Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Wet Summer at TDL (videos)

The japanese DeepDisney site has posted a couple of videos from TDL's new summer show at the castle, and the new and splashy rainy day parade.

But it's a difficult site to navigate. pay attention!

1)click on link below
    2) on the bottom left, you will need to click on japanese letters below "TDS 5th"
    3) you will see photos from the castle show and rainy parade. then click on black boxes with white japanese letters to the right of the photos..
    4) videos will play automatically, just wait for download.

Some comments based on those videos.. The 7 mins. show at the castle is VERY wet! The audience reaction seems favorable. It's fun to see all the water blasting out of the castle from different turrets and balconies.
    For the first time, a TDL show uses Fantasmic!'s water mist screens (but being a daytime show, there is no video projection on them). Note how the entire audience gets wet with the help of cannon blasters on top of the lighting towers on either side of the castle! To enjoy this show, you must leave your cameras behind or protect them from water, as there is a LOT of water blasting from everywhere!!! Goofy and Mickey perform with dancers on a wet stage...very tricky to do. Mickey raps and hip hops his way thur the show. Mostly in english language. My initial reaction is positive. Fun little show.

The Rainy Day parade features on big unit which also gets everyone quite wet. Amazing details on the float. Water squirts from everywhere!! CM playing Goofy here steals the show with a most energetic performance that finds Goofy dancing, disappearing from view, sliding down poles, etc etc... Fun parade for rainy days.

As Mickey says repeatedly in the castle show... "CHECK IT OUT!!!"

http://www.toms-net.com/DeepDisney/index.html
    Last edited by TDLFAN; 07-20-2006 at 01:35 PM.

• Shubisha

Re: Wet Summer at TDL (videos)

dunno if it was a mistake or not, but the way you first posted a link, deepdisney.com, does not exist.

edit: hey, they have a moving on video ;P *bounces* didn't know of this site. thanks

• Banned User

Yes, it was my mistake. DeepDisney is the name of the site, but the link for the videos is the proper link to that site. Thanks.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

I read the subject line and thought someone had something on me I wasn't aware of.

Neat video! You are right, the Goofy was funny. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the links! Is the Goofy float the only one in the rainy day parade, or was it just the only one recorded? And the castle show is that done daily during the summer or just on rainy days?

I wasn't too thrilled by the parade but the castle show was fun.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Magic
    Thanks for the links! Is the Goofy float the only one in the rainy day parade, or was it just the only one recorded? And the castle show is that done daily during the summer or just on rainy days?

I wasn't too thrilled by the parade but the castle show was fun.
    The castle show is a daily event regardless of it being rainy or sunny. As a matter of fact, this show is intended to give the crowds a way to cool off during the very humid and hot august month. The show plays 4 times a day and each show is different! There is a Mickey version, Donald version, Minnie version and Mr/Mrs Incredible version. All 4 versions of the show are included in the show cd now on sale at the park. Only OLC appears to be willing to offer so much fun to their guests for only such a short amount of time, since this show ends on August 30th.

That Goofy float is supposed to be the only one as far as I know. Even the previous float was one single long train with not much else to it. But since this particualr procession was not thrilling to you (and is not meant to thrill you but to give you something to do on those pesky rainy days in Tokyo)... that particular float has more animation and water effects that any other float in the Snowglobes parade at the MK has. So to me, it's thrilling they tried and succeeded in being whimsical with just ONE float.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    But since this particualr procession was not thrilling to you (and is not meant to thrill you but to give you something to do on those pesky rainy days in Tokyo)... that particular float has more animation and water effects that any other float in the Snowglobes parade at the MK has. So to me, it's thrilling they tried and succeeded in being whimsical with just ONE float.
    I do enjoy seeing the rainy day parade and think it is a great idea. However what I meant by not being thrilled by it was only because probably cause the video clip was a little too long. But if I had seen it in person the parade would be a nice little treat, instead of no parade at all.

No arguement here about the MK snowglobe parade, it wasn't even good when it debuted, now it is just old and tired. I'd rather see TDL's rainy day parade replace Share a Dream Come True everyday not just rainy days.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Hmm. Too much water for me. I don't like that. People should be able to approach something as major as the hub and castle without fear of being soaked...no matter how hot it is.

• Banned User

These are great videos TDLFan, thanx a lot. These were really cute shows! i loved the dancing and the music! The water effects were also impressive. Wish I could see it myself. As for the parade, It was cute and colorfull and I would like to see more of this quality in person. I'll just start saving up. I just cant decide if I'll go to Paris or Tokyo for graduation. Still have time to think though.

• Banned User

Go to Tokyo definitely. Paris is nice but you can go there with a lesser budget so the chances that you will to to France are probably higher.

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Hmm. Too much water for me. I don't like that. People should be able to approach something as major as the hub and castle without fear of being soaked...no matter how hot it is.
    Relax! This is only a 7 minute show done 4 times a day. The rest of the time it's business as usual. Water effects are off the rest of the day and anyone can approach the castle as usual. But that is not the point here.. The point is that TDL offers more special entertainent than WDW. You can certaily appreciate which resort tries harder to maintain a level of guest satisfaction. This show would be a huge hit if the powers that be did it at WDW's MK, concidering how the kids go gaga over those silly squirting fountains all over the property.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Relax! This is only a 7 minute show done 4 times a day. The rest of the time it's business as usual. Water effects are off the rest of the day and anyone can approach the castle as usual.
    Ah phew.

But that is not the point here.. The point is that TDL offers more special entertainent than WDW. You can certaily appreciate which resort tries harder to maintain a level of guest satisfaction. This show would be a huge hit if the powers that be did it at WDW's MK, concidering how the kids go gaga over those silly squirting fountains all over the property.
    Maybe...but to an extent TDL runs too many "special entertainment" things sometimes. I know it must be a rare thing...but I enjoy a apark when it is just normal...something no Disney park ever seems to be anymore. I don't think WDW needs these little shows, and I'd question how well some of them would take off in WDW.
    However I have one rebuttle to your squirting fountain comment, it is exactly why WDW doesn't need one. The last thing WDW needs is the hub turned into a public toilet too. I think of all the resorts, only TDL could get away with this due to the free-peeing nature of all the other resort's guests.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Ah phew.
    Hesunghait! (sp?)

Maybe...but to an extent TDL runs too many "special entertainment" things sometimes. I know it must be a rare thing...but I enjoy a apark when it is just normal...something no Disney park ever seems to be anymore.
    WDW's MK is as normal as it can be. Just don't look at the castle in it's current state and the rest is a normal day for the most part. As for TDL.. I *love* those events as they enhance my visits and give me something new to look forward to on most visits. The Stitch one that just ended was a lot of fun! Besides, OLC is not catering to US the regular visitors, as they are trying to keep the locals interested. Why do you think TDR hardly promotes outside Japan?

I don't think WDW needs these little shows, and I'd question how well some of them would take off in WDW.
    Not well because as long as there are guests and management show think the same way you do, those of us regular guests at WDW will be doomed to eternity and another reason why TDR is my prefered resort overall. The excuse is... most guests at WDW are tourists and they don't visit as often as locals do at other resorts, reason why they do not see fit to add those little things such as Nightmare to HM as such. In other words... we the locals at WDW are not worthy...another reason why I love going to TDL. However, I remember the days when guests used to love those special shows they used to put on.. like the Tencennial Birthday Party and "Show Biz Is" in Tomorrowland... so if they promoted these events with the same feverish desire they promote a Johnny Depp AA in POTC, I am sure some people if not most guests, would take notice and give it a try. Only my opinion of course...
    However I have one rebuttle to your squirting fountain comment, it is exactly why WDW doesn't need one. The last thing WDW needs is the hub turned into a public toilet too. I think of all the resorts, only TDL could get away with this due to the free-peeing nature of all the other resort's guests.
    The hub at TDL is 6 times bigger than WDW MK's and the space in between the castle and the hub perimeter itself CAN hold the MK's hub in it. It's huge. Therefore the size of the hub and the nature of the design of this show hardly turns the hub into a toilet facility as you put it. The water cannons are restricted to the viewing area in front of the castle stage and the castle stage itself. It is the performers getting soaked much more than the guests, who get some water on them but not enough to soak them wet. But I will check this show out this week as I am leaving for Tokyo tomorrow, then I will report with more knowledge on this issue.

• Pilot EdForceOne

cute.. but I'd pass. I couldn't even get myself to watch the whole thing.. skipped through most of it. pretty boring to me

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

WDW needs a rainy day parade... considering how often it rains during the summer (nearly every freakin' day... even though it's only for an hour or so). Of course they're too cheap to do it so no luck there.

That castle show was cute. I could not stop laughing at Mickey hip-hop dancing. Brilliant!

• Shubisha

They have a rainy day parade apparently. But it's hardly ever been used. The week I went they actually had a chance to, but they decided at the last second to start the normal parade because it cleared up for a minute and they thought they could make it. Nope. Started pouring. Aladdin was the last float out and all the street performers disappeared by the hub.

They won't run anything during a lightning storm and that's what's usually happening, hence no rainy day parade usually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast