Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Exclamation Photos from TOT's queue on opening day.

...If you build it, they will come...
    or so it goes, even if that doesn't apply to DLP or HKDL.. but who cares? When lunacy and quality combine, there is bound to be combustion. So was the case the morning of Sept 4th 2006, when OLC officially opened TOT to the World.
    Check out these photos and experience what it was like to go thru the queue as the entire population of Tokyo was trying to do the same. Explore the details and other surprises most guests won't get to see on a regular (slow) day at TDS' TOT. Read captions and you may learn a thing or two, or not.

http://albums.photo.epson.com/
    j/AlbumIndex?u=4334673&a=32298661&f=

• Banned User

Re: Photos from TOT's queue on opening day.

Great photos!

• Banned User

Great photo tour of the queue!

Has anyone been there recently, now that it's been open for a week, and it's raining almost every day, and school is in session, what are the lines like?

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Well despite the rain,school being in session plus the very popular Halloween events going on next door at TDL the TOT was able to post a 80 min stand by time,with this pic taken today http://www.toms-net.com/DeepDisney/i...t20060914d.htm

• Banned User

I'll be there next week and will have to get my hindquarters over to the standby line first thing in the a.m.!

• I was deleted.

Wow! Such great pictures TDLFAN. Looking at those pictures reminds me a lot of Everest.

With such a HUGE wait it only makes me fear visiting this park even more - will I ever get to see ANYTHING but a line?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    With such a HUGE wait it only makes me fear visiting this park even more - will I ever get to see ANYTHING but a line?
    Good question. You will only see these type of lines on special days, holidays, summer season or grand opening days. On other regular days, things are not as hectic. You want to avoid chaos at TDR? you must plan to go there on non-holiday/non-vacation/week days...

• Minion

Go in mid July; everything is a walk on!
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

You MUST follow smart park-going rules if you want to have a successful and fun day at the Tokyo Disney Resort.
    That means:
    1) Get your butt out of bed and make sure you're in line in front of the gates (along with hundreds of Japanese) 30 to 60 minutes before park opening.
    2) Once the gates open, walk directly to Pooh's Hunny Hunt and RIDE It. Do not get a FastPass for it.
    3) When you get out, go directly to the next ride that's popular, such as Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, or Space Mountain. Get a FastPass for it, then continue on to one of the other two.
    In this way you will be able to get most of the rides with the longest lines done by 10 or 11 am and you can then focus on the rides that get less attention, such as Pirates, Mansion, Jungle Cruise, etc.
    4) Finally, in the busiest part of the day, go see the Mickey Mouse Revue, Country Bear Vacation Jamboree, Enchanted Tiki Room, etc.--these get the least amount of attention from Park goers.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Good question. You will only see these type of lines on special days, holidays, summer season or grand opening days. On other regular days, things are not as hectic. You want to avoid chaos at TDR? you must plan to go there on non-holiday/non-vacation/week days...
    How much of the "summer season" is busy and when does it start/end?

Quote Originally Posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    Go in mid July; everything is a walk on!
    Again, I'm wondering about the summer season since what TDLFAN said above. yoyo is a teacher so we'd probably go over the summer. (But would be at least a year away. I'm sure I'll ask more questions in time.)

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    You MUST follow smart park-going rules if you want to have a successful and fun day at the Tokyo Disney Resort.
    That means:
    1) Get your butt out of bed and make sure you're in line in front of the gates (along with hundreds of Japanese) 30 to 60 minutes before park opening.
    2) Once the gates open, walk directly to Pooh's Hunny Hunt and RIDE It. Do not get a FastPass for it.
    3) When you get out, go directly to the next ride that's popular, such as Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain, or Space Mountain. Get a FastPass for it, then continue on to one of the other two.
    In this way you will be able to get most of the rides with the longest lines done by 10 or 11 am and you can then focus on the rides that get less attention, such as Pirates, Mansion, Jungle Cruise, etc.
    4) Finally, in the busiest part of the day, go see the Mickey Mouse Revue, Country Bear Vacation Jamboree, Enchanted Tiki Room, etc.--these get the least amount of attention from Park goers.
    Those sound like great tips, thank you!

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

I just can't get over how much I love the design for the Japanese TOT. Thanks again, TDLFAN! The other glimpses of the park show just how unique the theming is over there, and it is a testament to WDI and the local market that they have managed to get something so unique after their own 'smaller' start.

My own trip, unless included as part of a stopover, is some years away so I won't even bother to guess what kind of crowds I'd run into. Typically, I try to travel in September or May, as they seem like universally good months weather-wise (unless you are going to New Orleans, and Katrina hits a week before you leave, as it did for me last year).
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.” - Bill Hicks

• Having a Grand Day!

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    and school is in session
    One thing I learnt from a friend who was a Australian teacher at a school in Japan is that the Japanese will skip school on a whim, and get away with it - the system is set up so they have to attend a minumum number of days to pass, with the rest usualy being free reign.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

/\ Which is odd considering how structured Japan seems to be.

• Pirate - G'har!

Nice photos! How I wish I could ride TDS' Tower!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Their architecture is very stunning to look at. I wish I were there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast