Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Minion

TDR_Fan's TDR Trip Report

~July 17~ PART 1

We arrived at the Narita International Airport around 3. I had heard that it was going to rain all week, but didn't know if that was good or bad news. Anyways, we went to the "Limousine Bus" counter and bought tickets to the Hotel MiraCosta. We were pretty lucky, as the next bus left in 5 minutes. We got on, and enjoyed a calm, 90 minute bus ride.

When we finally saw the "Tokyo Disney Resort" fountain, I was ecstatic! I looked out the window, treasuring every second that I was in this resort. We passed by TDL, Ikspiari, TDS, and then finally, the Hotel MiraCosta.
    This was my first time staying here, and I was greatly impressed. I've toured all the major hotels in Las Vegas, and can say that the MiraCosta definitely matches them.

The lobby alone is so grand, and awe inspiring. We didn't have much time to admire it because we had to check in. The line was long, but the kind staff offered us free drinks in case we were thirsty. Thumbs up to all TDR staff! We had booked one night on the Tuscany side, and 3 nights on the Porto Paradiso side. The "bellhop" that led us to our room was one of the kindest I've met. He was very nice, and pointed out many details to us. One example was the Disney characters hidden in the wallpaper. Another thumbs up. We got settled in our rooms after a long plane flight.

About an hour later, I went downstairs to purchase park tickets. We were leaving on Friday, but I bought 4 day passports anyway. The reason was because I didn't feel we should go to the parks on the first day since everybody was so tired. Also, we had to change rooms around noon, so we HAD to be close by. The park ticket looked something like this:

July 18: Tokyo DisneySea
    July 19: Tokyo Disneyland
    July 20: Both Parks
    July 21: Both Parks

After buying the tickets, I went back to the hotel room to rest. Our reservation for the BellaVista Lounge was in an hour, so I turned on the TV. I enjoyed all the information about TDR, as well as the hotel itself. I watched it over and over, to my own enjoyment. Later, I headed down to the lobby and enjoyed the view from one of the windows above the DisneySea level of the hotel.

Soon after, we went into the BellaVista Lounge to have dinner. They had this weird "Legend of Mythica" combo or something like that but it was expensive. Besides, I can't really eat too much food. I can't remember the name of what I ordered, but it was pretty good. The highlight of the night was watching BraviSEAmo from our seats. As usual, I'm very impressed since this is my first time watching from a restaurant. The view was sensational, and much better than looking above the heads of other people. After, we heard that Disney Magic in the Sky was starting but we couldn't see it. I heard the fireworks though....

After eating a delicious dinner, we shopped a bit at MickeyAngelo Gifts and MinnieLisa Sundries. I bought the Tokyo DisneySea Music Album, as well as some ponchos for tomorrows visit. We took the elevator back to the 4th floor and prepared for the exciting day ahead. Oh, and I also opened the window to hear the relaxing music of the Aquasphere.

I'll type more when I have time. There are 4 more parts to come, so be prepared!

• Minion

Re: TDR_Fan's TDR Trip Report

~July 18~ PART 2

We woke up around 8, and ate a small breakfast. We had bought some bread prior to the trip because we didn't want to spend too much money on food. After eating, we headed over to the elevators. We took some time to admire the rotunda, and managed to take some pictures of the murals. We took the elevator to the "Tokyo DisneySea" level.

After entering the park, we saw just how wet the whole park was. It was raining quite a lot, so we wore our ponchos. We walked slowly from Mediterranean Harbor to Mysterious Island, taking in every bit of atmosphere. We saw many guests run to ride Journey to the Center of the Earth, but decided that walking would be safer. Every CM we passed bowed and greeted us.

Soon after, we arrived at the tunnel to Mysterious Island. We opted to turn left and took the shortcut to JttCotE. The Fastpass distribution line was quite short, so we got Fastpasses. For some reason, everytime I got Fastpasses for Journey, they were surprise Fastpasses! Every SINGLE day, I got surprise Fastpasses....and I wasn't alone. Everybody that got a Fastpass had another surpirse Fastpass for Sinbad. Odd indeed....

Anyways, the standby line was listed at 5 minutes. Not only was I delighted at my luck, I was also excited about making Journey my first ride of the day. I quickly rushed into the standby line. The queue was top notch, as usual. I slowed down a bit to admire all the details, including the Victorian stlye paintings of the various parts of the subterranean world. I don't know why, but this has replaced Indy as my favorite queue. I guess it's because I took more time to look at the details this time. Every surface of volcanic rock was highly detailed, and some parts looked like hardened magma. I especially enjoyed the announcements by Captain Nemo himself. I still have the speil memorized! After enjoying all the details, I headed to the Terravators. It was very fun, and one of the best preshows I've experienced. I noticed that all CM's give you the "Nemo Salute" before the doors close. This was the first time my family got to experience Journey to the Center of the Earth, and they were greatly impressed with the queue. They've been on Disneyland's Indy numerous times, and they all agreed that this queue was more elaborate and had a better execution. After getting off the Terravators, we enjoyed more details at Base Station. I loved the huge cave with mist/fog pouring in at the end. The huge pumps were also incredible. We didn't have much time to admire the details because there were people behind us waiting to ride!

All members of my family commented on the unique design of the vehicles. The CM assigned us all to one vehicle, and told us to have an exciting adventure. She even told us to beware of earthquakes since they have been getting warnings. Great show! Without warning, we left the station. I'll just comment on the whole ride, since most people have no idea what kind of attraction JttCotE is.

We rumble into the Crystal Caverns, my favorite part of the ride for some reason. I love all the glittering and colorful gems, as well as the soundtrack in this portion. One member of my family commented that this part was really well thought, and actually looked identical to what a REAL crystal cavern might look like. I think they were refering to the large chasm on the right, with water dripping above. I'm probably being too detailed, so I'll just move on. The giant mushroom forest was next, and everybody admired all the different critters. Again, they commented on how the waterfalls/flowing river add to the level of immersion and making it more realistic. My favorite creature was the large frog with glowing gills. I never saw it before, so it was a neat surprise. I also saw something like a fish pond, something I didn't know about. We headed to the part where "everything goes wrong", and experienced one of the roughest parts of the ride. My family was not expecting this, so they came down quite hard on the seats. My fault for not warning them. We cruise past green sacs/eggs and on to the subterranean sea. Bolts of lighting are seen in the distance, as well as green pools of water. By using forced perspective, the whole place really seems huge. I believe they refer to this place as the "Grand Cathedral"? Only a Disney geek would memorize stuff from the queue. The lightning strike that hits your vehicle really startled everyone because it was so loud. We head higher up and past a flowing river of magma. A huge fireball explodes ahead and as we pass the large hole, it explodes only inches away from our faces. The heat and close proximity of the fireball amazes everyone. Even more amazing and the highlight of the ride for "mostly" everyone was the magma worm. Everybody was stunned by the gigantic size of the creature. It turned around, roared, and then reared its head up to strike at us. I noticed its eyes changed color from green to yellow when it notices your vehicle. Another detail that only a Disney geek would notice. Another thing I noticed was the bubbling magma pit below the magma worm. It looked so real! I didn't admire it for long, as we were suddenly propelled out of the dark bowels of the Earth. Steam and smoke shoot at us as we race to the surface. Suddenly, we erupt out of Mt. Prometheus and experience the most airtime out of any other ride at TDR. I felt it had more airtime than Splash Mountain, or at least equal airtime. Is Journey's drop bigger or smaller? Anyways, we come up to the opening where we enjoy some nice rain on our faces. But then, our vehicles come to a sudden stop. The breakdown speil comes up and tells us to remain seated. We take the time to look around Mysterious Island. About 5 minutes later, we arrive at the unloading station, where I took a picture of the sponsor sign. You know...the one where it says "Life is an astounding journey".

After exiting, we rode Journey several more times. It just kept getting more and more fun. Even after riding Indy and Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Journey still remained their favorite attraction(and mine). For some reason, they weren't impressed by Pooh's Hunny Hunt as I had hoped but that's for PART 3. Our Fastpasses for Journey ended up obsolete, so I kept it as a souvenir. Lines for EVERY SINGLE RIDE were a consistent 5 minutes throughout the whole day. We thought it would only last for one day, but we were wrong. I kept thinking, "we have to ride as much as we can today because lines will be hours long tomorrow". If only I had known...

I'm going to take a rest now, but prepare for more detailed explanations of each ride. Well....at least the E-tickets. None will be as long as this one for sure, since I rode Journey over 20 times....more than any other ride at TDR. It was just so darn fun, and my family persuaded me to go back in line with them.

• Sea Creature

I personally love rainy days at TDR, unless I am going to see a new outdoor entertainment that gets cancelled, that's no fun, but it I've already seen it, great! You do get nearly unlimited access to the rides, it's awesome. Great to hear you had fun. And by the way, YOUR FAMILY DIDN'T LIKE POOH'S HUNNY HUNT??!!! Well that is definitely strange. It's easily the best dark ride ever created if not the best theme park ride ever created, it's worth a trip to Tokyo Disneyland just to ride it.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan
    I personally love rainy days at TDR, unless I am going to see a new outdoor entertainment that gets cancelled, that's no fun, but it I've already seen it, great! You do get nearly unlimited access to the rides, it's awesome. Great to hear you had fun. And by the way, YOUR FAMILY DIDN'T LIKE POOH'S HUNNY HUNT??!!! Well that is definitely strange. It's easily the best dark ride ever created if not the best theme park ride ever created, it's worth a trip to Tokyo Disneyland just to ride it.
    Well...they didn't exactly say they didn't like it. Just that it wasn't the awesome ride I made it out to be. Personally, I don't really feel it's the "best theme park attraction" that everyone thinks it is too. It's GOOD but not THE BEST. Strangely, my favorite ride is Journey to the Center of the Earth. I guess I just prefer the far more detailed sets, and the elaborate queue setting.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Love this trip report, the details are amazing and you really brought me into the story. The Journey TTCOTE sounds wonderful! I know you took a lot of photos but I don't have the link at work favorited, so if you can post it I would appreciate it.

More! More!

• Don't mess with the duck!

Great details, it really makes it feel like I'm there (but sadly, I'm not). Keep it coming!

• All you need is LOVE

Thanks for sharing I always love your reports

• Banned User

Definitely looking forward to more of your reports--excellent description of Journey to the Center of the Earth! Yes, the queue has dozens and dozens of items to look at--far more than either Indy ride. Curious to know if you share my opinion about how much the Indy ride in DisneySea loses because they kill the music the entire time you're in the main room? One of the things that surprises people about Pooh's Hunny Hunt is how short the ride actually is. There are only three rooms, not counting the animated book before you enter the Windy Day and the final scene of Pooh licking his chops. It has fewer scenes than the ride at Disneyland, which also includes the flood and the birthday party. I would stay that perhaps it takes a Disney geek to really appreciate how unique Hunny Hunt is, but the Japanese sure seem to get it because the lines are always long (though there is a bit of relief now that Buzz is open). Aquatopia uses the same GPS "trackless" ride system, but it isn't nearly as much fun (as evidenced by the general lack of lines when I've been there in the fall). Oh, you might find this interesting. At Deep Disney there are shots of the tip boards for both parks taken a few days ago: compare the wait times for Tokyo Disneyland versus Tokyo DisneySea: http://www.toms-net.com/DeepDisney/index.html Just click on the small photos and they enlarge, allowing you to read them.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    Definitely looking forward to more of your reports--excellent description of Journey to the Center of the Earth! Yes, the queue has dozens and dozens of items to look at--far more than either Indy ride. Curious to know if you share my opinion about how much the Indy ride in DisneySea loses because they kill the music the entire time you're in the main room? One of the things that surprises people about Pooh's Hunny Hunt is how short the ride actually is. There are only three rooms, not counting the animated book before you enter the Windy Day and the final scene of Pooh licking his chops. It has fewer scenes than the ride at Disneyland, which also includes the flood and the birthday party. I would stay that perhaps it takes a Disney geek to really appreciate how unique Hunny Hunt is, but the Japanese sure seem to get it because the lines are always long (though there is a bit of relief now that Buzz is open). Aquatopia uses the same GPS "trackless" ride system, but it isn't nearly as much fun (as evidenced by the general lack of lines when I've been there in the fall). Oh, you might find this interesting. At Deep Disney there are shots of the tip boards for both parks taken a few days ago: compare the wait times for Tokyo Disneyland versus Tokyo DisneySea: http://www.toms-net.com/DeepDisney/index.html Just click on the small photos and they enlarge, allowing you to read them.
    Thanks for all the comments. Yes, I believe the greatest weakness of TDS's Indy is the soundtrack. As soon as you enter the main chamber, the music cuts off. I still don't get why they did this. Disneyland's Indy is more better when you count everything, but there are many effects at TDS that I prefer.

Oh, and check jtcent.com in the near future for Joe will post some of the pictures I took. There aren't too many good ones though.

• Santa Barbara, CA

... There are only three rooms, not counting the animated book before you enter the Windy Day and the final scene of Pooh licking his chops. It has fewer scenes than the ride at Disneyland, which also includes the flood and the birthday party. .
    Actually there are more..The (1) blustery day, (2) tigger bounce,(3) dream sequence, (4) heffalump and woozles, (5) escape tunnel, and (6) hunny cavern. Within each room there are moments that are timed to the pots and they each get something different to see, so it isnt quite that literal. You spend more time in them than in a normal dark ride and twice as long with two sets of pots in the heffalump room dancing, seeing the bees and cannon.

i guess Pirates has only 4 "Rooms", the bayou, the caves, the town and the jail. lol.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Minion

~July 18~ Continuation of PART 2

After our many exciting rides on Journey to the Center of the Earth (we all raised our hands on the big drop), we decided to try something new. I decided that 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea would be a good choice, and headed over to the standby entrance. The standby time was listed at 5 minutes also, but I decided to "collect" the Fastpasses because I knew they would cut off Fastpass distribution later in the day.

Now, on to the ride....after walking down the spiraling walkway, we see what I think is used as an overflow area. Here, I saw maps of the various parts of the ocean floor, as well as diving equipment. There was also an area which resembled Captain Nemo's office. It was interesting to compare this queue to Journey's. Even though Journey's is far more elaborate and immersive, I like the atmosphere of this queue as well. After admiring the queue, I finally got to the submarines. Just to let you know, you do not go in the Nautilus herself. Instead, you go into a smaller set of research submarines called the Neptune.

We board the vehicles, and I offer the front seat (best seat in the sub) to my parents. I sat on the left side, and prepared for an exciting adventure down in the ocean deeps. An announcement by Captain Nemo tells us to prepare to go underwater. Without warning, we drop into the water. We look outside, and see hundreds of bubbles. As we continue on, I enjoy the marine life. Moray eels pop out of holes, and crabs make their way across the floor. Suddenly, the control panel in front of me glows green. This controls the flashlight, which you can use to look at numerous parts of the ride. You move it like how you would move a joystick. Anyways, we arrive at the Ship Graveyard. I see many treasures, like one of those Egyptian coffins. Out of nowhere, the musical score is blasted into our ears. We see the reason for this, as there is a HUGE squid right outside. His eye changes color to red, and we see large tentacles outside. The music accelerates, and the submarine shocks the squid with an electric shock. We see green lines of electricity crawl over the squid. Unfortunately, this uses all the power of the subs. Now we are unable to get back to the surface. The flashlight lights up again, and this time we get to explore the lost city of Atlantis. We turn our lights toward the shy habitants, but they duck their heads as soon as we shine our lights at them. Eventually, we see the chief of the Atlantians. Our sub begins to lift, and we see a shadow of the Atlantians pushing our sub to the surface. Colorful bubbles fill the windows as we rise, higher and higher. Finally, we are at the ocean surface. We wave goodbye to the Atlantians, and arrive at the unloading station.

After riding 20,000 Leagues, we decided to explore the rest of DisneySea. We left Mysterious Island, and headed over to Lost River Delta. Along the way, we enjoyed many of the wonderful sights. You truly have to be there to enjoy it. When we got to Lost River Delta, we ran to queue for Indy. Again, I collected the Fastpasses before entering. The standby time was listed at 5 minutes also.

We entered the queue, and walked through a jungle setting outside before entering the temple. In the temple, we saw a huge statue. Water drips from the left snake, and below are corpses of past explorers. On the walls are murals of the Crystal Skull and the Fountain of Youth. We leave this room, and enter a smaller chamber. On the left is a reflecting disk, with a mural on the right. Light comes from holes in the ceiling, hits the disk, and reflects onto the mural. Very cool. Ahead are carving of faces, lit in red light. Occasionally, they growl at you. There wasn't anything different from Disneyland's Indy ahead. We passed Indy's office and the film room. Their film is way shorter and nowhere near as interesting. It features Indy's sidekick, Paco. After watching a short film (which you are not required too like at Disneyland's), we headed over loading area. After a short walk down some stairs, we arrive at the loading station. This area looks very familiar to Disneyland's. We get into one of the transports and prepare to search for the Fountain of Youth. Most of the ride is the same, so I'll just point out the differences.

-There is only 1 door at the beginning instead of 3. However, the entire area is filled with pools of water and winding hallways.

- Instead of the huge head of Mara, there is this smaller Crystal Skull. This chamber has all 3 effects of Disneyland's Indy combined into this room. The stars, water effects, and treasure are all in this room. The Crystal Skull glows and emits blue lights from its eyes when you pass it.

- The "Tunnel of Torment" area features bright green lightning instead of the white flashes in Disneyland's Indy. I prefer this one. The Gates of Doom are nearly identical, except with Indy speaking Japanese.

- The main chamber is colored in greens and blues, as compared to reds and oranges. The laser shot out of the huge skull is way better here, and more smoke comes out. Electricity scatters around where the laser hits. In front of you is a huge, swirling tornado. There is no lava, but an electricity filled fog pit.

- The skeletons are much louder, and one comes together in groups of 3. They scream so loud that my ears hurt.

- On the bridge, the music cuts off. They do not come back until the smoke ring effect. There is no fire in the entire ride.

- The snake is very different. They have some kind of weird, frilled serpent. The movements are similar though.

- Instead of the spirit of Mara painted on a scrim, they have another Crystal Skull glowing. This chamber is even louder than the skeletons, and I had to cover my ears.

- Instead of the rat room, they have this smoke ring effect. The Crystal Skull says something to you, and then blows a huge, colored smoke ring at you. It's very impressive.

- Instead of the 2D paintings, they have 3D heads. Air blows out of their mouths, something I didn't notice at Disneyland's.

- They take your picture after you dive under the boulder. I felt their version was tamer when compared to Disneyland's.

There you go....a list of differences between the two rides. It's hard for me to choose the better one because I like parts from both rides.

After Indy, I decided to go back in line and ride it again. My parents didn't want to though. When I had enough of Indy, we headed over to Arabian Coast. I decided a nice, relaxing ride would be good after so much walking. We headed over to Sindbad's Seven Voyages, which is like a cross of it's a small world and Pirates of the Caribbean. The queue was quite nice, and featured paintings of Sindbad's adventures. This ride was also a walk-on, so we got to the boats relatively quick.

The entire ride is very long, so I won't describe it all. All I can say is that the AA's are more cartoonish than the PotC ones, but move just as fluently. There are also a few scary scenes in this ride that "might" scare younger riders. Such examples are monkeys trying to attack your boat, a giant ogre, and a large eagle. This ride is definitely on par with PotC, and you should make this one of the must rides.

After Sindbad, I wanted to go see The Magic Lamp Theatre. However...the rest of my family didn't want to see a show, especially one they couldn't understand. I tried to get them to go anyway, but they already headed over to Mermaid Lagoon. There, we rode Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster. It's sort of like Gadget's Go Coaster.

After Flounder's Flying Fish Coaster, we decided to go back to Mediterranean Harbour. We took the DisneySea Transit Steamer from Lost River Delta. It's quite an enjoyable ride, as you can enjoy many sights. Along the way, we passed by Mysterious Island. There, we saw a geyser explode about 50 feet in the air. When we disembarked at the station, we took the time to see Mt. Prometheus erupt. I tried to get a picture, but it didn't turn out too good.

We walked the rest of the way to American Waterfront because my family wanted a buffeteria stlye restaurant. With that in mind, I took them to Sailing Day Buffet. Long story short, the food was great and offered many choices. I had fried rice, shepherd's pie, and many other food items. This might not be exact because I also ate here on the 2nd day we were at DisneySea. After a huge feast, we decided to stroll around American Waterfront. I bought a souvenir popcorn bucket with the Tower of Terror design, and filled it with caramel popcorn. We caught a performance of "Over the Waves" while we walked around. Then, we took the DisneySea Electric Railway to Port Discovery. The scenery was breathtaking, as usual.

At Port Discovery, we rode Aquatopia. You could pick between two versions... a wet course, or a regular course. I chose the regular course because we didn't want to get more wet in addition to the rain. The ride was fun, and used the same technology as Pooh's Hunny Hunt. The vehicles move randomly, and have a mind of their own. After Aquatopia, I was forced on StormRider. Normally, I don't ride simulators on a full stomach but my family insisted. The standby time was listed at 10 minutes, so we got into the queue. Inside, they give you a nice preshow. One of the CM's begins a speil which desribes what you are about to do. It's in Japanese, but there are subtitles above. The best part of this preshow comes when he demonstrates the Storm Diffusion Device. In the water tank, you see a simulated tornado. With one blast on the "Fuse", the tornado is destroyed and eliminated. The storyline of StormRider is that you are about to test this device into a huge typhoon arriving in Port Discovery. I found this ironic because there was an actual storm right outside. After the preshow, the doors open and we enter the cabin.

The vehicles are much bigger than any other simulator, and can seat 122 people. There are portholes on the side, which add to the realism. In the front, you see a huge windshield. After being seated, the ride begins.

The huge gates at the front open, and we being to take off. We leave the station and hover over the ocean. We are following another plane, which we are told belongs to the lead pilot. We chase him while admiring the sights. Dolphins jump below us, as we dip forward. The motion is very smooth, and did not make me motion sick like Star Tours. It really resembled "Soarin' Over California" in movement. The musical score, like many other DisneySea attractions, was exceptional. Out of all the attractions I rode at DisneySea, my favorite score still belonged to Journey to the Center of the Earth. Indy's was too mutilated for me to like, and it was nearly identical to Disneyland's anyways. Back on topic, we fly lower and nearly hit a sail boat. We soar over a futuristic city, and see the huge storm ahead. The cabin shakes as we enter the storm, and we see lightning strike the plane in front of us. The lead pilot warns us to turn back, as his plane veers up and down. You can see smoke coming out of his engines. Our captain decides not to, and makes a plan to launch the fuse to end the storm. His plan fails, and the fuse is struck by lightning. It swings back and eventually, impales our plane. This part is very realistic. They use a REAL prop in this part of the ride, and it really shocked everybody. Our plane struggles to get rid of it before it explodes. It finally dislodges, and if flung away. It creates a huge fireball as it explodes, and we are sucked into it. Our plane loses control and dives toward the ocean. Real water is blown into our faces and after many sharp turns, we hit the ocean. Our plane is underwater for a brief moment, and resurfaces later. Soon after, the gates at the front close and we exit. Overall, StormRider was very fun and one of the best simulator rides I've been on. I still like Soarin' Over California though because I prefer calmer rides.

After StormRider, we headed back to Lost River Delta. There, I rode Raging Spirits while my parents waited. After, we walked back to Mediterranean Harbor. Along the way, we stopped at Mysterious Island. We rode Journey to the Center of the Earth again since we all loved it so much. We also wanted to bring some food back to the hotel, so we bought the Gyoza Sausage Buns. There were no lines for it, so we bought five. We carried them the rest of the way back to the hotel. Thank goodness we stayed the MiraCosta, because it's only a short walk from there to the special entrance. It's located right inside Mediterranean Harbor for those who haven't been there. After arriving at our hotel room, we rested for a few hours before heading out again.

Around 6, we headed back out again. This time, I refilled my popcorn bucket with strawberry flavored popcorn near American Waterfront. Then, we took the DisneySea Electric Railway again to Port Discovery. This time, we rode the wet course for Aquatopia. It was mostly the same, except you get soaked. There was one place where a fountain sprays you continiously for about 5 seconds. Luckily, we were wearing our ponchos. However....my shoes still got pretty wet, and I hate walking around in wet socks. After Aquatopia, we headed over to Lost River Delta. There, we rode Indy again (forced my mom on it). After riding Indy, it was around 7:30 so we decided to go back to the hotel to watch BraviSEAmo. We went to the DisneySea Transit Steamer, but saw that it was closed. I had forgotten that they closed early for lagoon shows. So we had to walk all the way back to the hotel by foot. When we passed Mediterranean Harbor, we heard them announce that the show was beginning in just a few minutes. I told my family members to run back to the hotel, so that we don't miss any parts of the show. After getting back to our hotel room, we saw that the show had just begun. We turned off all the lights and opened the windows. There, we saw BraviSEAmo like I had never seen it before. Being on the 4th floor offers some unique views of BraviSEAmo. Nothing was blocking our way, and we got perfect vantage points of the fire spirit. I never noticed that the fire made a circular pattern before he emerges. For some reason, watching BraviSEAmo like it was meant to be seen (without people's heads in the way) made it my favorite lagoon show. I like the music better than Fantasmic, and would rank it on par with it. Maybe it's just because BraviSEAmo is more grand, and because I've seen Fantasmic so many times. After watching BraviSEAmo, I listened to the music they play after the show. It's sort of like after Remember...Dreams Come True, they play "Remember When". That's when I remembered the fireworks start right after BraviSEAmo. I headed out to one of the hotel windows, where I caught a beautiful display of fireworks. It may not be Remember or Wishes, but it's still pretty. After the fireworks, I headed back to the hotel room. I slept on the trundle bed while everyone else slept on the two beds. The trundle bed is pulled out of the normal bed, and acts as an extra bed when you have more company.

Prepare for PART 3 soon!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    Actually there are more..The (1) blustery day, (2) tigger bounce,(3) dream sequence, (4) heffalump and woozles, (5) escape tunnel, and (6) hunny cavern. Within each room there are moments that are timed to the pots and they each get something different to see, so it isnt quite that literal. You spend more time in them than in a normal dark ride and twice as long with two sets of pots in the heffalump room dancing, seeing the bees and cannon.

i guess Pirates has only 4 "Rooms", the bayou, the caves, the town and the jail. lol.
    When I first rode Pooh's Hunny Hunt, I was expecting it to be the best ride ever. I was a bit disappointed though. Besides the amazing ride vehicles, the sets themselves are not impressive. They definitely don't compare to the highly realistic sets of Journey or Indy. You can say that if Pooh's Hunny Hunt didn't use GPS technology, the ride wouldn't be all that amazing. For example....if you were to use the same vehicles for another ride with better scenes, it would be no question that the ride would be better that Pooh's Hunny Hunt. For me, it's just a normal dark ride with spectacular vehicles.

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    When I first rode Pooh's Hunny Hunt, I was expecting it to be the best ride ever. I was a bit disappointed though. Besides the amazing ride vehicles, the sets themselves are not impressive. They definitely don't compare to the highly realistic sets of Journey or Indy. You can say that if Pooh's Hunny Hunt didn't use GPS technology, the ride wouldn't be all that amazing.
    Well it's Winnie the Pooh, of course it's not realistic. I guess this is your personal taste, but I think that there is a lot more to the ride that makes it just magical. The beginning sequence, where the book comes to life made me gasp the first time and Tigger's bouncing room is just soooo cool and fun! The scenes are a lot better looking than other dark rides. Let's compare it to say...Snow White and the comparison is easy. They are colorful, fun sets that look very nice, as if they were pulled right out of the book.

• Wish I was in WDW..

good trip report so far, just wondering what is the ride journey to the center of the earth like and about?

----------------

Quote Originally Posted by NikkiDancer
    Originally Posted by tloolgb

People and thier incredible reading ability.

Scroll up a bit to post #2...he explained it in detail.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast