Banned User

Repeated post: DELETED.

• Banned User

Lucky DisneySea wants to be celebrated while its older sister DCA got a pin. Love the pictures and the decorations look very classy. I love how they did the Aquashpere.

• Banned User

We also got 2 official 5th anniversary pins at TDS, a TOT 5-pin set complete with Tower frame (all sold separatedly) and a free Mythica ornament for every guest coming thru the turnstyle as well... *JOY*!!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Thanks for the photos!