Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Iron-Clad Allie

Climb Aboard Tokyo Disneyland's Skyway - Trek Across FantasyLand and Tomorrowland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJuN4rqEU0o

Enjoy the sights of Tokyo Disneyland from the vantage point of Skyway during it's last year, 1998. The ride was installed in 1984. You may also catch a quick glance of Tokyo DisneySea in it's early stages of construction.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: Climb Aboard Tokyo Disneyland's Skyway - Trek Across Westernland and Tomorrowland

Slick music. I have that loop. Great find.

Love seeing how close the old MTP was to Tomorrowland.

That was just a great find.

Re: Climb Aboard Tokyo Disneyland's Skyway - Trek Across Westernland and Tomorrowland

I agree. Great video. I have lots of pics from that attraction. Unfortunately, it closed before I bought my first video camera.

FYI, when they were building Toontown, the carriage windows facing that side of the Park were covered so construction could not be seen. Also, Guests could only ride from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland, not in the opposite direction.

• Established 2005

Ok. . .now for my question. Does anyone have photos from the interior of that Small World restaurant? That's obviously what the round shaped building is that is to the right as you depart the Fantasyland SkyWay station, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn
    FYI, when they were building Toontown, the carriage windows facing that side of the Park were covered so construction could not be seen. Also, Guests could only ride from Tomorrowland to Fantasyland, not in the opposite direction.
    Ah I know you have to love the Japanese. Sometimes they are too worried about spoiling views.

I'd love to see a shot of the berm area where Toontown is from the skyway before it was Toontown.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Ooh, I forgot about "It's a Restaurant After All."

I assume this isn't the farge edge of the park, it seems like you get out and the Rocket Jets are immediately in your face. Westernland?? I guess the original name didn't translate well in the written language or something?

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    Ooh, I forgot about "It's a Restaurant After All."

I assume this isn't the farge edge of the park, it seems like you get out and the Rocket Jets are immediately in your face. Westernland?? I guess the original name didn't translate well in the written language or something?
    Don't know, but "Fu ron Tee ah ra nn do" (although harder to say and not
    easily recognizable to the Japanese as "wu esu taah nn rando" ) doesn't
    sound like anything I know in Japanese.

Let me see.. written doesn't look too bad either (sorry, don't have
    Japanese input on this computer).... it's katakana
    and wouldn't have any weird alternative readings either.

Sorry, I'm not being much help; maybe Joe or TDLFAN would know.

----

Sorry, bad romaji... ^_^

I.... Have no idea what you're talking about, but I surmise that you don't why, either.

It's not Westernland, the topic includes the wrong lands. It left FL, passed the enterance to Toontown and went into TL.

• is satisfactual.

Interesting. The park looks so... Industrial from this point of view. I mean, compare this to a cozy train ride around Disneyland if you will. The walls around Toontown in plain sight, all that asphalt down there... Even the Skyway station looks cold and charmless. I suppose it's a good thing they got rid of it.

That's correct. The ride was between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. The TL station is now a ticket distribution center, and the FL station plus "Small World "Restaurant" is now "Pooh's Hunny Hunt."

Japanese don't understand the word "frontier" meaning new and wild lands, but they are familiar with "western" movies, so that name seemed more appropriate. If you mention, "frontier" most will think about a popular cigarette brand.

Wait, I thought the Small World Restaurant was now the Queen of Hearts dining hall? I swear reading so in previous threads.

Look at the video again. The skyway seems to almost pass over the restaurant. It was located to the right side of the attraction, "it's a small world." The "Queen of Hearts" is currently located to the left of IASW.

• Iron-Clad Allie

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn
    That's correct. The ride was between Tomorrowland and Fantasyland. The TL station is now a ticket distribution center, and the FL station plus "Small World "Restaurant" is now "Pooh's Hunny Hunt."

Japanese don't understand the word "frontier" meaning new and wild lands, but they are familiar with "western" movies, so that name seemed more appropriate. If you mention, "frontier" most will think about a popular cigarette brand.
    Holy Smokes! I can certainly see how a good number of the Japanese would have avoided at all costs what they would have misconstrued as "Cigaretteland". That doesn't sound very Disney at all.

Made the mistake of using Westernland in the title as the area in the beginning of the tape appeared kind of woodsy to me, and I didn't see any Fantasyland attractions. Should have investigated further, instead of assuming. TD's Skyway looked to be short, but a whole lot of fun.

Glad that I found this little nougat, and that MiceChatters are enjoying it.

Anywho, I have asked a mod to make the correction. Hope that will occur soon.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by laughingplace.com
    The Small World Restaurant was waning in popularity and would no longer be an appropriate fit for the regeneration of this section of Fantasyland. The removal of this eatery opened up a substantial gap between it's a small world andthe Haunted Mansion.
    This quote from laughingplace.com seems to say that the Small World restaurant used to be between it's a small world and the Haunted Mansion.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast