Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Successful TOT opening

Well folks, I just got back from TDS and TDL. The crowds of fanatics decended upon TDS with gusto as the TOT was officially opened that day, Sept. 4th, on TDS' official 5th anniversary. The gates were opened early, even though the park had announced a 9am opening time, but I beleive the gates may have been opened since 8am. I got there at 8:15am. Upon entering the park, they were doing things differently. Only 4 turnstyles opened and the were funneling everyone into those opened stations only. I believe the reason for this was to control the access of fans rushing to storm TOT. Good call. I entered TDS and immediately joined the crowd rushing towards TOT, to find out that the FP line ended at Cape Cod and the FP return time was already at 1pm. Immediately I made a mad dash for the Stand by line which was posted at 60 mins. I did stand by for it and waited exactly 50 mins from the time I entered the line in front of the Broadway Theater, to the time I actually sat in the elevator. Throughout this time, there were no FP guests since the first FP appointments were due to start at 9:15am. The line moved quickly and effectively without the FP guests cutting to the front. Yet another reason why I feel FP has got to go!

When I exited the ride at around 9:25am, the stand by wait was already 220 mins long because the FP guests were now allowed into the TOT. BTW... FP distribution ended at 9:45am when all FP were *gone* for the day.

One disappointment... there was NO ceremony to mark the grand opening of the tower nor to commemorate TDS' actual 5th anniversary day. But maybe that was a good call based on the huge crowds around the Tower for most of the time I was there.

I headed to TDL to check this year's Nightmare overlay at the haunted Mansion. Nothing new there, except for some nice merchandise with a nice logo this year. TDL was however... DEAD. One of those rare days when TDS is actually more crowded than TDL. FYI.. the tarps and scaffoldings have come back to the castle in the front portion on it but this time, they have painted the castle on the tarps so it doesn't look all that bad. They must be removing the water equipment from the Cool summer shows..

And there you have it!!!
    Photos of the TOT madness to come soon. If you care that is..

Disappointment #2, the new fold out guidemaps similar to those found at the other Disney resorts. I have always felt TDR's guideBOOKS, with much color info and photo were a step above all others, but even OLC is now going cheap with separate entertainment and park map fold out paper guides that wrinkle quite easily. I do not like them. Thumbs down.

• Banned User

Re: Successful TOT opening

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Well folks, I just got back from TDS and TDL. The crowds of fanatics decended upon TDS with gusto as the TOT was officially opened that day, Sept. 4th, on TDS' official 5th anniversary. The gates were opened early, even though the park had announced a 9am opening time, but I beleive the gates may have been opened since 8am. I got there at 8:15am. Upon entering the park, they were doing things differently. Only 4 turnstyles opened and the were funneling everyone into those opened stations only. I believe the reason for this was to control the access of fans rushing to storm TOT. Good call. I entered TDS and immediately joined the crowd rushing towards TOT, to find out that the FP line ended at Cape Cod and the FP return time was already at 1pm. Immediately I made a mad dash for the Stand by line which was posted at 60 mins. I did stand by for it and waited exactly 50 mins from the time I entered the line in front of the Broadway Theater, to the time I actually sat in the elevator. Throughout this time, there were no FP guests since the first FP appointments were due to start at 9:15am. The line moved quickly and effectively without the FP guests cutting to the front. Yet another reason why I feel FP has got to go!

When I exited the ride at around 9:25am, the stand by wait was already 220 mins long because the FP guests were now allowed into the TOT. BTW... FP distribution ended at 9:45am when all FP were *gone* for the day.

One disappointment... there was NO ceremony to mark the grand opening of the tower nor to commemorate TDS' actual 5th anniversary day. But maybe that was a good call based on the huge crowds around the Tower for most of the time I was there.

I headed to TDL to check this year's Nightmare overlay at the haunted Mansion. Nothing new there, except for some nice merchandise with a nice logo this year. TDL was however... DEAD. One of those rare days when TDS is actually more crowded than TDL. FYI.. the tarps and scaffoldings have come back to the castle in the front portion on it but this time, they have painted the castle on the tarps so it doesn't look all that bad. They must be removing the water equipment from the Cool summer shows..

And there you have it!!!
    Photos of the TOT madness to come soon. If you care that is..

Disappointment #2, the new fold out guidemaps similar to those found at the other Disney resorts. I have always felt TDR's guideBOOKS, with much color info and photo were a step above all others, but even OLC is now going cheap with separate entertainment and park map fold out paper guides that wrinkle quite easily. I do not like them. Thumbs down.
    YAY... Can't wait for photos...

wait, no more guide books... Darn.. I never got ot get one...

• Banned User

FastPasses are god's gift to the park-goer who doesn't want to wait in a huge line.

Thanks for the updates TDLFAN

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    FastPasses are god's gift to the park-goer who doesn't want to wait in a huge line.
    Correction.. a gift to lazy bums who do not care to wait... problem is, it makes other guests wait twice their turn as well.. reason why it must be terminated.

Blog Entries

It doesn't really help that much because it makes all the other lines longer, so while you're not standing in an hour long line at the one attraction, you're standing in lines twice as long everywhere else.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    wait, no more guide books... Darn.. I never got ot get one...
    I did
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Correction.. a gift to lazy bums who do not care to wait... problem is, it makes other guests wait twice their turn as well.. reason why it must be terminated.
    So when a line hits 180 minutes long, it means I am a lazy bum because I do not care to wait for that long?

• Banned User

Hey, hey! Let's not start an argument. We are celebrating an awsome opening for TOT. Let's hope that this heavy investment generates some positive hype for DisneySea. Disney theme parks need more E-tickets like this. It's nothing short of amazing from the brand new storyline, to the incredible architecture, to those green bolts of light.

• Sea Creature

Oh dang it, I did like the book format better, it was easier to handle and not so tedious to unfold.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    I did
    And you did not deserve them. Still waiting for my promised meal deal...

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Mathius View Post
    So when a line hits 180 minutes long, it means I am a lazy bum because I do not care to wait for that long?
    Just want to add my two cents worth but are not looking for argument!

Im sure there is not one person on this board who doesn't use FastPass,so no it doesn't, however most of these 180 min waits are also due to everyone using the FastPass system.So it needs to go.

Thanks for the update TDLFAN I've checked the daily photo updates on Deep Disney and its often posting 120 min waits without our friend FP being used.Now will this change next week when Disney's Halloween officially kicks of I don't know!

• Banned User

Not everyone uses FastPass--if they did, there would be fewer people in the standby line and it would be shorter. The only people who grump about FastPasses are the ones who don't want to use them and, for some reason I've never been able to fathom, WANT to wait in a queue!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I dissagree the stand by lines are actually never really that long and what makes the waits longer are all the people who are let through thanks to FastPass.Thats the reason the stand by lines can be as long as 180 mins for a attraction like Pooh.

I use Fast Pass all the time but not through choice I'd rather wait in line like everyone else but why should I when there are people who have no probs taking advantage of the system.

Just my view

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    Not everyone uses FastPass--if they did, there would be fewer people in the standby line and it would be shorter. The only people who grump about FastPasses are the ones who don't want to use them and, for some reason I've never been able to fathom, WANT to wait in a queue!
    You're incorrect, because you haven't taken into account the people who are waiting in queues for non-FP attractions. People who take FPs and get in queues for non-FP attractions are making the queue longer for those attractions even though that attraction doesn't have FP!

As such, we're people who don't like having to wait in line 40 minutes for a simple 5 minute dark ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast