Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Vehicle rotating backward

Attractions that are worth it, no matter how long the wait

So my trip is more or less hammered out. I've got to start getting everything i need for intenational travel over the next few months.

I'm not going to be at the park very long. I can't afford a long trip and I want to see a few attractions elsewhere as well. I can't do like I did at WDW and spend all my time riding the local variant of the same ride I know at other parks, just to say I've seen them. So what attractions are absolutely worth the wait no matter how long it is? I'm guessing Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Journey, and ToT are on that list, but what else?

• Iron-Clad Allie

Re: Attractions that are worth it, no matter how long the wait

Haunted Mansion Holiday is worth the wait...regardless of the length of to\ime in line. This is the planet's most ingenious and exciting overlay for a classic E-Ticket ride / attraction. The musical score is unearthly. Each year, rad new animatronics and special effects are added.

I'm sure I'll get some moans and groans over this bold statement. But, Hey! The moaners and groaners will be perfect candidates for HM ghosts one of these days.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyMania
    So my trip is more or less hammered out. I've got to start getting everything i need for intenational travel over the next few months.

I'm not going to be at the park very long. I can't afford a long trip and I want to see a few attractions elsewhere as well. I can't do like I did at WDW and spend all my time riding the local variant of the same ride I know at other parks, just to say I've seen them. So what attractions are absolutely worth the wait no matter how long it is? I'm guessing Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Journey, and ToT are on that list, but what else?
    Lucky you. Besides those 3 rides you listed (which are must must rides!), I would say ride StormRider. It's also unique to DisneySea, and unlike most simulators you've ever experience. I would also do their version of Indy, since it does have some major differences from the Anaheim version. Definitely ride TDL's version of Splash Mountain, the best version of Splash Mountain ever! I would also catch Sinbad's Seven Voyages if you have time, as it is also unique to DisneySea
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Sea Creature

How long do you exactly have? If you're visiting both parks, you'll obviously have a full day at each. With that said, you should be able to tackle most of DisneySea and what you want of Disneyland.

It's easy to dash over to Pooh in the morning and grab a fastpass. I don't mind getting it early because I personally never wait over 120 minutes, it's just too much.

Tokyo Disneyland has modified versions of Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain with the former being exceptionally good. If you don't feel like Buzz, don't bother because the lines will be enormous.

You will probably have to make a dash to TOT at DisneySea as it will be newly opened. The last time they had a new ride (Raging Spirits) it ate up some of the other rides lines. I was there two days after opening and the lines for Journey and 20,000 leagues were maxing at about 50 minutes so I had no problems. I would say Indy is a must ride. I mean just take the opportunity to ride it, it's not completely different but it's still a great ride with some new effects and a more elaborate queue.

Just work your fastpasses and have fun!

• Banned User

I would disagree with the other posters about the Indy ride: it does have some different elements, but they aren't as good as the elements that are missing and it's simply not as exciting as the original in Disneyland.

I would say that 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea is a don't miss. There won't be a big line and, if you want to see how a sub ride should really be done (dry for wet, and you won't believe it), this is the one. It's not a thrill ride and doesn't have any thrill elements, but it's a glorious, subtle, and mysterious ride. Every time I go on it I find new things to see in the murky darkness.

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    I would disagree with the other posters about the Indy ride: it does have some different elements, but they aren't as good as the elements that are missing and it's simply not as exciting as the original in Disneyland.
    It's got it's ups and downs so I would put them on equal footing. It's technically superior in most ways, but yes the subtraction of the music in the main room hurts a lot. It's still a very enjoyable attraction that is worth your time if you're going all the way to Tokyo.

"Mermaid Lagoon Theater" & "Mystic Rhythms" are totally unique.
    If you want to experience what you never had in the states, don't miss them!!!

You'd better pass TDL in the circumstances.
    TDL is just a clone with a little bit different touch. Alas their unique Mystery Tour has gone...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by polygonaut
    "Mermaid Lagoon Theater" & "Mystic Rhythms" are totally unique.
    If you want to experience what you never had in the states, don't miss them!!!

You'd better pass TDL in the circumstances.
    TDL is just a clone with a little bit different touch. Alas their unique Mystery Tour has gone...
    But TDL has the unique Pooh's Hunny Hunt! The OP HAS to ride it if they are going all the way to Tokyo!

• Banned User

If you only have one day, this is what I would do:

Blow the extra cash and buy a one-day ticket to both Tokyo Disneyland AND Tokyo DisneySea for the same day.

Get online at the gates at Tokyo Disneyland 30 to 60 minutes before it opens and hit it HARD once the gates roll up. Pooh, Splash, Mansion, Pirates, Mickey Mouse Revue, etc. Use your FastPasses wisely and steadily.

Keep going until 2 pm and then head over to Tokyo DisneySea. Do Journey, 20,000 Leagues, Stormrider, Magic Lamp Theater, Tower of Terror, etc. Keep going, then chill out at a show. Then back at it for another three hours, then head back to Tokyo Disneyland to pick up as much as you can.

It'll hurt, but you see a lot.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    If you only have one day, this is what I would do:

Blow the extra cash and buy a one-day ticket to both Tokyo Disneyland AND Tokyo DisneySea for the same day.

Get online at the gates at Tokyo Disneyland 30 to 60 minutes before it opens and hit it HARD once the gates roll up. Pooh, Splash, Mansion, Pirates, Mickey Mouse Revue, etc. Use your FastPasses wisely and steadily.

Keep going until 2 pm and then head over to Tokyo DisneySea. Do Journey, 20,000 Leagues, Stormrider, Magic Lamp Theater, Tower of Terror, etc. Keep going, then chill out at a show. Then back at it for another three hours, then head back to Tokyo Disneyland to pick up as much as you can.

It'll hurt, but you see a lot.
    I'm wondering just how long the queue will be for the newly opened Tower of Terror, because I'm almost sure that Fastpasses will be out by morning. This will lead to tremendous standby lines that might reach 2-3 hours. I would recommend getting a Fastpass for this as soon as you get to Tokyo DisneySea. If they're all gone for the day, I would still recommend you wait in the standby line. Question is just how long you are willing to wait...

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    But TDL has the unique Pooh's Hunny Hunt! The OP HAS to ride it if they are going all the way to Tokyo!
    Yeah that's right. You can do no better than going to both parks if you have time. It's a major premise .

ToT might not have FP available for a while after opening.

• Minion

^

That might be a bit of a problem if the standby line reaches over 3 hours. In that case, I would suggest riding as many attractions as you can before going to see how long the line is for Tower of Terror. That way, you will at least have ridden most of the E-tickets instead of blowing a large chunk of the day waiting for one ride.

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn
    ToT might not have FP available for a while after opening.
    You don't mean that they're not going to offer them at all? That would be tough. If so, make the mad dash in the morning if you can. If they offer fastpasses, get one, there willl be a line that will probably go into venice, but it will move pretty quickly.

When "Pooh's Hunny Hunt" opened in September 2000, FastPasses were first distributed a few weeks after it opened. The reason was the extremely long standby lines expected during that time. On the first day, the park opened at 8am. By 8:30am, standby time was 8 HOURS!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast