View Poll Results: What is the best attraction at Tokyo DisneySea?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

1 3.57%
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth

20 71.43%
  • Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull

3 10.71%
  • Raging Spirits

0 0%
  • Sindbad's Seven Voyages

1 3.57%
  • StormRider

0 0%
  • Tower of Terror

3 10.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Best attraction in Tokyo DisneySea

Unfortunately, the errors in some Tower of Terror props still have not been fixed.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    AS a side note TDR_Fan... you should know that after my calling the CM's attention to this little matter with JTTCOTE last month, the problem has been fixed. Check these photos:

Oh my god, thank you so much! This proves that feedback from guests do get attention from higher people!
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 08-28-2006 at 04:48 PM. Reason: Typo
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    Unfortunately, the errors in some Tower of Terror props still have not been fixed.
    Oh! Do tell!! which ones? I was too busy having a heart attack enjoying such fabulous surroundings, I missed any mispellings or such.

Yes, in some of the information cards pinned next to the international newspaper headlines, they read: "SHARIKI UTUNDU" but should be "SHIRIKI". It's a goof by the NYC Preservation Society.

But a Disney props goof can be found on the dates of those same newspaper headlines. Do you notice that the European newspapers report the disappearance story on January 1st? They wouldn't have gotten the story until AFTER the morning run of the papers that morning.

Sorry, it's a geek thing.

I'd have to say Journey cause it just rocks!!!, If Indy wasn't CLOSED FOR MAINTNANCE the only time i've been, i might be saying that, Or if not any of them, probably Storm Rider

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Grimezy View Post
    I'd have to say Journey cause it just rocks!!!, If Indy wasn't CLOSED FOR MAINTNANCE the only time i've been, i might be saying that, Or if not any of them, probably Storm Rider

You can compare Journey to the Center of the Earth to Disneyland's Indy if you've been on it because the one at Tokyo DisneySea is very similar, give or take a few different effects.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Interesting...I thought the show scenes were very impressive. Journey has arguably the most detailed sets of any ride I've ever seen. When you first enter the Crystal Caverns, you are instantly transported into another world. This part of the ride was so beautiful and wonderful that it really took my breath away; it truly was a magnificent feast for all senses. The feeling was so intense, it gave me chills. ...

I apologize if I'm sounding like I'm arguing....I'm just saying why I think Journey is the best ride. Feel free to counter with your opinions.
    I have to say, I sort of agree with Cousin Orville here. Don't get me wrong- I thought Journey was amazing (especially the more that I rode it), but after I got off the first time a was a bit dissapointed. Now I think a lot of it comes from the incredible hype it recieves on the Internet- it's just SOOO positive. And it deserves a ton of positive hype, I just feel that people describe in such a way that no theme park ride can live up to. For example, TDR_Fan, you just said that the Crystal Caverns part of Journey "truly was a magnificent feast for all senses." Really? I'll give you sight and sound, but what about the other senses? I can't recall it smelling amazing. Or tasting just like a Crystal Cavern should. Whatever that would be. Or touch- did the sets feel amazing? Now you may say I'm just nitpicking, and I am, but I think it's an example of the kind of praise JTTCOTE recieves on-line that just adds to the unfair hype. When you read those kinds of remarks, you are bound to be dissapointed, no matter how good the attraction is.
    My other thing is that I do think the ride has a slightly rushed ending. The escape portion is just winding up in a circle in pitch dark for a while, then blasting out the volcano (which is awesome). First off, the shortness of the uphill climb really jarred me from the illusion. I thought we were in the center of the earth- the amazing queue and terravators do a great job of immersing you in the illusion that you are way, way underground- passing through layers of rock and magma and what not. How come it takes basically 10 seconds of a not-so-steep uphill climb to get all the way from the center of the earth to the top of the volcano? The amount we climber seems like it would take us about from ground level to the top of the volcano, without even thinking about underground, let alone the center of the earth. It just really took me out of the illusion, though maybe I'm the only one. And also, the climb was so one-dimensional- I was sort of expecting the escape to the surface to be as detailed as the rest, and a major part of the experience. How about racing through magma caverns? Hitting a dead end and having to find an alternate route? Or maybe "smash" through "solid" rock? An encounter with some subterranean creatures bent on hindering our escape. Or even just some detail on the walls that suggest we are climbing to the top? Right now it's just blackness (with some lights dotting the path that seem sort of like those lights at movie theaters to help you find your way out in the dark- which seem very out of place) It just seems like a sort of unsatisfactory ending to an AMAZING set-up.

Please, don't take this as me hating Journey- I still think it's a wondeful attraction. I just don't see it as the slam-dunk, A+, flawless perfection that everyone else seems to see.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy View Post
    I have to say, I sort of agree with Cousin Orville here. Don't get me wrong- I thought Journey was amazing (especially the more that I rode it), but after I got off the first time a was a bit dissapointed. Now I think a lot of it comes from the incredible hype it recieves on the Internet- it's just SOOO positive. And it deserves a ton of positive hype, I just feel that people describe in such a way that no theme park ride can live up to. For example, TDR_Fan, you just said that the Crystal Caverns part of Journey "truly was a magnificent feast for all senses." Really? I'll give you sight and sound, but what about the other senses? I can't recall it smelling amazing. Or tasting just like a Crystal Cavern should. Whatever that would be. Or touch- did the sets feel amazing? Now you may say I'm just nitpicking, and I am, but I think it's an example of the kind of praise JTTCOTE recieves on-line that just adds to the unfair hype. When you read those kinds of remarks, you are bound to be dissapointed, no matter how good the attraction is.
    My other thing is that I do think the ride has a slightly rushed ending. The escape portion is just winding up in a circle in pitch dark for a while, then blasting out the volcano (which is awesome). First off, the shortness of the uphill climb really jarred me from the illusion. I thought we were in the center of the earth- the amazing queue and terravators do a great job of immersing you in the illusion that you are way, way underground- passing through layers of rock and magma and what not. How come it takes basically 10 seconds of a not-so-steep uphill climb to get all the way from the center of the earth to the top of the volcano? The amount we climber seems like it would take us about from ground level to the top of the volcano, without even thinking about underground, let alone the center of the earth. It just really took me out of the illusion, though maybe I'm the only one. And also, the climb was so one-dimensional- I was sort of expecting the escape to the surface to be as detailed as the rest, and a major part of the experience. How about racing through magma caverns? Hitting a dead end and having to find an alternate route? Or maybe "smash" through "solid" rock? An encounter with some subterranean creatures bent on hindering our escape. Or even just some detail on the walls that suggest we are climbing to the top? Right now it's just blackness (with some lights dotting the path that seem sort of like those lights at movie theaters to help you find your way out in the dark- which seem very out of place) It just seems like a sort of unsatisfactory ending to an AMAZING set-up.

Please, don't take this as me hating Journey- I still think it's a wondeful attraction. I just don't see it as the slam-dunk, A+, flawless perfection that everyone else seems to see.
    Journey to the Center of the Earth could definitely be improved but for now, it's still the best attraction at Tokyo DisneySea. All the ideas you stated above would be perfect for a future refurb, and definitely push it above all other attraction (even though I already think it's fantastic). Don't forget, part of the reason it receives so much praise is because of the phenomenal theming both in the queue and the attraction itself.

It seems all the shining reviews came from people who judged the overall experience of the attraction, which starts in the massive cavern that serves as its entrance area. Even the Fastpass machines are unbelievably themed, and fit the storyline perfectly. I think its theming is the major reason it deserves the A++ rating. The whole package is simply perfect and flawless in my opinion. All the detail and hard work poured into Journey to the Center of the Earth's queue was obviously meant to be appreciated as part of the attraction itself.
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 08-29-2006 at 03:59 PM.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by grvtydefy View Post
    For example, TDR_Fan, you just said that the Crystal Caverns part of Journey "truly was a magnificent feast for all senses." Really? I'll give you sight and sound, but what about the other senses? I can't recall it smelling amazing. Or tasting just like a Crystal Cavern should. Whatever that would be. Or touch- did the sets feel amazing?
    I may have exaggerated it a bit. I meant that the overall experience was "magnificent feast for all senses" except for taste of course, unless you count the taste of chilled mineral water in the burnt water fountains deep in the queue. Anyways, you can hear the majestic score playing in the background (as well as the sounds of drilling and pickaxes), smell the rusty patina, feel the hot walls of the terravator and the fireball in your face during the magma monster, and see all types of wonderful sights everywhere, especially in the Crystal Caverns.
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 09-05-2006 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Added a statement

• Down Under without Nemo..

I should start off by saying that this is very hard - you can't really compare the rides, as they all have different styles and conveyance methods etc... Not an easy thing to do.

If I had to vote, I would vote Journey for a number of reasons:
    • No other Disney Park in the world has a ride anything like it. (Test Track doesn't count as it's not an immersive fantasy adventure, although I really believed I was in a car factory.) Totally unique gets extra points straight away.
    • Out of all the attractions, this was the one that I had most anticipated, based on all my research on the boards and other sites. This also seems to be the opinion of a number of people I have discussed it with.
    • Of all the attractions, (in my experience) this one seems to get the most people doing the "morning run" for fastpasses.
    • The themeing and detail are incredibly immersive - we constantly didn't know where to look next !
    • It's a ride that works well without a knowledge of Japanese. There is not much about the plot that you can't guess based on what happens to you. This is where I think this one wins out slightly over 20K (or even tower, I suppose, but I haven't ridden that one yet...)
    • do not read this if you haven't been on it yet:
      Spoiler
      It's a total Head-trip when you discover your terravator was actually going up instead of down !
    • It has a great rush at the end, plus the fun of a dark-ride - and a well executed one, at that. Plenty of thrills
      Spoiler
      (I nearly hit the roof when the lightening went off)
      and something that I personally find totally re-rideable.
    • Unique to any Disney Park, richly themed, scored, concieved, realised & popular with most guests (I couldn't believe the number of pension aged japanese going on it ! ) - it gets my #1 vote. I will reconsider after having been on Tower.
    DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

BTW: Lashstoat (my partner) said that Journey and Indy are equal first for him. When pressed to only choose one, he prefers Indiana Jones, because although it's only 20 seconds longer than Journey, it seems to have more happening during it.
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by lashbear View Post
    I should start off by saying that this is very hard - you can't really compare the rides, as they all have different styles and conveyance methods etc... Not an easy thing to do.

If I had to vote, I would vote Journey for a number of reasons:
    • No other Disney Park in the world has a ride anything like it. (Test Track doesn't count as it's not an immersive fantasy adventure, although I really believed I was in a car factory.) Totally unique gets extra points straight away.
    • Out of all the attractions, this was the one that I had most anticipated, based on all my research on the boards and other sites. This also seems to be the opinion of a number of people I have discussed it with.
    • Of all the attractions, (in my experience) this one seems to get the most people doing the "morning run" for fastpasses.
    • The themeing and detail are incredibly immersive - we constantly didn't know where to look next !
    • It's a ride that works well without a knowledge of Japanese. There is not much about the plot that you can't guess based on what happens to you. This is where I think this one wins out slightly over 20K (or even tower, I suppose, but I haven't ridden that one yet...)
    • do not read this if you haven't been on it yet:
      Spoiler
      It's a total Head-trip when you discover your terravator was actually going up instead of down !
    • It has a great rush at the end, plus the fun of a dark-ride - and a well executed one, at that. Plenty of thrills
      Spoiler
      (I nearly hit the roof when the lightening went off)
      and something that I personally find totally re-rideable.
    • Unique to any Disney Park, richly themed, scored, concieved, realised & popular with most guests (I couldn't believe the number of pension aged japanese going on it ! ) - it gets my #1 vote. I will reconsider after having been on Tower.
    Excellent statements! I really enjoyed reading it.

• Minion

BTW: Lashstoat (my partner) said that Journey and Indy are equal first for him. When pressed to only choose one, he prefers Indiana Jones, because although it's only 20 seconds longer than Journey, it seems to have more happening during it.
    I think the only reason Indy doesn't win my vote for the best attraction is because it's not unique and because it whisks you past each scene so quickly without giving you time to enjoy the details. To add to that, the only impressive show scenes for me were the first chamber/hallway, tunnel of torment (electricity on walls), main chamber, darts, and rolling boulder. Everything else seemed average to me, and not really the "wow" that each of JttCotE's scenes deliver.

Uniqueness is a big plus - That's why I love Sinbad & Aquatopia too - (and Pooh in TDL) although quite tame, you can't find them in any other Disney park !
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

• Minion

Uniqueness is a big plus - That's why I love Sinbad & Aquatopia too - (and Pooh in TDL) although quite tame, you can't find them in any other Disney park !
    Definitely. I can't even begin to describe how I felt when I first rode Journey, Pooh's Hunny Hunt, or 20,000 Leagues (though similar in format to previous sub rides). The feeling of knowing it's unique added to the fact that you've never experienced anything like this is just out of this world!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123