View Poll Results: What is the best attraction at Tokyo DisneySea?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

1 3.57%
  • Journey to the Center of the Earth

20 71.43%
  • Indiana Jones Adventure: Temple of the Crystal Skull

3 10.71%
  • Raging Spirits

0 0%
  • Sindbad's Seven Voyages

1 3.57%
  • StormRider

0 0%
  • Tower of Terror

3 10.71%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Minion

Question Best attraction in Tokyo DisneySea

Just for a little excitement, which of the above (in your opinion) deserves the award of the best attraction at Tokyo DisneySea? Feel free to state your reasons, as I would love to hear why.

Note that Tower of Terror is on the poll. Vote for it ONLY after you've experienced it, since it's opening in about 2 weeks anyways. Well...have fun!

You may also have noticed that only E-ticket attractions are listed; this is to reduce the amount of choices.
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 08-18-2006 at 03:16 AM.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• All you need is LOVE

Re: Best attraction in Tokyo DisneySea

I wish to go there one day

• Minion FOREVER!

Hey, you can't put up ToT yet!

I don't think even Joe's ridden on it yet.... :-)

I think only some OLC/TDR execs/WDI/people working on the ride have
    ridden on it.

Anyway, from some of the descriptions that I've heard, it really
    could be the best of the lot! (yes, surpassing all the other ToTs!)
    But we'll believe that when we get the first reports! ^_^

CM's are already doing previews this week. ;-)

• Iron-Clad Allie

Unique and fun adaptation of Test Track technology, with respect to it's ride system. Some of the most lavish and immersive theming on the planet!
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

• Santa Barbara, CA

IMHO....This poll confirms to me (and likely no one else) that TDS for all it's rave reviews is all detail and awesome environment with E ticket attractions falling short of their potential (Journey is still a D+to me, but the poll shows otherwise). When i went there, TDS felt like an amazing movie studio backlot that you haven't seen most the films they hail from. It didn't feel emotionally relevant (i.e. the fortress) just well done. Great Sets without the emotional rush of stepping into that movie you loved. (there are exceptions like Vulcania, but nothing like what you feel at a MK). If TOT is by far the highest rated ride (and most of the posters have not ridden it at TDS) that says alot about the other attrax.

Just a snarky opinion.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    IMHO....This poll confirms to me (and likely no one else) that TDS for all it's rave reviews is all detail and awesome environment with E ticket attractions falling short of their potential (Journey is still a D+to me, but the poll shows otherwise). When i went there, TDS felt like an amazing movie studio backlot that you haven't seen most the films they hail from. It didn't feel emotionally relevant (i.e. the fortress) just well done. Great Sets without the emotional rush of stepping into that movie you loved. (there are exceptions like Vulcania, but nothing like what you feel at a MK). If TOT is by far the highest rated ride (and most of the posters have not ridden it at TDS) that says alot about the other attrax.

Just a snarky opinion.
    I doubt Tower of Terror will be. It's supposed to be based on the one at DCA, and I felt Journey was a far superior ride. Interesting you feel Journey to be a D+, I thought all of its qualities definitely gave it E-ticket status. Don't forget....the queue and preshow are just as important as the ride itself, and Journey has the most detailed queue ever. Even more elaborate than Indy's. If Test Track or Indy are E-tickets, Journey most certainly is one. IMO, Journey to the Center of the Earth is THE MOST immersive and detailed ride ever created, and does not disappoint. I would be happy to hear why you didn't think it lived up to the hype though....
    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 08-18-2006 at 09:16 AM.

• Sea Creature

Journey to the Center of the Earth disconnects me from the real world more than any other ride I've ever been on. It is probably the most immersive attraction ever so it takes the cake as the best ride in DisneySea.

As for TOT soft openings start soon. Ah! Where's money when I need it??!

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan
    If Test Track or Indy are E-tickets, Journey most certainly is one. IMO, Journey to the Center of the Earth is THE MOST immersive and detailed ride ever created, and does not disappoint. I would be happy to hear why you didn't think it lived up to the hype though....
    Thanks. I thought it was lots of tease not not much "wow" for the buildup. I agree on the queue detail, but didn't think it was that impressive and the thrill part wasn't that exciting either. Like "King Kong" at Universal, it was a "one note", "one moment" attraction to me. To be honest with you, I voted for Tower as a default as I didn't like most of the TDS attractions. I guess in retrospect, Indy would have been a better choice, given the shorter edited Tower. I was giving the TOT exterior and queue lots of props. Oh well, that's my two yen, I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I'll post my answer in a months time

So who plans to be at TDS on the 4th,and please please if you are going why not post a report for those of us not able to attend

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Malin
    I'll post my answer in a months time

So who plans to be at TDS on the 4th,and please please if you are going why not post a report for those of us not able to attend
    I am desperately trying to arrange my schedule to be there bright and early the morning of the 4th... but chances are I won't be able to attend... Will know for sure later this month. But in the meantime... I will be at WDW tomorrow, DLP on the 22nd, and back to TDR on the 26th...as of now.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    Thanks. I thought it was lots of tease not not much "wow" for the buildup. I agree on the queue detail, but didn't think it was that impressive and the thrill part wasn't that exciting either. Like "King Kong" at Universal, it was a "one note", "one moment" attraction to me. To be honest with you, I voted for Tower as a default as I didn't like most of the TDS attractions. I guess in retrospect, Indy would have been a better choice, given the shorter edited Tower. I was giving the TOT exterior and queue lots of props. Oh well, that's my two yen, I'm glad you enjoyed it!!!
    Interesting...I thought the show scenes were very impressive. Journey has arguably the most detailed sets of any ride I've ever seen. When you first enter the Crystal Caverns, you are instantly transported into another world. This part of the ride was so beautiful and wonderful that it really took my breath away; it truly was a magnificent feast for all senses. The feeling was so intense, it gave me chills. One of the main reasons I love Journey so much is because of the high re-ride factor. You can easily ride it dozens and dozens of times, and STILL see something new each time. Journey is a work of artistic and creative beauty, mixed with the thrills of a rollercoaster.....how can it fail?

You didn't think it was thrilling? I would put it as the most intense/thrilling ride in Tokyo DisneySea at the moment; Tower of Terror will probably be more intense. I definitely think Journey has more thrills than Indy. Indy never has any real thrills, except the rolling boulder. But even that doesn't give you airtime, unlike Journey. Maybe it's because I hate too much airtime that I think Journey is plenty thrilling enough. That's another advantage for Journey. It has all the thrills one could want without limiting it to any one age group. IMO, Journey is one of the greatest rides ever created by Imagineers. I honestly can't see how Indy or ToT can be better; one doesn't have enough "wow" scenes and the other has too few. To sum up, "Journey to the Center of the Earth combines an innovative (and refined) ride system with incredibly intricate detailing, and a great premise".

I apologize if I'm sounding like I'm arguing....I'm just saying why I think Journey is the best ride. Feel free to counter with your opinions.

• Banned User

No need to apologize for your opinion. I happen to agree with you about JTTCOTE... Simple an amazing experience, and anyone who disagrees simply does not have what it takes to appreciate art.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    No need to apologize for your opinion. I happen to agree with you about JTTCOTE... Simple an amazing experience, and anyone who disagrees simply does not have what it takes to appreciate art.
    There is no doubt in my mind that Journey to the Center of the Earth is the most beautiful and elaborate attraction ever created. Sure some may be more "technologically advanced", but none provide a better experience than Journey to the Center of the Earth in my opinion.

Seriously, I REALLY would like to hear one good reason why Journey is not the best besides, "It's too short". Be more specific, as many E-tickets are short. At 3 minutes, I wouldn't exactly call Journey "short". Tower of Terror is just over 2 minutes, and it's a true E-ticket. Using that logic, Journey should easily be ranked above it. It has the most "wow" out of any attraction I've been on, and that includes Pooh's Hunny Hunt AND Spiderman at IOA!

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    LMAO. I "appreciated" lots of Art but wasn't that entertained. What is your appreciation of Art? Leroy Neiman? The Franklin Mint? Hot Wheels?

Alas..Maybe you're right, let's get those who CAN appreciate Art. Let's send the curators of MOMA and the Guggenheim over to TDS right away, I'm sure they'd be moving their Pollacks and Warhols to the basement to make room to exhibit those big Plastic Crystals and Mushrooms from Journey.

Just because I disagree does not make me artistically numb, in fact, Art should move you, and this so called "work of art" was pretty and detailed but not that entertaining to me. You love it. Fine. That's the way "Art" is, it effects each person differently. Just a little "Art" lesson.

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast