Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Halloween at TDL

Some details of this year's "Disney's Halloween 2006" event at TDL have been announced. Reports on Laughingplace.com say that Mickey's costume this year will be that of a pirate. There will be a rock and roll halloween show at night on the castle stage. Plus a brand new Halloween parade as is the case every year since TDL has never repeated a Halloween parade since starting this event almost a decade ago.
    I can't wait!! I wonder if JoeInJpn has anything about this posted on his site www.jtcent.com ... Joe?

Coincidentally.. WDW-MK's Mickey's Not-so-Scary Halloween parties this year will also feature a villains castle show at night and ONE new float similar to those in the Halloween Candyland Parade a few years ago. Plus the return of "Hallowishes" fireworks.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Halloween at TDL

Pirate Mickey? I bet that makes its way around the globe.

• Banned User

Coincidentally, the TDL 23rd anniversary motif was also Mickey as a pirate. I have that mini plush sitting right here next to me on top of my PC desk.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Smile Re: Halloween at TDL

Blimey lets give Joe a break here with everything else thats going on at that Resort at the mo Im starting to think Joe may be starting to feel the heat.It sure isn't easy being a webmaster for a Tokyo Disney site at the mo.

As for Halloween Tokyo Disney have obviously heard about me visiting in Sept and are pulling out all the stops.Ok maybe not

Also as for pirate Mickey wonder if he'll resemble the one thats walking around Anaheim at the mo.Or will it be a brand new costume

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    Blimey lets give Joe a break here with everything else thats going on at that Resort at the mo Im starting to think Joe may be starting to feel the heat.It sure isn't easy being a webmaster for a Tokyo Disney site at the mo.
    Trust me. Joe does not mind the grind.

As for Halloween Tokyo Disney have obviously heard about me visiting in Sept and are pulling out all the stops.Ok maybe not
    Sorry to deflate your bubble but NO. Your visit has nothing to do with it. TDR *always* pull the stops in everything they do thru the year, regardless. They are that good at what they do.

Also as for pirate Mickey wonder if he'll resemble the one thats walking around Anaheim at the mo.Or will it be a brand new costume
    My guess would be a brand new costume. The one at DL is quite nice and elegant but Halloween at TDL has always had Mickey and the gang in fun costumes. So I bet it will be a different outfit.

I'm alright, thanks guys. TDLFAN knows about my long 12-hour waits for some events. I try to watch and capture on video whatever I can. But I, unlike some other Tokyo Disney fansite webmasters, have a life outside the Parks.

About Pirate Mickey, I would hope he is dressed like the 23rd Anniversary theme this year. He just looked so darn cute!

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn
    TDLFAN knows about my long 12-hour waits for some events.
    True. Not even an earthquake would cause Joe to loose his spot for a brand new show at TDR. Besides... I take advantage of that... I go shopping while he holds court.

About Pirate Mickey, I would hope he is dressed like the 23rd Anniversary theme this year. He just looked so darn cute!
    Agreed, reason why I bought the mini plush. I like those beads coming off the sides of his head.

• Shubisha

I wonder if Pirate Mickey's costume at the opening of the new pirates ride over here at Disneyland is a cue to what it'll be like... I'm not sure anyone's seen the costume since.

• Shubisha

When do the Halloween activities start at TDL? Like does anyone know when the Halloween parade starts up?

Quote Originally Posted by almandot
    When do the Halloween activities start at TDL? Like does anyone know when the Halloween parade starts up?
    The first Halloween-related "event" to start is "Haunted Mansion Holiday Nightmare" on September 4th. The parade, called this year, "Disney's Halloween Parade 'Scream and Shout'" begins on September 12th. The castle show, "Spooky Kooky Halloween Night" starts on the same day.

• Banned User

If you like Halloween, and you like Disney theme parks, AND you like Japan, then get thee to Tokyo Disneyland anytime between the middle of September and October 31.

The whole park is decked out with pumpkins, both plain and in various characters, there are THREE parades each day (including the aforementioned Halloween parade), kiosks all around the Hub with various special Halloween doodads (some edible) for sale, and incredible Halloween themed merchandise--tons of it. (I'm sure Joe has photos of the Halloween festivites on his website.)

That's why I always try to make my yearly trip during this period. The only other time that compares to it is the Christmas season, but I don't care to go to Disney parks when it's cold. Seems unnatural.

• Shubisha

TGM: Heh trust me I'm aware of their awesome halloween events Been playing pumpkin party in my car all year long since october without ever getting tired of it.

Joe: Thanks =) Can't wait to hear their new music and get the CD.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    The only other time that compares to it is the Christmas season, but I don't care to go to Disney parks when it's cold. Seems unnatural.
    The fact is... it doesn't get that cold in Tokyo until january and Feb. Decemeber is still quite manageable IMHO. However.. want to talk "unnatural"? Head to DLP in from November on... Brrrr! Bring heavy heavy heavy jacket and park yourself by any of the fireplaces built in that park. It's horribly cold at times.

• Vehicle rotating backward

The rock n roll thing at TDR, and MK's villains thing both sound great on paper. Hallowishes has to be probably one of the better MK fireworks shows.

Daytime parades don't really do it for me, especially for something as nighttime-oriented as Halloween.

• Banned User

Daytime parades are TDL's forte. If you miss them, you have not seen what TDL does better than any other Disney park out there... (not too mention they also do cleanliness better than the other parks and excel in other things as well...but you'll find that out in time. I dare you to do the bathroom smell test at TDL in the middle of the day.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast