Thread: Pooh Question

• Official Mice Chat person

Pooh Question

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I have a question about the Winnie the Pooh ride at TDLR. How do the trackless vehicles get power? I can't imagine batteries lasting all day...

Re: Pooh Question

When the Hunny Pots approach the boarding platform, they are guided by railings on the sides. These railings re-charge the battery, similar to an electric third rail in many subway trains.

So, the Hunny Pot ends one ride-through and approaches the platform, re-charging starts. Guests are dropped off and Hunny Pot moves forward to boarding area, re-charging continues. Guests board and then sent off to begin a new ridethrough. Re-charging ends.

• Minion

I have a question about the ride sequence:

Do the vehicles follow the same track every ride, and does the program you get depend on which of the 3 vehicles you enter? I always seem to get a closer look at Eeyore when I get put into one of them (can't remember which), and only a few times did I get blasted with that smoke from the cannon. And only once did I get a different image projected on the mirror.

Oh, and more thing I noticed....
    Out of many rides, I noticed that all the vehicles always stall or stop completely in the "Heffalumps and Woozles" room for about 20 seconds a little while after they first enter this room. I noticed that they only freeze when new vehicles are about to put into this scene. Is this because they're are putting 3 new vehicles in the room too quickly and messing up the programming?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Minion

I remember hearing someone say that the OLC (as well as Japanese guests) do not think of Pooh's Hunny Hunt as an E-ticket, but more closer to a D-ticket! This just made my jaw drop....do the Japanese really have such high standards that even Pooh's Hunny Hunt is considered a D-ticket? By the way, I was told they like their rides to be very elaborate and detailed (definition: high quality).

Unbelievable....

• Banned User

It wouldn't have such a long line, and the FastPasses wouldn't be gone so quickly, if park-goers considered it a D-ticket. D-tickets also don't typically cost 100 million bucks.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I remember hearing someone say that the OLC (as well as Japanese guests) do not think of Pooh's Hunny Hunt as an E-ticket, but more closer to a D-ticket! This just made my jaw drop....do the Japanese really have such high standards that even Pooh's Hunny Hunt is considered a D-ticket? By the way, I was told they like their rides to be very elaborate and detailed (definition: high quality).

Unbelievable....
    I have been there and this D critique is not widely held (every person has their opinion). I know for a fact that OLC holds this ride in very high regard. There were issues with reliability early on, but in their own Annual Report said that the ride was responsible for increasing the attendance of TDL up against the opening of TDS. Quite a feat. No D could ever do that. The extreme waiting time, people running to get to the "fast pass" machines and the fact that it held it's popularity longer than most any other E makes it more than a D in my and any disney Book. (But there are those like me that see Journey as a D.) There's always someone!
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• Minion

In my opinion, Pooh's Hunny Hunt is the biggest E-ticket at Tokyo Disneyland. However....aside from the technology involved, I would put several attractions over it.

Personally, my favorite attraction at the park would be Splash Mountain but there's no denying that Pooh's Hunny Hunt is the best attraction at Tokyo Disneyland.

It's just like how some people don't think of Journey to the Center of the Earth as the biggest E-ticket, yet there's no denying that it is the best attraction at Tokyo DisneySea.