Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Moon and New York City.
    Posts
    689

    Tiki Room: Get the Fever..questions

    I was reading about Tokyo Disneyland, and read about their Tiki Room and how its different. Called "Get the Fever", is it kind of like the one at WDW or different then the originally completely. Has anybody seen it..is there any audio of it up online or a video to see differences than the American versions...

  2. #2

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    373

    Re: Tiki Room: Get the Fever..questions

    Quite a bit of the audio is available on the official Tokyo Disneyland CD, which you can buy on amazon.com here, for $38:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...588037?ie=UTF8

    Yes, it's expensive, but it costs a lot less than buying a plane ticket!

    This is the track listing according to Amazon, but it's not really accurate.
    1. Overture, Heigh-Ho,Whistle While You Work, Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee 2. All In The Golden Afternoon, So This Is Love, Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah 3. Casey Jr. 4. Grim Grinining Ghost 5. You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly! 6. It's A Small World 7. Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee 8. Yo-Ho 9. In The Summertime 10. Bear And Band Serenade 11. Meet The World 12. Chim Chim Cher-Ee 13. It's A Small World 14. Droids Rooms 15. Everybody Has A Laughing Place 16. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah 17. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin Ride-Through 18. Minnie's Yoo Hoo! 19. Mickie's Answering Machine 20. Puppy Love 21. Minnie's Answering Machine 22. Thru The Mirror 23. Rumbly In My Tumbly
    Number 9, "In the Summertime," is the Tiki Room show. Other music includes the Buster Poindexter hit "Hot Hot Hot" and "I Wanna Be Like You" from Jungle Book.

    You're better off ordering from amazon in Japan, here, where it's about $22:

    http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/richpub/l...118749-8199425

    You will see that the top album is the one, but look at all the other CDs from the Tokyo Disney Resort! If you can get your "Order with 1-Click" working on the Japanese site, then it's pretty easy to buy this stuff. (Do this by establishing a 1-Click account on the US site. Then when you go to purchase on the Japanese site, find the "Sign-In to Order with 1-Click" button, which will be in the same location it is on the US site: just below the button to add the item to your shopping cart.) By using 1-click, you don't have to worry about having to read Japanese on subsequent pages when ordering.

    Now, to your larger question, the show is extremely odd. I thought it was weak, very weak, and the Japanese must agree since I have never seen more than a few people in the show. It's kind of embarrassing because there's usually a cast member trying desperately to get people clapping and involved during the show and people just sit there.

    The entire show is in Japanese, however English-language tracks do exist--I've heard them. The show is no better in English.

  3. #3

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,122

    Re: Tiki Room: Get the Fever..questions

    I'll have to disagree there Mara. The last two times I was at Disneyland Park's Tiki Room, I almost fell asleep. I used to love that attraction growing up. I guess I became used to TDL's version with their choice of soundtrack.

  4. #4

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,633

    Re: Tiki Room: Get the Fever..questions

    Anything is better than what we have in Orlando.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    The Moon and New York City.
    Posts
    689

    Re: Tiki Room: Get the Fever..questions

    Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    Quite a bit of the audio is available on the official Tokyo Disneyland CD, which you can buy on amazon.com here, for $38:

    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...588037?ie=UTF8

    Yes, it's expensive, but it costs a lot less than buying a plane ticket!

    This is the track listing according to Amazon, but it's not really accurate.
    1. Overture, Heigh-Ho,Whistle While You Work, Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee 2. All In The Golden Afternoon, So This Is Love, Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah 3. Casey Jr. 4. Grim Grinining Ghost 5. You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly! 6. It's A Small World 7. Hi-Diddle-Dee-Dee 8. Yo-Ho 9. In The Summertime 10. Bear And Band Serenade 11. Meet The World 12. Chim Chim Cher-Ee 13. It's A Small World 14. Droids Rooms 15. Everybody Has A Laughing Place 16. Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah 17. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin Ride-Through 18. Minnie's Yoo Hoo! 19. Mickie's Answering Machine 20. Puppy Love 21. Minnie's Answering Machine 22. Thru The Mirror 23. Rumbly In My Tumbly
    Number 9, "In the Summertime," is the Tiki Room show. Other music includes the Buster Poindexter hit "Hot Hot Hot" and "I Wanna Be Like You" from Jungle Book.

    You're better off ordering from amazon in Japan, here, where it's about $22:

    http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/richpub/l...118749-8199425

    You will see that the top album is the one, but look at all the other CDs from the Tokyo Disney Resort! If you can get your "Order with 1-Click" working on the Japanese site, then it's pretty easy to buy this stuff. (Do this by establishing a 1-Click account on the US site. Then when you go to purchase on the Japanese site, find the "Sign-In to Order with 1-Click" button, which will be in the same location it is on the US site: just below the button to add the item to your shopping cart.) By using 1-click, you don't have to worry about having to read Japanese on subsequent pages when ordering.

    Now, to your larger question, the show is extremely odd. I thought it was weak, very weak, and the Japanese must agree since I have never seen more than a few people in the show. It's kind of embarrassing because there's usually a cast member trying desperately to get people clapping and involved during the show and people just sit there.

    The entire show is in Japanese, however English-language tracks do exist--I've heard them. The show is no better in English.
    Thanks for all the information. I guess changes to the Tiki Room aren't popular anywhere

  6. #6

    • Jerm is Food...Not Friend
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    About 5 min from where the Magic really started
    Posts
    911

    Re: Tiki Room: Get the Fever..questions

    Quote Originally Posted by aimster
    Anything is better than what we have in Orlando.
    No trust me!!! This show is not better then Fl. I like the one at MK love the one here at DL but HATE the one at TDL. Atleast the one at MK has some of the stuff from the real show. Get the Fever turned all the birds into lounge singers...it is REALLY bad!!!!

    J
    Kungaloosh!

    *END OF LINE*

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Tiki Room: Get the Fever..questions

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm
    No trust me!!! This show is not better then Fl. I like the one at MK love the one here at DL but HATE the one at TDL. Atleast the one at MK has some of the stuff from the real show. Get the Fever turned all the birds into lounge singers...it is REALLY bad!!!!

    J
    It's only a matter of opinions here. Mine? I do not care for the MK's version either.

  8. #8

    • Senior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Washington
    Posts
    2,872

    Re: Tiki Room: Get the Fever..questions

    is anything else different about the presentation besides soundtrack? I"m not sure what would make the one show supperior to the other

    I know that MK's isn't so great with the Under New Management thing though

  9. #9

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: Tiki Room: Get the Fever..questions

    It's a different show with a different type of vibe. It gives me "Fever"...

  10. #10

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: Tiki Room: Get the Fever..questions

    Something about Pimped out Tiki Birds seems fun to me.

  11. #11

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    373

    Re: Tiki Room: Get the Fever..questions

    Trust me. There's nothing fun about it.
    It's dumb.
    And if you don't like the show in Florida, then you'll really dislike the Tokyo show. At least the Florida show keeps the original identities of the four main birds and adds others to the show. The show in Tokyo does away with almost everything from the original show and it's just a horror.

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,122

    Re: Tiki Room: Get the Fever..questions

    Yikes! Tell us how you really feel, Mara. Hahahaha.

  13. #13

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    373

    Re: Tiki Room: Get the Fever..questions

    Hey Joe, how come you're not at DisneySea on the Tower of Terror today for the soft opening?

  14. #14

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,122

    Re: Tiki Room: Get the Fever..questions

    Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara
    Hey Joe, how come you're not at DisneySea on the Tower of Terror today for the soft opening?
    Well, there's this little thing called "working for a living" which I happen to be doing today. How I wish I could have been there today. However, I already had my summer break a week earlier, and due to scheduling, I could not take the day off from work today. However, I'll be there tomorrow and hopefully I'll get a few chances to ride it and film it. Wish me luck.

  15. #15

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: Tiki Room: Get the Fever..questions

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeInJpn
    Well, there's this little thing called "working for a living" which I happen to be doing today. How I wish I could have been there today. However, I already had my summer break a week earlier, and due to scheduling, I could not take the day off from work today. However, I'll be there tomorrow and hopefully I'll get a few chances to ride it and film it. Wish me luck.
    I thought the Japanese strictly prohibited any kind of filming/flash photography, especially on Tower of Terror. Not that I don't want you to, I'll be glad to see a on ride video. Well, good luck!
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] Tiki Room "Get The Fever"....in ENGLISH!
    By J.E.Smith in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-26-2008, 01:17 PM
  2. [Question] Stitch Tiki Room translation questions
    By J.E.Smith in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-23-2008, 10:55 AM
  3. Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room Song Question.......
    By PLAZAINN1 in forum Yesterland
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-03-2008, 10:56 AM
  4. Enchanted Tiki Room, Get the Fever
    By Malin in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-14-2008, 08:00 AM
  5. Trading Credits for Tiki Room Opens and Tangaroa Tiki pin.
    By Mihawk in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-03-2007, 06:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •