Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's next?

• Minion FOREVER!

What's next?

We know (and see) ToT and have heard about a new hotel (which is
    under construction?) Heard the rumors for the Monsters, Inc ride.

Is there anything else on the horizon for TDR?

• Sea Creature

Re: What's next?

There is a large chunk of real estate next to Lost River Delta (to the left on maps). It's about the size for a new port, but I kind of feel a new port might throw things off. We'd need new characters to represent the port, and the lobby in Miracosta would be missing a port. I like to just walk in there and gawk, but it would be strange for a port to be left out on the ceiling mural.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Well that area next to LRD is an expansion pad for the future. Also the Snow Queen is coming to TDS and so is a reworking of Sinbad.

Before Monster's Inc there is the Space Mountain refurb which could include new effects...but with Monster's in 08, TDL will be right on track. They only do new rides 3-4 years at this point, but I'm sure TDLFan can attest that they do them big and they do them grand. What will happen after that? Only time will tell.

• Minion FOREVER!

Doomo Arigato, DisneySeaFan, tloolgb!

I didn't know about that area next to LRD! It is pretty large....

• Vehicle rotating backward

Don't forget whatever will replace the Castle Mystery Tour.

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by nish221
    Doomo Arigato, DisneySeaFan, tloolgb!

I didn't know about that area next to LRD! It is pretty large....
    Doitashimashta
    Don't forget whatever will replace the Castle Mystery Tour.
    I'm guessing something similar to the Magic Kingdom restaurant. I am still very sad about that attraction closing, I have baby pictures of myself in there.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan
    There is a large chunk of real estate next to Lost River Delta (to the left on maps). It's about the size for a new port, but I kind of feel a new port might throw things off. We'd need new characters to represent the port, and the lobby in Miracosta would be missing a port. I like to just walk in there and gawk, but it would be strange for a port to be left out on the ceiling mural.
    Well, the lobby does have one extra section which they used to represent the "Spirit of Discovery". If needed, they can replace that with a representation of the new port. That way, all 8 ports will be shown in the 8 sections of the rotunda.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Established 2005

Still think that new port should be Greece. . .with a ride featuring mythical creatures. The Herc characters go there.

Well if the American parks are any indication, I would expect a Finding Nemo area.
    I guess we will see is the OLC agrees with WDC about his popularity.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jrriddle
    Well if the American parks are any indication, I would expect a Finding Nemo area.
    I guess we will see is the OLC agrees with WDC about his popularity.
    Uuughh....one kiddie area is more than enough for a park like DisneySea. Finding Nemo would totally destroy the theme of the entire park, not to mention the park is currently Pixar free. Mermaid Lagoon actually works, not only because it's a pretty sight, but because mermaids are a crucial part of the sea theme. As for fish.....not so much.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    Uuughh....one kiddie area is more than enough for a park like DisneySea. Finding Nemo would totally destroy the theme of the entire park, not to mention the park is currently Pixar free. Mermaid Lagoon actually works, not only because it's a pretty sight, but because mermaids are a crucial part of the sea theme. As for fish.....not so much.
    Don't get me wrong. I was only speculating.
    My vote would be an incredibly detailed Grecian Harbour or a Hero's Harbour from PortDisney.
    My Science Geek vote would be for combination of The Oceana concept from Port Disney combined with the Original Living Seas pavilion from Epcot.

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    Well they could steal Paris's Crush Coaster idea which is really cool I think. That is if the ride is a success. I'm sure the Japanese audience would enjoy something that is decidedly Disney. That's what they enjoy most.

I would love to see blue roofed houses facing the real life ocean in a Greek port, but doubtful, they already have Mediterranean Harbor so they already have European influences.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan
    Doitashimashta
    I'm guessing something similar to the Magic Kingdom restaurant.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity
    Still think that new port should be Greece. . .with a ride featuring mythical creatures. The Herc characters go there.
    I could see that...except Med. Harbor alreay includes ruins and such at one end...to have a Mediterainian themed port far away from the other Med port wouldn't be such great planning.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikInTheCity
    Interesting you write that, here is an excerpt of an email I got from a Disney source in November 2002:

The first new "land" to be added to that park will supposedly be Hercules themed. What surprised me about this proposed plan is that it would reportedly involved building out into the harbor again beyond the resort's monorail beam. The site that supposedly already been surveyed would be between (or out behind) Lost River Delta & Port Discovery. Does that make sense to you?

• Sea Creature

The first new "land" to be added to that park will supposedly be Hercules themed. What surprised me about this proposed plan is that it would reportedly involved building out into the harbor again beyond the resort's monorail beam. The site that supposedly already been surveyed would be between (or out behind) Lost River Delta & Port Discovery. Does that make sense to you?
    Interesting. It could work, I do hope they have explored other options since then. If this is going to happen, it's very far off, it will be a while. The question I have is why build so far out into the harbor? The piece of land is big enough. I've looked at it on google earth and it is pretty big. Probably a little bigger than Port Discovery, including it's water portions.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast