View Poll Results: What is the best attraction at Tokyo DisneySea?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

1 3.57%
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth

20 71.43%
  • Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull

3 10.71%
  • Raging Spirits

0 0%
  • Sindbad's Seven Voyages

1 3.57%
  • StormRider

0 0%
  • Tower of Terror

3 10.71%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Best attraction in Tokyo DisneySea

I guess I should clarify I meant "ART in Disney rides". Technically and artistically speaking in regards to the show. Many kids now a days would quickly give a negative review to a ride like JTTCOTE or others for the simply fact that it would lack "airtime", drops, speed etc etc etc.... instead of giving merit to the full spectrum of things. JTTCOTE delivers in both accounts.

• Banned User

Of course Journey to the Center of the Earth is an E-ticket. Cousin Orville's remark was "snarky" by his own definition.

Of the other rides in the park, Indiana Jones, Stormrider, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (a stupendous update of Disneyland's very first E-Ticket: the subs), are also undeniably E-ticket attractions.

I don't know what Orville finds lacking in the Mysterious Island "land": an incredibly detailed and immersive area, two excellent restaurants, two superb rides, an ODV cart, and a gift shop. Both rides are E-tickets and perfectly themed to the area; Vulcania is a perfect theme-park restaurant; the Nautilus Galley is the best-kept secret in the park--eating Gyoza and drinking beer while looking out over the Nautilus floating in the lake is heaven. What's uninvolving about all of that?

I also think Mermaid Lagoon is equally well done.

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    Of course Journey to the Center of the Earth is an E-ticket. Cousin Orville's remark was "snarky" by his own definition.

Of the other rides in the park, Indiana Jones, Stormrider, and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (a stupendous update of Disneyland's very first E-Ticket: the subs), are also undeniably E-ticket attractions.

I don't know what Orville finds lacking in the Mysterious Island "land": an incredibly detailed and immersive area, two excellent restaurants, two superb rides, an ODV cart, and a gift shop. Both rides are E-tickets and perfectly themed to the area; Vulcania is a perfect theme-park restaurant; the Nautilus Galley is the best-kept secret in the park--eating Gyoza and drinking beer while looking out over the Nautilus floating in the lake is heaven. What's uninvolving about all of that?

As is the whole park. It simply can't be beat atmosphere wise.

• Minion

Mysterious Island is my favorite "land" of all time. It's always the first area I head to as soon as I enter Tokyo DisneySea, and I'm not the only one. Almost all of the guests run towards this part of the park immediately after park opening, presumably for Journey to the Center of the Earth.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Because until September 4th of this year there have been no rides in the American Waterfront section of the park, there has been nothing to draw visitors to the left as they enter. That will change with the opening of Tower of Terror and you'll rapidly seen an entirely new traffic pattern develop in the park.

• Minion

Because until September 4th of this year there have been no rides in the American Waterfront section of the park, there has been nothing to draw visitors to the left as they enter. That will change with the opening of Tower of Terror and you'll rapidly seen an entirely new traffic pattern develop in the park.
    I'm pretty sure that's exactly what will happen after Tower of Terror's opening. There's no doubt that it will draw lots of visitors away from Mysterious Island, therefore shortening lines for Journey to the Center of the Earth and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I'm pretty sure that's what happened when Raging Spirits opened too.

The only question is: how long will this pattern stay? I'm pretty sure that after all the hype dies down (and it will eventually), guests will start heading back to Mysterious Island first. The good thing about going to Mysterious Island first is that it gives you a wider option to choose from after riding Journey to the Center of the Earth & 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. It's the only section of Tokyo DisneySea that leads to most of the other ports. You can easily navigate (by walking) from Mysterious Island to Port Discovery or Lost River Delta. Using this option allows you to hit multiple E-tickets within a short time period as opposed to only one E-ticket via the American Waterfront route. It's quite a ways from American Waterfront to any other port besides Mediterranean Harbor. Sure you can take the DisneySea Electric Railway to Port Discovery, but that depends on how long lines are that particular day.

Just a nitpick, but the "Big City Vehicles" and "DisneySea Electric Railway" ride attractions have been there since opening day.

Back to your regularly scheduled program.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Joe's right plus you got all the shows like Big Band Beat & Over the Waves in that area of the park so plenty of stuff to lure guest over already but then again nothing is going to have the same impact as the TOT.But here's a interesting bit of debate for you what happens if the Japanese don't warm to the TOT and it doesn't take off!!

Thats a lot of money OLC just spent down the drain,and before people say it won't happen just look at DCA.The purpose of the TOT is to lure more people into TDS will it happen,we all assume it will be a suscess but who knows for sure

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    Joe's right plus you got all the shows like Big Band Beat & Over the Waves in that area of the park so plenty of stuff to lure guest over already but then again nothing is going to have the same impact as the TOT.But here's a interesting bit of debate for you what happens if the Japanese don't warm to the TOT and it doesn't take off!!

Thats a lot of money OLC just spent down the drain,and before people say it won't happen just look at DCA.The purpose of the TOT is to lure more people into TDS will it happen,we all assume it will be a suscess but who knows for sure
    They need great tv commercials, as they usually do. I sure hope it draws people in.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Malin

I am very certain that Tower of Terror will be a huge hit, very much like when Pooh's Hunny Hunt first opened. I always wonder why DCA's Tower of Terror failed to attract more guests....

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    I am very certain that Tower of Terror will be a huge hit, very much like when Pooh's Hunny Hunt first opened. I always wonder why DCA's Tower of Terror failed to attract more guests....
    Oh I don't think it will be THAT big. I suspect the first month will be madness but it will die down. I do hope it's a hit though.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan
    Oh I don't think it will be THAT big. I suspect the first month will be madness but it will die down. I do hope it's a hit though.
    Perhaps I overexaggerated it a bit. Pooh's Hunny Hunt was such a huge hit because it had never been done before, and it because it was the first major ride for Tokyo Disneyland in nearly 10 years. I'm pretty sure it was pure chaos for months following Tokyo DisneySea's opening. I read reports that the wait time for Journey to the Center of the Earth peaked at 5 hours!

Like Pooh's Hunny Hunt, Journey to the Center of the Earth was a huge hit with the Japanese and has remained the most popular attraction in Tokyo DisneySea for now.

Actually the first week of TDS's opening was rather "weak."

Everyone thought it would be crowded and that drove off people to wait.

The there were a number of typhoon warnings, scaring off more folks.

And exactly one week after TDS opened, the World Trade Center attacks. People were not exactly in the mood to go to the Parks, even in Japan.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn
    Actually the first week of TDS's opening was rather "weak."

Everyone thought it would be crowded and that drove off people to wait.

The there were a number of typhoon warnings, scaring off more folks.

And exactly one week after TDS opened, the World Trade Center attacks. People were not exactly in the mood to go to the Parks, even in Japan.
    That's right, I almost forgot about 9/11. The reports I read must have been from the months following park opening.

• Banned User

AS a side note TDR_Fan... you should know that after my calling the CM's attention to this little matter with JTTCOTE last month, the problem has been fixed. Check these photos:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast