Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Sector Two Droid Repair

Stormrider video?

Does anyone have a video of the stormrider ride at DisneySea?
    http://www.endorexpress.net/
    Disneyland - It's better than drugs.

• Minion

Re: Stormrider video?

Seeing as how they prohibit photography or filming of any kind, I don't think there would be a video. Plus, CM's there are very strict in maintaining this rule so they would ask you to stop if you attempt to film.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

• Banned User

Videotaping or any type of photography is nearly impossible in there. They make sure your cameras are out of the way and not in your hands or laps before they start the ride. They can also see what guests are doing *during* the ride.
    You can see a bit of that video in the TDR official site.

Scroll down here until you find it.
    http://www.tokyodisneyresort.co.jp/t.../tds_atrc.html

• Banned User

I enjoy Stormrider, but those seams in the screen bother me. For some reason they're not nearly as obvious in Soarin', but really stick out in Stormrider and it tends to ruin the illusion.
    Anyone else notice this?

• Banned User

What do you mean "seams"? Because my gripe with "Soarin" is the amount of dirty you see sticking to the film which shows up on the projected image, and that ruins it for me, not to mention the ridiculous amount of time it takes to prep everyone for the show, and to get off the ride.

The thing is I do remember seeing at one time a video of the entire stormrider ride. The ride video was in english and there was a point where the storm got too strong and your compainion ship gets destroyed and debris flys at your cabin. They is why there is a large rod sticking out of the roof. Finally, your ship shoots off its missile and the storm is taken out. I wish I could find that video again.

Anyway, looking at the cabin of the ship. Does it look very unthemed for a Disney Sea ride?

• Banned User

The cabin seems as appropriately themed as it's intended to be. How can you make one of the biggest simulators ever installed in a theme park be more themed based on the parameters you have to deal with?? Personally, this simulator exceeded my expectations from day one because of the in-theater effects. That is something I have not experienced from other simulators around.

I have a full video on DVD (It has everything except the 4d movie)...I wish I could post it.

• Banned User

What 4D movie? StormRider is not even presented in 3D!!!

• Minion

^

He means he has videos of every ride/attraction except the Magic Lamp Theatre
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

To me the front of the cabin looks great but I've seen pictures of the audiance and the back just looks like an empty box. It is impressive how many people are in there. Is this ride simular to the Borg Invasion 4D in Las Vegas in terms of cabin size?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by phruby View Post
    To me the front of the cabin looks great but I've seen pictures of the audiance and the back just looks like an empty box. It is impressive how many people are in there. Is this ride simular to the Borg Invasion 4D in Las Vegas in terms of cabin size?
    NO. For starters, the Borg simulator wasn't that big. The Stormrider one fits about 75 guests or so. The screen is not attached to the simulator like Star Tours' But somehow, the whole idea works. They even have monitor screens on the doors on either side to simulate windows, like an airplane, and even the movie on those "windows" match the action in front of you... for a realistic 180 degree experience in a flying machine.
    This is hard to explain for me.

• Banned User

Stormrider is a great, immersive ride: much better than Star Tours.

The seams I'm referring to are one of two things: either where the smaller pieces of fabric are stitched together to make the large screen, or where the fabric is attached (at the back) to some sort of backing. Either way, the screen in Stormrider appears to be made of rectangular patches of material rather than one large piece, and those seams are very visible to me. They are less visible during Soarin.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
    Stormrider is a great, immersive ride: much better than Star Tours.

The seams I'm referring to are one of two things: either where the smaller pieces of fabric are stitched together to make the large screen, or where the fabric is attached (at the back) to some sort of backing. Either way, the screen in Stormrider appears to be made of rectangular patches of material rather than one large piece, and those seams are very visible to me. They are less visible during Soarin.
    Oh I see what you mean. Well as far as I know, and I am not an expert on these technical things... I believe the Soarin' screen is an IMAX type rounded screen and therefore free of seams.

That sounds cool. I guess that gives a more 3d-like appearance to the windows if they are not just simply video screens. So before you enter the cabin, do you cross into a large room with the simulator in the middle (like star tours) or do you directly enter the cabin? What is the preshow like?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast