Thread: Guest Size!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Guest Size!

Interesting I was just over at another forum where there are talking about how the attractions at the Tokyo parks are built more in mind to accomodate the Japanese guest who are of smaller build compare to us westerners.And I was wondering if there is any truth to these rumours at all.

So has anyone ever had difficulty fitting into a attraction in Tokyo because of say they hight or build or do you like at the US & Paris parks ,have no probs at all in fitting into the various attractions around the Resort.

What Im saying is how true are these rumours?

Re: Guest Size!

May I speak? ...Tough, I'm a short & slim build Japanese.[smilie=4,44,35]

..I don't feel US seats & rides are too loose or oversized like agrestic hobbits in town feel.

Perhaps the feeling of tightness is greatly affected by the safety-related instruments.

I felt Tokyo Tower (of Terror)'s 3-point lap strap was tighter than Orlando Tower. It's too tight!

• Minion

I've heard a lot of people complain about 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. They say that the compartment is way too small for tall people, and that making you lean down to watch the scenes is hard on their backs.

Journey to the Center of the Earth is another one where you might have slight problems. The vehicles have limited leg room, and I've heard instances where a guest had to sit sort of sideways to be able to fit in. The good thing about the seats are that they're red leather and very comfortable, especially when compared to Space Mountain.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

My height could be a problem then as Im about 5.9 - 6.0 or so people say, but then again I've visited WDW,DLRP and DLR and have never faced a problem except at Disneyland where I had issues with Roger Rabbit Cartoon Spin.I've no probs actually riding it but its a tight fit due to Disney adding all kind of safety stuff after the accident on it a few years back.

Am I right in guessing most of the attractions are atleast identicle in size to those found at other parks.Anyone like to make any comparrision on this like polygonaut just did comparing the two TOT's found in Tokyo & Orlando.

• Minion

I think you'll be okay with most of the attractions. StormRider is just like Star Tours, and you'll probably have no problem fitting in the seat. Like I said above, some attractions do have limited leg room and you might have trouble sitting. You will be able to ride though, just that it may not be very comfortable with the restraint pushing down on you.

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea will probably be the toughest, as you will definitely have to hunch over if you wish to enjoy the ride. The ride vehicle is already very small, and having to lean even further really hurts. But who knows? Maybe it won't be a problem for you, as I have heard from people who enjoyed the ride with no issues.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Don't believe myths. All TDR ride vehicles are standard in size to what you have at the other parks. Malin, you won't have any problems with height situation any different than if you were visiting DL in CA. Trust me.

Topic closed.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Don't believe myths. All TDR ride vehicles are standard in size to what you have at the other parks.
    Not 100% true.

My wife and I got stopped when we were getting fastpasses to Raging Spirits in Tokyo DisneySea. After some confusing gesturing and apologies, the cast member ran off and found another cast member who spoke english, and she asked us to follow her to a special "test vehicle". They have this so that they can test if guests of a larger build will fit in the ride vehicles.

Now my wife has never had a problem fitting into a ride vehicle in any Disney park around the world, but she couldn't fit into this vehicle properly, so we couldn't ride!

To make up for the fact we had already been issues fastpasses which we couldn't use, they handed us special passes for the Indiana Jones ride which let us go straight on without queuing!

• Banned User

You must be like gigantic for this to happen to you because my good friend in Japan is a big boy (and mind you, I have a fat back myself) and this has never been an issue when we go on rides together.

• Banned User

Too bad I can't put Raging Spirits to the test as is closed during my trip.

Great gesture to offer you FP's for another attraction by the way.