Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 3rd park

• Banned User

Re: 3rd park

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    The OLC has to maintain certain quality standards which constitute the "Disney way". So while the OLC does show a willing to spend money, they are still required by Disney to do so.
    And why is Disney NOT requiring the same from themselves? I mean.. come on! Double standards!!!

• Vehicle rotating backward

It seems to me that the Disney parks cycle.

Traditionally, when DL falls down in quality, WDW is a very nice place. When WDW begins falling in quality, DL is a very nice place. Maybe with a numbers boost DLP will be next?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    It seems to me that the Disney parks cycle.

Traditionally, when DL falls down in quality, WDW is a very nice place. When WDW begins falling in quality, DL is a very nice place. Maybe with a numbers boost DLP will be next?
    You neglected to mention that both parks in Tokyo maintain an excellent record of quality on a regular basis, and most times surpasses *any* of the Disney parks on Earth, even when they are at their best, like DL's conditions have been during their 50th anniversary year. But you've never been so you would not know that.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    And why is Disney NOT requiring the same from themselves? I mean.. come on! Double standards!!!
    The answer requires a lot of really big legal and fiscal-type words that I frankly do not know and do nothing but side step the real issue at hand. Even worse, I think there is probably some exec who actually truely thought DCA was the shining light that TDS couldn't being to compare to.

A water park in Tokyo Disneyland never made sense to me. They do have winter where snow is present, the place would have to be indoor (which is the most ideal solution) or closed for months on end.

• Banned User

I agree about the water park at TDR. But there are water parks in Japan that are partly, if not entirely covered (indoors)

Quote Originally Posted by lazyboy97O
    The answer requires a lot of really big legal and fiscal-type words that I frankly do not know and do nothing but side step the real issue at hand. Even worse, I think there is probably some exec who actually truely thought DCA was the shining light that TDS couldn't being to compare to.
    You mean Michael Eisner??

• there's always my way...

domo arigato Mr roboto!
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• there's always my way...

Domo
    Come to the dark side,
    we have cookies.

• ...TWO BITS!

Getting back to a 3rd gate, this is what I had to say in mouseinfo:

I kinda hope they don't do a studio park. Do something different. I did read about how they came up with TDS's park name. Since there was a DisneyLAND, they got a DisneySEA. DisneySKY would be consistent and ORIGINAL!!

Maybe have an attraction like Castle in the Sky. Maybe after concuring the skies, the park concures Space. I think it has potential if there's enough creativity. Make a "land" a space station. It's a bit old, but perhaps something related to "TaleSpin". Battle Space and Air pirates, haha. Perhaps something with Treasure Planet (I think this film is underrated). Encounter flying mythologictal and legendary creatures. Put in the forgotten "Island on Top of the World" attraction plans. A hot air balloon could be good for family-friendly fun. Fly to exotic and remote locales (DisneySea is not entirely about water, it deals with sailing to exotic locales). A lame and cheesy slogan would be "Skies the Limit".

EDIT: Article on "Island on Top of the World": http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hi...05/30/616.aspx

Another reader responded: How about "Tokyo DisneySky: Where Adventure and Imagination Take Flight"

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
    -Jurassic Park

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

You beat me to it!

• Banned User

Let's all sing like the WDW birdies sing... "Cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap!"

• Sea Creature

Let's all sing like the WDW birdies sing... "Cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap!"
    You genius!

• Minion FOREVER!

Didn't they throw out that song when they got "New Management?" :-)

BTW. TDLFAN, that was pure genius. "-)

• Minion

Come on everybody! Let's join in with TDLFAN...."Cheap, cheap, cheap, cheap!".
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Vehicle rotating backward

You neglected to mention that both parks in Tokyo maintain an excellent record of quality on a regular basis, and most times surpasses *any* of the Disney parks on Earth, even when they are at their best, like DL's conditions have been during their 50th anniversary year. But you've never been so you would not know that.
    That's because I'm talking about Disney's parks, not OLC's parks.

I can tell you that EPCOT's construction costs robbed a lot from Disneyland in the 70s. You can tell me that Disneyland's 50th was one of the worst years at WDW in ages. I would believe both, and I think they raise and dip in repsonse to one another.

Perhaps if OLC opened another park in Osaka or something, the same principle would apply. No doubt some efficiency is gained by having all their eggs in one basket.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast