Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 76
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    California Central Coast
    Posts
    25

    DisneySea Little Mermaid Show

    Anybody have any pictures/videos of this show? I know that officially, no pics/videos are allowed, but I just know that someone out there has to have some anyway!
    ** A photoshop princess **

  2. #2

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    4,291

    Re: DisneySea Little Mermaid Show

    Quote Originally Posted by anilorak View Post
    Anybody have any pictures/videos of this show? I know that officially, no pics/videos are allowed, but I just know that someone out there has to have some anyway!
    I would try but Japanese CM's are VERY strict in rules. If they see anyone attempt to film it, they will stop you within 5 seconds. So basically, there are probably no videos anywhere. Photos might have slipped their eyes since you can attempt a non flash photo.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~


  3. #3

    • Sea Creature
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1,026

    Re: DisneySea Little Mermaid Show

    http://www.tdrfan.com/tds/mermaid_la...ater/index.htm
    This is all I can find for now, I think I have seen others before, I'll have to look. It's a fabulous show by the way. It's done with puppetry. The puppeteers are fully visible and I don't think I've ever seen more convincing fully visible puppeteers before. Their facial expressions are priceless.

  4. #4

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    439

    Re: DisneySea Little Mermaid Show

    The Ursula AA head is also easily one of the most impressive AAs ever built, and BY FAR the most underrated.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    67

    Re: DisneySea Little Mermaid Show

    ^ and her hands!!!

    There is a short trailer in TDR official site. I couldn't find another video...

    In this page there is a clapperboard icon. Click it to start the trailer.
    English page does'nt have the link.

    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t...c_theater.html
    (FYI: This trailer's soundtrack is not used in the show. This song is a Theme song for the Marmaid Lagoon area.)

    Last edited by polygonaut; 09-03-2006 at 03:26 AM.

  6. #6

    • Just this guy......
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,526

    Re: DisneySea Little Mermaid Show

    I have seen video of this show and it's amazing!!! There really is nothing else like it. The actors are hanging from wires to make it look like they are moving through water and the puppet work is just something else.

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    14,940

    Re: DisneySea Little Mermaid Show

    Quote Originally Posted by kayoss View Post
    The Ursula AA head is also easily one of the most impressive AAs ever built, and BY FAR the most underrated.
    And scares the bejesus out of the brats in the audience.

  8. #8

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,594

    Re: DisneySea Little Mermaid Show

    Wow didn't know that there was a AA Ursula in that show soo look foward to seeing it in person,there is some video footage by the way of the show on the new Tokyo Disney Resort DVD thats out.Must say looks very impressive and a huge step up from the attraction at Disney MGM Studios.

  9. #9

    • Former Epcot CM
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Travelling the world but home is the UK
    Posts
    4,865

    Re: DisneySea Little Mermaid Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Must say looks very impressive and a huge step up from the attraction at Disney MGM Studios.
    About ten years difference in development as well.

    Slightly OT, but this topic reminds me of the Little Mermaid show currently in development (in London ) for showing on Broadway next year. I was wondering whether Disney would commission WDI to produce a similar Ursula AA for the Broadway show, but then I think it is much more likely that puppetry or something else would be used for a Broadway stage production, rather then a theme park production. Would have been cool corporate synergy though.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

    DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

    (VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS


  10. #10

    • Waiting for my E-Ticket
    • Online

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota
    Posts
    19,633

    Re: DisneySea Little Mermaid Show

    Ok I seriously want to see this show. It looks so cool!

  11. #11

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Posts
    439

    Re: DisneySea Little Mermaid Show

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    And scares the bejesus out of the brats in the audience.
    It scared the heck out of ME!!! I was sitting closest to where the head comes out of the wall (which is FAST!!!!) and completely didn't expect it, having not read about it anywhere. It's REALLY freaky, and scared me the SECOND time even knowing where it emerged!

    I can't imagine what a little kid would do.

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    360

    Re: DisneySea Little Mermaid Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    About ten years difference in development as well.

    Slightly OT, but this topic reminds me of the Little Mermaid show currently in development (in London ) for showing on Broadway next year. I was wondering whether Disney would commission WDI to produce a similar Ursula AA for the Broadway show, but then I think it is much more likely that puppetry or something else would be used for a Broadway stage production, rather then a theme park production. Would have been cool corporate synergy though.
    Yep it will be a puppet and its going to be voiced by Pat Carroll herself. I glad because I think It would be hard to duplicate such a memorable voice.

  13. #13

    • Vehicle rotating backward
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,623

    Re: DisneySea Little Mermaid Show

    Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    And scares the bejesus out of the brats in the audience.
    That's the Disney spirit!

  14. #14

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    3

    Re: DisneySea Little Mermaid Show

    When I was there in 2003, I purchased a souvenir video that had about 10-15 minutes of every show at TDS including Mermaid. Not sure if you will be able to find it on Ebay, but it is pretty amazing!

  15. #15

    • Just this guy......
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,526

    Re: DisneySea Little Mermaid Show

    Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    Wow didn't know that there was a AA Ursula in that show soo look foward to seeing it in person,there is some video footage by the way of the show on the new Tokyo Disney Resort DVD thats out.Must say looks very impressive and a huge step up from the attraction at Disney MGM Studios.
    I personally would not call Ursula in the show a AA. I believe that it's really a large puppet.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Video] What does this remind you of in DisneySEA?
    By TimmyTimmyTimmy in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2009, 07:39 AM
  2. [Other] The Lost DisneySea
    By Another Voice in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 101
    Last Post: 05-01-2009, 02:16 PM
  3. [Question] Best Day to visit Disneysea?
    By [email protected] in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-04-2008, 04:52 PM
  4. DisneySea Janitor
    By DreamSweetsLove in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-19-2007, 06:06 AM
  5. Mermaid Lagoon Theater Show-Video
    By DisneySeaFan in forum Tokyo Disney Resort
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 04-14-2007, 06:40 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •