Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tokyo Disneyland Auditions Oct. 1

Has anyone been to one of these auditions before? Is it just the same as the face character auditions for Anaheim?

• Creative Director

Re: Tokyo Disneyland Auditions Oct. 1

I believe it is run pretty much the same, in terms of the process.
    The folks casting though may have different likes and dislikes when it comes to their casting.
    Quite a few of the folks cast for Tokyo face characters are those that also have worked at Disneyland or Walt Disney World or Disneyland Paris as face characters. But they also do take complete newbies as well.
    There is absolutely no hurt in going. If you don't go, then you never know. Go for it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tcsnwhite View Post
    Quite a few of the folks cast for Tokyo face characters are those that also have worked at Disneyland or Walt Disney World or Disneyland Paris as face characters. But they also do take complete newbies as well.
    There is absolutely no hurt in going. If you don't go, then you never know. Go for it!!!
    So, do they hold a seperate private audition for current cast members? How do they differentiate between newbies and experienced face characters?
    ** A photoshop princess **

• Shubisha

Does anyone know the details on if you get accepted from one of these? What assistance in figuring out moving details do you get, any details on the process and once you get there, etc.. would be appreciated.

• Creative Director

Quote Originally Posted by anilorak View Post
    So, do they hold a seperate private audition for current cast members? How do they differentiate between newbies and experienced face characters?
    I am not sure. I believe that even prior face characters have to go and audition with everyone else on the audition date. I can try to find out if they get more of a seperate private audition, but I don't think so.

As for the living situation, they put in an apartment in the 'E-village' where all other E-production foreign cast is housed. I am sure you have to take care of certain aspects of the move and living situation yourself, in terms of what you want, and can, take. but overall they work out most of the stuff with you if you're cast.

I'm sure you already checked the Disney Auditions site for Tokyo Disney Resort. If not, here it is:
    http://corporate.disney.go.com/caree...ons_tokyo.html

• Banned User

I believe it is run pretty much the same, in terms of the process.
    Actually, it is not. You have to be *pretty* to play a face character, unlike WDW.

• Creative Director

of course, * pretty* is in the eye of the beholder. Every disney resort around the world has their good and not so good casting.

of course, * pretty* is in the eye of the beholder. Every disney resort around the world has their good and not so good casting.
    I agree....when I made the face cuts at DLR....everyone they chose had to meet back a couple hours after they chose us. We all...of course, got there early so I had nothing else to do but look at the other girls they chose....They all looked about the same. There were definite things they were looking for that each girl had. I don't think it matters how "pretty" you are, but whether you look like the character or not.

I also think because WDW needs more characters they can't be as choosey. I believe it is all in the execution anyway. A timid Ariel...or any insecure or not animated characted would never be believable.

• Banned User

True. Good casting= TDR, HKDLR, DLR.
    Not so good= WDW.
    Horrendous= DLRP.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderette4gnr View Post
    A timid Ariel...or any insecure or not animated characted would never be believable.
    Neither is a fat Snow White, yet that didn't stop them from putting a big girls in the costume sometime ago...

• Minion

Didn't TDL used to hire Japanese girls as Aurora or Belle? There's a picture on themeparkreview.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Neither is a fat Snow White, yet that didn't stop them from putting a big girls in the costume sometime ago...
    I just think that is a bad attitude to have. I didn't get cast because I am too small for the costume 5'4" and a size 0 the smallest size they have is a 4/6)

Ok....true some of the characters are not thin....but fat would be pushing it. They would never cast an obese character simply because they don't have a costume that would fit. However, casting a character that isn't stereotypically beautiful can bring a lot of hope to a lot of little girls who are of all different sizes and shapes. I think it is great to portray women of all sizes who are healthy.....healthy doesn't always mean skinny, but it does not mean obese either.

Also, they may choose a bigger snow white character because in the movie she has a more child-like look. She seems to look softer and rounder than the other characters. That makes sense to me.
    Last edited by Raiderette4gnr; 08-28-2006 at 01:57 PM.

• Sea Creature

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Didn't TDL used to hire Japanese girls as Aurora or Belle? There's a picture on themeparkreview.
    Hahaha! No those were crazy fan girls that were dressed up.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
    Hahaha! No those were crazy fan girls that were dressed up.
    I knew it!
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast