Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Attractions that are worth it, no matter how long the wait

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn
    When "Pooh's Hunny Hunt" opened in September 2000, FastPasses were first distributed a few weeks after it opened. The reason was the extremely long standby lines expected during that time. On the first day, the park opened at 8am. By 8:30am, standby time was 8 HOURS!
    I was there on opening day and the line (without FP) was 4 hours, and I know that because I waited for it. Reason why FP needs to go. Lines are shorter without it.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    I'm not going to be at the park very long. I can't afford a long trip and I want to see a few attractions elsewhere as well. I can't do like I did at WDW and spend all my time riding the local variant of the same ride I know at other parks, just to say I've seen them. So what attractions are absolutely worth the wait no matter how long it is? I'm guessing Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Journey, and ToT are on that list, but what else?
    Then I would advise you not to bother going to TDR. If you do not have at least 2-3 days there, you will miss much. And for the record.. anyone who says TDL is just another "clone" is wrong because, even those attractions that may be found at other parks, do have a higher standard of quality at TDL. Since you have been to the MK countless times, you will immediately see the difference in upkeep and show quality of rides that appear to be "the same". Reason why you should not skip ANYTHING! After all... how am I going to respect your opinions if you do not experience all there is to be done at TDR, especially when you try to attempt to compare with the other disney properties??

< N O T T O B O T H E R G O I N G T O T D R ! ! ! !

< N O W A Y ! ! ! !

... JK

• Banned User

FastPass is a wonderful thing ... who the hell wants to wait in line if you can avoid it?

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Then I would advise you not to bother going to TDR. If you do not have at least 2-3 days there, you will miss much.
    Two days is most certainly doable. I have room in my schedule for part of a third day, too. I would like to avoid a complete three days because at least some of the third day I wanted to have a look around and see some non-Disney attractions. However, I get the feeling that the aspects I find fascinating about Japan (historic feudal-era stuff) is not represented very well in this area. So I would not be suprised to find myself spending part of the day at TDR then too.

• Banned User

I think you *should* spend the third day at TDR since it is the only day you could park hop on a 3-day passport.

• Sea Creature

Two days is most certainly doable. I have room in my schedule for part of a third day, too. I would like to avoid a complete three days because at least some of the third day I wanted to have a look around and see some non-Disney attractions. However, I get the feeling that the aspects I find fascinating about Japan (historic feudal-era stuff) is not represented very well in this area. So I would not be suprised to find myself spending part of the day at TDR then too.
    If you've got two days, you'll be fine. You'll get most of what you want to get done. It would be nice to use the third day to soak it in some more and use it as a safety for attractions. And trust me, the modern Japan is very much worth seeing as well.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    FastPass is a wonderful thing ... who the hell wants to wait in line if you can avoid it?
    I got the impression that by US standards, FastPass is like waiting in TWO lines. The FP lines at TDL appear to be as long as the standby, and of course FP doesn't get you onboard the moment you walk up 90% of the time.

Only proved my point that FP has no benefits when 50% of the people riding will use it.

I think you *should* spend the third day at TDR since it is the only day you could park hop on a 3-day passport.
    I will strongly consider that. I am thankfully able to take this trip because of some graciousness from people at work, otherwise I couldn't afford it, so I need to find some shops where I can bring them some souvenirs that don't make it look like I spent my time at Disney.

• Sea Creature

If you're planning outside of Disney travel, make sure you check out this link:
    http://www.japan-guide.com/
    Click on some of the cities on the left hand side of the page for some attractions and how to get there.

• Banned User

The FastPass lines at the Tokyo Disney Resort are certainly not as long as the standby lines--they function pretty much as they do in the US. Using a FastPass in Tokyo gets you on line in about 15 minutes, and I can't see why anyone would rather wait an hour.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    I can't see why anyone would rather wait an hour.
    Because they are lazy in America, unlike Japan where patience and waiting is a way of living.

I need to find some shops where I can bring them some souvenirs that don't make it look like I spent my time at Disney.
    Go to the 100yen shop. Lots of gadgets and gizmos we all use in everyday life for less than a dollar a piece. Those stores are cheapscakes' heaven, and surprisingly, they have much better quality stuff than that sold in our "Dollar Tree" outlets.

• Sea Creature

Go to the 100yen shop. Lots of gadgets and gizmos we all use in everyday life for less than a dollar a piece. Those stores are cheapscakes' heaven, and surprisingly, they have much better quality stuff than that sold in our "Dollar Tree" outlets.
    Ah yes, my second hometown has the biggest in the world. Five stories of hyaku yen glory!! They have some very high quality stuff there.

• Banned User

Gotta love Japan.. and TDR.

Hey DisneySeaFan... what is it with the spermatozoids spelling "TDS 5th" in your signature??

• Sea Creature

what is it with the spermatozoids
    Hahaha! Never thought of it that way. Do they bother you? Maybe I'll take them out. I wanted to add some extra what shall we say....zing (not that kind) to my signature. They are balloons in celebration of the 5th anniversay.

• Banned User

Oh I see. No they don't bother me.. I am very euro in that regard... (sex matters, nudity, etc) so don't change them on my account.

Two days is most certainly doable. I have room in my schedule for part of a third day, too.
    ... That's sufficient to enjoy both parks.

FYI, Sinbad & SpaceMountain are scheduled for a LOOONG rehab on your itinerary.
    (I am really looking forward to listen to their new soundtracks! )

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast